Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 826 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next
 Post subject: Help me decide...
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:07 am 
Regular

Well, I think I to change my source code...I'm sick and tired for getting RTE's with my Elysium Source, and am wondering what source I should go for now.....I'm constidering Mirage, but I'm nt sure which one...im have a bit of expirence in source coding, but I don't think I'll be able to a full feature...and I'm not sure which version of Mirage I should start with...

Can you help me decide...before the game crashes...again

Tay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:27 am 
Pro

I guess MSE1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:44 am 
Knowledgeable

If you get that many errors, you can only blame yourself, not Elysium. So I suggest using some closed-source engine.

Post subject: Re: Help me decide...
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:04 am 

Tayuke wrote:
Well, I think I to change my source code...I'm sick and tired for getting RTE's with my Elysium Source, and am wondering what source I should go for now.....I'm constidering Mirage, but I'm nt sure which one...im have a bit of expirence in source coding, but I don't think I'll be able to a full feature...and I'm not sure which version of Mirage I should start with...

Can you help me decide...before the game crashes...again

Tay

Send me a PM on Elysium stating what the RTE's are and maybe ill be able to help you. Just its more than likely your code as I dont have any. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:11 am 
Community Leader

Google Talk: johansson_tk@hotmail.com
I suggest using MSE1 then, there are a lot of tutorials to help you get started. You should probably not wait for MSE2 since it will be harder to use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:17 pm 
Regular

Joost wrote:
If you get that many errors, you can only blame yourself, not Elysium. So I suggest using some closed-source engine.

No, its not my fault...the RTE's are popping out of no where.....the come at random ties, for reasons I don't even know...its anyig me as the dv., and the BETA testers too....

Lets see here...I've gotten:

RTE 91
RTE 10
RTE 13
RTE 5
RTE 6
RTE 9

...and I have the emails to prove them (thank you 30 trial program :) )

and, ManiacSteve,...Elysium have be banned til 24th Feb...til then, I'm stuck here. That's another reason I'll think I'll switch. The community here isn't as bad as the members and mods on ES who flame you for every spelling mistake you make :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:00 am 

yeah, i know what you mean, mirage forum members are sooo nice. i dont have any, i go on elsium, phoenix, mirage, mmorpg. but i know what you mean about the amount of flaming on elysium, people stopped flaming me as much as now im a mod for the et part of the forum as i make it :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:09 am 
Regular

I pretty much a part of every single major engine created...ES, MS, Eclsipe, Phoinex, PW.org and a former member of PW forums (now dead) X-releams (moved...haven't be bothered to join, and a few other engines, like vbORPGE....

But, back on topic. If you could help me, that would be cool. Otherwise, I'm moving to the new source as soon as possible. I am gonna use MSE 1, a it does seem the stablest version out of them all...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:53 am 
Pro

MSE Build 1 is the most stable of current engines... although i cannot speak for vbGore, but it is not MS based.

My suggestion is, like everyone else's, MSE Build 1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:56 am 
Regular

Well...a lot of the errors on Elysium are quick fixes by just using On Error Resume Next. Sloppy way to fix it, I know, but it works, doesn't cause any errors with anything (at least it hasn't with me) and gets rid of the runtime errors ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:04 pm 
Knowledgeable

Jobs wrote:
Well...a lot of the errors on Elysium are quick fixes by just using On Error Resume Next. Sloppy way to fix it, I know, but it works, doesn't cause any errors with anything (at least it hasn't with me) and gets rid of the runtime errors ;)

Actually, this is exactly why finding errors in Elysium is so hard sometimes. When I was working on Bradyok's game, removing every On Error Resume Next and adding Option Explicit made finding errors so much easier. Without those two, you will still get errors, they just will pop up at random times and cause more damage. Just fix the damn thing. :wink:

Tayuke wrote:
and a few other engines, like vbORPGE....

Well... at least you got all the right letters in there (plus an extra one). :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:20 pm 
Community Leader

Spodi wrote:
Tayuke wrote:
and a few other engines, like vbORPGE....

Well... at least you got all the right letters in there (plus an extra one). :wink:

hehe.. vbGORE :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:41 pm 

Is he talking about vbGore or another engine, i've used vbGore, its pritty cool. Nice engine to make a game from directly, lots of good features in it and seems pritty stable. But yes Tayuke you added me on msn but you dont answer, so I presume your away but when you answer i'll assist you in any way possible :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:43 pm 
Community Leader

ManiacSteve wrote:
Is he talking about vbGore or another engine, i've used vbGore, its pritty cool. Nice engine to make a game from directly, lots of good features in it and seems pritty stable. But yes Tayuke you added me on msn but you dont answer, so I presume your away but when you answer i'll assist you in any way possible :)

It's a source code.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:29 pm 

yeah i know lol. Just i mean it doesnt atchully need changing as its packed with stuff already :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:34 pm 
Submit-Happy

ManiacSteve wrote:
yeah i know lol. Just i mean it doesnt atchully need changing as its packed with stuff already :)

Good job it doesn't need changing, hey?

The staff here are fine, but if you stay here Tayuke, I swear I am going to go mental.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:38 pm 
Regular

Thanks Guys. I'll try and get rid of the RTE's from D-bugged...otherwsie, its time to try MS...

Tay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:18 pm 

Duck and cover, Kite's about to expload with mentality!!!!!

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:23 pm 
Submit-Happy

And so comes forth the un-avoidable, yet completely disturbing, and disgusting, immaturity of Elysium.

Rest In Pieces Mirage Source.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:45 pm 
Regular

Kite wrote:
ManiacSteve wrote:

The staff here are fine, but if you stay here Tayuke, I swear I am going to go mental.

and just when I thought I found a home....here we go again. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:46 pm 
Submit-Happy

When has anyone expressed the fact that they wanted you here? Ever?

::Pando

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:02 pm 
Regular

Tayuke wrote:
Kite wrote:
ManiacSteve wrote:

and just when I thought I found a home....here we go again. :(

Your are....

Tayuke

Annoying and Homeless

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:42 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffuserhttp://semiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchuckинфоtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:10 am 
Mirage Source Lover

TCCI

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:12 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 826 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next