Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:54 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:30 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: Darunada@gmail.com
Hi everyone,

Welcome to Mirage Source!

I ask that you do one thing before beginning your forum life. Go back to the forum index, and click the button labeled "Mark all forums read" in the top right corner area (on subSilver anyways)

After you do this, all those yellow bubbles will be gone (or whatever they are in your theme). For the next few days, as you get used to our community (and it DOES take getting used to us :P) either make a new thread, or post in one that had some new posts in it since you've joined.

By not posting in threads that haven't had new posts, you will save us a lot of annoyance, as well as spare yourself from losing reputation instead of gaining it.

Now, this isn't a hard fast rule. If you're reading a tutorial and have something to add, please by all means do! If you have an error to report, read the thread, read the code, and spend some time actually debugging it. If you still can't find the error, post it in the tutorial thread and we'll try to help - but we'll be upset if it's a stupid error! If you're in an old thread (as evidenced by no new posts in the last month) refrain from posting unless it's an improvement. At that point the thread is old enough, we don't want your comments.

Let me explain one more thing before bidding you good luck at the Mirage Source community. We are very tightly knit. The forums are a gathering place, but most of us talk to each other out side of the forums, and sometimes (quite often actually) convos get jumbled up around the forums and chats. If you don't understand what's going on, or why someone made a comment in such a way, it's probably best to ignore it. Go ahead and post, but don't comment directly on what other people say until you get into the swing of things...

So welcome to Mirage, good luck, and on behalf of all of us, we hope you become a productive member of our community.

-Lea

I am a professional software developer in Salt Lake City, UT.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:36 pm 
Basically, what Lea is saying. Is it's okay to be a noob, but don't be a retarded noob. Use your common sense (if you lack it, leave. >.>) and don't try to jump in and joke with everyone like you've known them forever, cause, well, you haven't. >.>

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:37 pm 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: infectiousbyte@gmail.com
Yeah, I accidentally participated in a Necro post, as I couldn't tell that it was necro. The three posts ahead of me, were from the same day, but it suddenly cut off and went to July 02. T_T;;, anyways a good guide written, it's simple but to the point. And why does everyone hate labmonkey so much?

GIAKEN wrote:
I can't take these huge penises anymore! All that's left is shame! And blood

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:39 pm 
DFA wrote:
lol, what'd labmonkey do

He was an idiot. Spammed the fuck out of the forums and basically, is useless in all aspects of life.

>.>

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:56 pm 
Knowledgeable

I'm sure there's a perfectly logical explanation for doing all that, though... but that logic doesn't apply here.

Hell, it probably doesn't apply to the Internet.

Good guide though, Lea. It applies to people like me too, who have been around for years but have seldom activity & switch accounts.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:01 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: Darunada@gmail.com
Oh come on, I was making a joke ><

Yes it can apply to people who make new accounts and such. Especially if most people don't know of the switch.

I am a professional software developer in Salt Lake City, UT.