Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 711 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:49 am 
Knowledgeable

with are own retrevial names and basic properties to experiment with what woudl run faster ares or microsofts?

if it is possible tell me how.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:52 am 
Pro

what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:56 am 
Knowledgeable

eh...

Is he talking about data types, objects, controls or what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:58 am 
Knowledgeable

all of them sorry i didnt put down the spicific things lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:00 am 
Submit-Happy

Usercontrol..?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:13 am 
Banned

He means:

Why cant he develope his own language within visual basic?

The answer is, you probably could.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:18 am 
Pro

its been done

numerous times, Linely being one of the best i think

and yes, strangely, it ran faster then VB did.

dont ask me how it runs faster then what made it lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:18 am 
Pro

ran faster? Like compiled more quickly? Used less memory? That's pretty awesome considering it was faster than what it was written with (like you said)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:11 am 
Knowledgeable

It doesn't magically run faster unless it is compiled different. VB is looked upon as slower because it can have quite a bit of overhead to certain routines, and with all the noob VB code out there, crappy VB code is basically a standard.

You can easily make a programming language faster then VB, but I doubt you could make one better without years of work. VB does a great job managing tons of stuff behind the scenes so you don't have to worry about it and can work on the actual content. With proper programming practices, though, making an ORPG run fast enough is hardly a concern. When it comes down to the nitty gritty, its all about how well you program, not what language you use. A custom language, or C++, or whatever you want that is faster, is hardly going to make a difference in the end, unless you're making some kind of code-heavy algorithms. But for games, 3rd party libraries (DirectX, OpenGL, Winsock, etc) handle the most intensive routines (physics, networking, rendering, input, sound, etc).

Plus, VB's IDE has one hell of an error handler and debugger. That thing is priceless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:19 am 
Knowledgeable

for the debugger and error cheaker i shure do have alot of problems with it. lol last problem i had is it would hihlight the error no matter what i did its set up to highlight in yellow but it didnt work so i changed it to red it didnt work i tried makign an error it would highlight it didnt work so yai its pretty much usless to me i hope they fix it till then stupid thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:32 am 
Knowledgeable

For one, they don't develop VB6 anymore - they have .NET. VB6 is an abandoned language. Secondly, I have no idea what you are doing - it is probably just a lack of knowledge with VB since it works fine for me. Theres a few flaws with references, but nothing that makes it not work. The only "high-lighting" flaw I know of is sometimes when theres a problem with a reference, it can reference a piece of code where the reference fails on some VB function like Split() or Left() when it is completely unrelated to that problem, but its not like it can go into the reference file and show you were it failed in that. Overall, its still considered one of the better IDEs around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:43 pm 
Pro

Spodi I never said it magically worked. I was just stating I never looked over the code enough to securely be able to tell you why.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:53 pm 
Knowledgeable

I wasn't referring to you, grimsk8ter, as much as I was to the whole idea of the topic from lordgivemick. I could easily be wrong, but the impression I got from his first post was one very commonly seen by beginner programmers using VB - that if you write the same thing in a different language, it'll be better and faster. At least thats what I tried to say - sorry for coming off wrong, Grim! :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:30 am 
Regular

I remember finding a C++ compiler written in VB and it had source with it so the answer is yes... you can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:19 am 
Pro

Spodi wrote:
I wasn't referring to you, grimsk8ter, as much as I was to the whole idea of the topic from lordgivemick. I could easily be wrong, but the impression I got from his first post was one very commonly seen by beginner programmers using VB - that if you write the same thing in a different language, it'll be better and faster. At least thats what I tried to say - sorry for coming off wrong, Grim! :oops:

haha no problem, i was just clarifying :wink:

TheRealDamien wrote:
I remember finding a C++ compiler written in VB and it had source with it so the answer is yes... you can.

Thats just a stupid idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:37 am 
Knowledgeable

I have to say, that is pretty dumb. You can compile anything I believe in VB as long as you set it up write, like ASM. Any language can - as long as the language supports the needed code operations (what exactly, I have no idea, never delt with the code of compilers before). The only thing that would make it worth it, though, is if you designed it for in-line code of other languages. For example, some people have made add-ins for VB to support in-line ASM and C++ (ThunderVB I believe it is).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:58 am 
Regular

I know its a stupid idea just I am just saying thats what I found. I tried compileing something and well uh... it went well with no bugs but I gotta say it lacked the speed of C++ :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:47 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: Darunada@gmail.com
Just because one example was slower than C++ doesn't mean the entire language is. You probably coded it poorly.

I am a professional software developer in Salt Lake City, UT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:47 am 
Regular

Nah the compiler was just generally shit.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:20 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.ruсайтsemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoningtechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.ruhttp://temperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:14 am 
Mirage Source Lover

VIII

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:15 am 
Mirage Source Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:16 am 
Mirage Source Lover

PERF

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:17 am 
Mirage Source Lover

PERF

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:18 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Juli

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 711 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next