Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:24 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 705 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Computer won't boot
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:29 am 
Okay, the other day, the damn cat spilled water on my case, a little got inside, not much, but a little, a few drops hit the soundcard, a few hit the video card, I think a few might have hit the motherboard (splashes), anyways, I wiped it all up, not but a few seconds afterwards, and I dried everything off, the computer worked fine for about an hour afterwards, then rebooted and wouldn't boot to bios or anything, when it did, it locked up loading windows, or sometimes, detecting drives (hard drives, dvd/cd drives, etc.). I let it sit over night, and this morning it worked, for only about another hour, then the same thing happened, now, I can't get it to even come close to booting bios or anything, it gets power, and my brother's computer seems to see it on the network, because when my computer is off, it says a cable is unplugged, but when I boot it up, about 5 minutes after it runs, the main computer sees it and what not. I havn't tried to access it while it's running after the main PC detects it, but I think it's running, just no video. There are no beeps or anything, so I have no idea how to trouble shoot it.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:17 am 
Sorry for double post.

I just checked to see if it was actually loading up into windows, but it's not, since the main pc can't see it on the network. I don't know what to do anymore, I also tried a different proc, tried one ram stick at a time, took everything but the ram, vid card, and proc out and tried it, nothing.

Grr, this is seriously making me mad.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:21 am 
Pro

Google Talk: blackagesbr@gmail.com
Probly you use an offboard VideoCard. Try to get your brothers VideoCard and plug on your pc and see if it works,btw, if he can see you on the net, you probly would be able to heard windows sound, when it logs in... And can he access the files?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:25 am 
Tried a different video card, nothing.

He can't see me on the network, no net or anything, he can't access the files. This just doesn't make any sense to me, it works for a bit, then it dies. I'm sure it will work in the morning again, with no problems, for about an hour or so.

I've checked everything I can think of, cleaned every spot and speck of dust off of everything in my pc, hoping that would help, but it doesn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:18 am 
Pro

Google Talk: anthony.fleck@gmail.com
Ok, I just skimmed through your problem, but it sounds like something that happened to me before, first I am just wondering if your system will even POST.. Like, does it just power up and the monitor will stay black and nothing happens forever?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:37 am 
Exactly what happens. Nothing, forever. It powers up fine, fans spin, you can open/close the cd/dvd drives, you can hear the hdd spinning and what not.

Any idea how to fix this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:19 pm 
Regular

Actually, my computer was doing this a couple of months ago. Exact same problem minus the water spillage. Mine was a few weeks before, my power supply overheated so I replaced it temporarily with an older one in one of my older computers. It seems this older one didn't put out enough voltage. So I went and bought a new one, and it worked normally again.

So, I'm not going to say this is definately the problem in your case, but if you have a spare power supply laying around, try it in your computer and see if it works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:50 pm 
Vegeta suggested the same thing, I changed it, it posts, sometimes boots, like now, but it will lock up and won't post again for awhile. I dunno what to do. Maybe it has nothing to do with the water, maybe I have a virus that attacked my bios? Possible?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:07 am 
It was a virus/spyware/adware combination, I booted in safe mode, and got rid of it all. Yay! Computer works fine. Been up and running for about 4 hours now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:42 pm 
Pro

how'd you get it to boot into safe mode if it wouldn't even bring bios up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:40 pm 
Occasionally it would post, not often, but here and there. It would stay booted for a bit, then lock up and wouldn't post for a few hours, I just booted into safe mode when it loaded and what not, and ran all my programs to get rid of all that nonsense.

Post subject: Re: Computer won't boot
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:25 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffuserhttp://semiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchuckинфоtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:54 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Rich

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:55 am 
Mirage Source Lover

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:56 am 
Mirage Source Lover

PERF

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:57 am 
Mirage Source Lover

PERF

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:59 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Micr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:00 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Etto

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:01 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Chri

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:02 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Prit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:03 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Sanj

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:04 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Wint

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:05 am 
Mirage Source Lover

West

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:06 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Cant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:08 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Zyli

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 705 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next