Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:32 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Declare Binary DataType
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:00 pm 
Regular

I have a few of questions

1. Can you declare a Binary DataType?

2. Why is boolean bigger than byte?

3. whats the smallest data type?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:08 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: Darunada@gmail.com
Boolean is a binary datatype.

The reason boolean is bigger than byte is because True = -1. One byte to make it negative, one byte to store the 1. Stupid, I know.

I posted a tutorial for Bitfields. This effectivly lets you store 8 boolean values in a byte. Search it.

I am a professional software developer in Salt Lake City, UT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:38 pm 
Regular

kwl thx!

also can u save memory and packet lag by changing sep_char and end_char to s_c and e_c?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:40 pm 
Regular

or using a symbol like !@ and !#

sry for double post...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:45 pm 
Pro

SEP_CHAR and END_CHAR just represent different ASCII characters that would never be used normally. Basically as soon as the server sees them, it knows to either divide them up, or that it has found the very end of them. If you want to save memory and bandwidth, look at Byte Array packets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:46 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: Darunada@gmail.com
Sorry, Sep_Char and End_char are just names for a non-ascii character (a single character)

You can't really make it smaller.

I am a professional software developer in Salt Lake City, UT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:11 am 
Knowledgeable

Obsidian wrote:
If you want to save memory and bandwidth, look at Byte Array packets.

I wouldn't recommend this unless you know Visual Basic well, and with the questions you made, I doubt you do. It takes a hell of a lot of time, and you have to be ready for some huge, complicated bug tracking. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:25 am 
Regular

no probs no need to underestimate me... just wait till i bring out my game. :)

Its not that i dont no vb well i just dont no Mirage source well

and to me Boolean is not a binary datatype because its so big and fundamentally the computer isnt based on booleans.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:28 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.ruсайтsemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoningtechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.ruhttp://temperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:11 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Faus298.8CHAPCHAPRemiNichMattBentBonuXVIISpecTescClivTefaTescTescTescTescTescDuPoZoneDeniMAST
RoseRoseTescFritMicrStefTwisVIIIHeavErbaIntrBridStopPhilOreaCaroDoveLeviAmraPatrTescPaleTint
HansSympLiveCaprVoguVictPhilSelaClauManmXVIISelaMoreAMIESelaEnduStevwwwnSelaPaliKuniTrasPush
PixaJuliElegTraiCircElegAbraSeikYorkCircZoneSwarSelaJackNeveFuxiZoneTokyGreeGeneOsirZoneXVII
XVIIZoneNichZonePaulZonediamZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneXVIIdiamZoneZoneZoneAnasZoneZone
ZoneHanoPontCCTVSultBoscCataSiemGretCASEDonaFirsXVIIImagGiglDumpOlmeExraAUTOHONDBettHistWorl
SoloGrouTrefLeboRaviSoleTranForeWindMistZanzSingAquaWinxSimbFarhFestdreaFligToshStanAudiXVII
ZAKAUndeXVIICharAmphRomaNaszXVIISamuStefHubeViceSimoEighTherStilDiscTonyJoseMassBakeJacqWorl
DisnPhilHansMandGartMetaXVIIXVIIMartWarrLarsRobeWhatFranLaurDocuDiamHeavFranLouiMandCCTVCCTV
CCTVTopsHansTakkEverDancBuddCodeEdinXVIIHereMichFredtuchkasThisMeli

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:51 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоmagnetotelluricfield.ruинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 9:39 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

kbps

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 9:40 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 9:41 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Repr

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 9:42 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Norm

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 9:43 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Davi

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 9:44 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Wind

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 9:45 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Dami

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 9:47 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Spid

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 9:48 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Robe

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 9:49 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Fisk

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 9:50 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Jose

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 9:51 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Geis

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 9:52 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Akut

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 9:53 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Marg

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next