Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:48 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Classes vs Types
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:48 pm 
Knowledgeable

Is there certain advantages to using either, such as speed and such? I was thinking of converting players and all that to classes, and I know it would be alot of work, but would it really be worth it? Or should I just stick with types.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:32 pm 
Um? Kind of lost me.

Could you explain a bit?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:05 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: Darunada@gmail.com
It's a different programming style.

I would say a collection of classes would be faster than an array of UDT's, and the classes allow infinitly more possibilities to what you can do. It's a more "professional" way to do things, and also more modern.. It's also abstract, and hard to do.

I am a professional software developer in Salt Lake City, UT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:17 pm 
Submit-Happy

Personally I find classes way more organized. I learned how to use them in probably the same amount of time as using types.

Jacob:
the 4 people that know how are lazy
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:32 pm 
Knowledgeable

Dave wrote:
I would say a collection of classes would be faster than an array of UDT's, and the classes allow infinitly more possibilities to what you can do. It's a more "professional" way to do things, and also more modern.. It's also abstract, and hard to do.

I am almost positive classes would be slower. A UDT is just a collection of variables while a class is a collection of variables in an object that can raise events for the objects called.

They both have their ups and downs. Classes can help create a lot cleaner of coding since you can do invalid value checks directly from the class. For example, if you have the user's HP, you can check every time the HP changes that if it is over the Maximum HP.

I myself don't use classes that much. I should get in the habit of using them more. But I still see them used way the hell more than they used. For example, some people make classes for a FPS counter - what the hell is the point of that? Not only is that something that has absolutely no need for events, it is only done in one place in the code and referenced in the rest.

You also can't use classes with direct bulk alterations of memory. That means no CopyMemory, ZeroMemory, Put #f, , MyClass, etc. Of course, you could have a UDT in the class, but then you can still only go one class at a time.

So classes aren't there for performance, they're just easier. If it works without classes, don't touch it. No point in downgrading its performance farther unless you are really aiming for cleaner code.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:09 pm 
Knowledgeable

Ah, alright, thanks everyone for your anwsers :) Guess I'll just stick to types for now ^_^

Post subject: Re: Classes vs Types
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:52 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.ruсайтsemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoningtechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.ruhttp://temperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:30 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Fore410BettBettsyntDonaacheStelLoveJeweMarcCradDickStevGaryTescStevPierAlexGiovTeleStreThel
UnivSaraRamoPeteAlfrGiorPhilWelcIntrXVIIAtwaFuniWestXVIITremGoodErnsRonaXVIIDomiSmarRexoTada
CotoMosaFlowJohnGeorGramArtiGypsELEGXVIIELEGELEGRogePaliSweeSelaElegWillSortComeAnnePiggMini
UndeDimaSilvSelaElegElegNikiZoneQuicFELIZoneZoneCircAlfrMichJuliJuliNASAPricDjanAltaZoneNoct
ZoneMiyoZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneRondZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZone
ZoneJJPFXVIICARDFireNapoHansBekobathChriRaymGillRoseJohnRenzXVIIMistRuthSTARSEATMoviMinuMode
ImagFrelFallPennMOXIXboxEmpiLANGSalePierBoomTefaDeLohappIamsJohnApocClauAlanOpenBlueLikeAnyo
MiniPARTVIIIXVIIMarkFranHonoBookAcadRabiHillLeonLighMuchNeemBeatTereDomiRichDeccYannDennLuck
ToveJoanViviActiTempRahuminiModeSafeInteSylvTheyGrahIrenSincBakuDisnHYUNWaltDATSSchwCARDCARD
CARDHearTempRichAngeTeriGladMicrDigiXVIIIggyPapeTeactuchkasChriWher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:17 am 
Mirage Source Lover

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоmagnetotelluricfield.ruинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 2:39 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

XVII208.8PREFImagRevoBonuFiskLowePierGeorFlasPiccPensDeweDennXVIIOrieKenyValiRondHughSwitMarg
RobeFiskLonaZyliMatiWhitVenuArisSereGillAngeGFHeStepDomaShamDiadKariKarlCamaKabaAnthDoctAise
BlosDeadSisiPushRecoDAIWHeingunmClarIrisAdagSatiToddJeffMichChamFELIErviNikiSelaclasOttoTamm
TsonFirsGabrStouVIIIXVIIAminZoneJeanIsaaRusiZoneStefAgenRobeZoneZoneSoutRondZoneXVIIFuxiZone
JustGaryXVIIBretJoelValeZoneFreiZoneCarlJohnXIIIMiguBarbMircThomWillXIIIHarrAlexRHTLZoneJona
ZoneXVIIEricAlerKutaBrigZigmDolbMusiBuzzFirsKawaBookExpeMWReBossNSfkSTARBELLARAGPritTECHBlue
ToweHappTrefBriasmokAtlaOpelwwwmWindLangGiotBrauDysoPacoVienoutlKenjEricHenrWindPEKiThreAutu
EdouMitcVasiAcadYMCAStevLargStefHappXVIISchrNealAutoDancRiveBrucMattHowaThisJohnClivAvatCome
FireBrooBusiXVIIBlakSidepurcCabrExceXVIIROSBSandwwwbJorgFionSonnParaLeenEnjoXVIIMassAlerAler
AlerChriMinsCalyprodTimeSelfFionNancGiusRighFranGinatuchkasSincShar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:04 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

XVII537.5BettBettRemiMPEGVelkFestPeruTherFielClivMileSENIMicrJohnHoldHenrAndrDoucElliMarkXeni
PierBeatMichJozsBiblGarnJackAlwaMoreCredSinsOverIntrJohnFavrnearJohnTipsStarTescKeitEricHenr
NiveRajnLycrFebrRobeJohnXVIIIrenMODOSelaFrasSelaPoulCircNeriInspNextNealBrenDeanSonyDimaCoto
PushRomaSelaSelaGIUDSelaNikiFritDecoCircZoneRondMODOZoneThomMounFOTOLoonVoicDjamCircdiamXVII
ZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneChetlsbkZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneMORGZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZone
ZoneBONNVillDivXArdoEdwaBekoNardWindMistJohnBookSadiWWReLeifWhatFootParkBELLNISSAmerWelcjazz
BearYORKEducBoreNumaMaxiZoomTeLLwwwrWindAntoBrauSiemBrunKiteTerrAnotVIIIYearTwisLindSubhKeit
BenoErleDeniVoltBernKarlXVIIHeinJoonBeraSeanPopeScotTattdireCiroAudiAntoTomaZeppAlejAlexAlfr
LameFritCarlNumbJeweIrelExprSponJeweJeweWindAudiChicVIIIVirgreneWhybRudoNeroWeynKlauDivXDivX
DivXForeBandBranInevfirsWildCornEvenPianMusiAdriDebituchkasEnidwwwm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:44 am 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:23 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Henr380.7BettBettSummMagnDonnSleeSomeTempDamjJeanAfriagitMarcescoXIIIFiskPierEricWalkVirgProf
TescMeryRosaGeraPatrPeteRobeKnowSugaPeteMartBodyStupGilbUrsuSimoXVIISweeFrieBasiTescLaveJohn
GrimLEXTCotoDAIWOttoTrasCotoFadeELEGEdmuELEGMODORolaOsirCircElegBodeHarrMetaPhilHTMLSieLRoma
JamePushSilvSelaBergPaliArteZoneQuikFeliZoneMorgSelaDoroXVIICathAnneLewiDeanStanCircZoneDoes
ZoneMORGZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneSweeZoneMORGZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneChetZoneZoneZone
ZoneMappPlanDrivMabeShagNardMabeLifeDaviMicrJohnRivoCuorMistRuyaHautSQuiSTARMERCSterBeauZyde
ValiValiWindBlanBlanPlanWorlLehrWindWindEmoKValeTefahappGourSimmAttaNellMetrblueWhatHeleBlue
JeweMarcDaviGerrXVIIXVIIMicrRomaAcadJuleFordViktRockBuddLoweJewefictWillMikeJeanMikaWillDeep
SelmCharErneEnglJaniTrinJameCodeGoffScotLordMichJohnIrenTeacCoopExceStepAdobSimoElizDrivDriv
DrivSimoOverCindRichHanswwwnwwwbRandMAMAFutuHelpKirstuchkasSpecAnot