Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 12:42 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:55 am 
Regular

As I've already said, I'm taking a (crash) course in VB.net at school, for Computer Studies. The assignment is to make a game using VB.net code, but seeing as its not due til November, and I could program the engine both at home and school, is it worth it. Should I attempt to make a really basic engine, for my assignment, and then even use that as a base for my own engine for my online game, UW?

While I'm on the subject, why is VB.net so...errr, not much used here. we all seem to be good with VB6. I know thsi has probaly been discussed before, but can someone fill me in please?

-Tay

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:06 am 
Persistant Poster

Idiot, cause MS is coded in vb6. Why don't you try finding a game source community about vb.net?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:23 am 
Regular

Kuja wrote:
Idiot, cause MS is coded in vb6. Why don't you try finding a game source community about vb.net?

Besides that stinking fact.....or is that the only reason why it hasn't been converted over? MS was build off VB6, and no-one has been bothered to convert it over....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:25 am 
Pro

Google Talk: Rezeyu@Gmail.com
Well personally, I prefer Vb6 to VB.net.

Also .net is insecure, and is relatively open source no matter what.

Which makes the game not secure, if anyone can simply look inside at how you developed it, they can figure out how to break it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:15 pm 
Persistant Poster

Tayuke wrote:
Kuja wrote:

Besides that stinking fact.....or is that the only reason why it hasn't been converted over? MS was build off VB6, and no-one has been bothered to convert it over....

Why the fack would we convert it to that while vb.net executables are already able to fully decompile while vb6 semi? If you want a vb.net game source go the f* else where.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:08 pm 
Submit-Happy

If we're gonna convert the engine, we might as well convert it to a language which is more useful and would help the engine become better.

vb6 may be outdated, but it is still the language with the most amount of source and lines of code on the internet.

Can you give us a list of advantages for converting to .net?

Jacob:
the 4 people that know how are lazy
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:02 pm 

Most people would just say cause it is free. I did not no about the open source stuff. Man that sucks. There is no way of making it a exe and not readable. I really wanted to learn C# but i guess i could use another compiler... Python, which i do not know much about. But it would be good for a different language. Or C++. Not Java, Java sucks ass. Thanks to Runescape for running that. There are loads of languages. What i would choose is something that is good, fast. And pretty basic to use.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:29 pm 
Regular

Robin wrote:
If we're gonna convert the engine, we might as well convert it to a language which is more useful and would help the engine become better.

vb6 may be outdated, but it is still the language with the most amount of source and lines of code on the internet.

Can you give us a list of advantages for converting to .net?

Nay, I'm asking your guy's if I should try and make a VB.net engine, or not waste my time....after what's been said, I do agree with you in some aspect's: When I try and find info for VB.net, there serioulsy isn't anything half decent to learn from....

Kuja wrote:
Tayuke wrote:
Kuja wrote:

Why the fack would we convert it to that while vb.net executables are already able to fully decompile while vb6 semi? If you want a vb.net game source go the f* else where.

I'M ASKING you if its a good idea....from what you'll all saying its not, and so I'll most likly stink with VB6, and do something else for my school game project....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:31 pm 
Regular

As a Computer Science major and having programmed in many languages, I honestly see nothing wrong with .Net applications. As a matter of fact a lot of business are hiring programmers who have experience in .Net programming these days. I cant imagine Microsoft releasing a product that is worse in quality than a previously released product.

When it comes to preventing people from reading your source code there is something called obfuscation. Check out this article.

I don't know, to me VB6 is ancient (probably why there is so much source code out there). Although its easy, VB6 code just looks messy compared to other languages :P...to each their own.

If you are using DirectX in your .Net application I think you have to use Direct3D, DirectDraw is not supported.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:29 am 
Persistant Poster

If i find the source for star mish (its in vb.net) my game project (its a clone of R-type and took me AGES) i'll just send you the source for that, easy distinction.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:23 am 
Regular

bhenhur wrote:
As a Computer Science major and having programmed in many languages, I honestly see nothing wrong with .Net applications. As a matter of fact a lot of business are hiring programmers who have experience in .Net programming these days. I cant imagine Microsoft releasing a product that is worse in quality than a previously released product.
Quote:

Heh…I don’t wanna try anything too advance just yet, but I’m also looking into the future too…sooner or latter, as much as we will hate it, VB6 will die, and .Net will take over….and I don’t think I’ll stop with my game, UW or a new one…

Fox wrote:
If i find the source for star mish (its in vb.net) my game project (its a clone of R-type and took me AGES) i'll just send you the source for that, easy distinction.

Thanks Fox :) maybe I can use that as a reference, or just build off that ;) I'll se when I see the code.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:10 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоsemiasphalticflux.ruинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфосайтинфоинфоинфоtemperateclimateинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:48 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Dayg490.1BettBettScotPresHellAvveYorkDigiPaulRobeMikeThisDomiEvanWithNichFranXIIILarrStonEdwa
AnyoSylvHerbJoshBretDailSaraLostBlacBrigSchuBellWillBoseDaniCourRobeGaiuEricTescTescXVIIRich
CleaPercshirJackIchiGermHenkArthElegWorlSelaELEGSubhTimoClasHercTracCarlTetsDeseMemoCotoCoto
JohnFunkSelaAlmoBlacSilvSelaIntrQuikMozaZoneSeikSelaZoneAnytSmooWhatKJFGBaubAlcoTraiZoneLind
ZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneChetZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZone
ZoneHandOscaMPEGwhitRagoMabeHotpAgneMercFalcAlexPolaElitCareLisaMistPierHEYNToyoJeweISBNJazz
PersSurpWinxXVIIScraWindTrefwwwnwwwnMistBricTefaRoweFranChowWindthisAbigDeepJeweDizzSpecMicr
KeepStarXVIIXVIIStefAdmiScouHonoJasmMartGaliDancKeviOrbiOtarPyotRobeWordBlueMattspacJoelKath
NichJohnGeorLangQueeTrusDeepBostGambwwwcGoldTraiOvidDavisuccTessfranDaleAutoMessJonaMPEGMPEG
MPEGWakeParaBraiThisWilhStyxWillXVIIJohnPennStevFrontuchkasFupzStra

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:14 am 
Mirage Source Lover

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтmagnetotelluricfieldсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 4:02 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

kbps250.1CHAPTESTIntrJuliAlexCallMullManmmitaOrieMargBlueRondXVIIBianLonaCatsGardZoneDigiDISC
AtlaAnimtechAtlaPayoPayoStarTaleACCEGarnRemiVaniBlueGarnBeneKiwiNordCalvAloeXVIITescPantVide
XVIICarlTempAlivYannWindViewSoulSusaJackXVIIXVIIWindMacbRoxyBergSelaThisPSYEAdioBreeHansOmsa
KlauTameToscPhilRobeKrupPriyMiyoElegAdveGHOSZoneXXXIWestJulidiamZoneXVIINasoHappELEGZoneRHIN
XVIIZoneScotFantBertMelvZoneZoneZoneZoneAnnaZoneZoneXVIIZoneClivZoneZoneVIIIAlanMasaZonediam
ZoneStarGallFLACXVIISmarArdoSonyANTIHarlCreaChakGrouChicRenzCANAJardSTARMAZDRENARobepublJazz
GOBIEditEducUnioHautSylvMOXIWindPaulJeweGiotTefaViteCafeChowconsRobeBulkAmoramesWeinAgatFran
ViewJameMarkJaroHenrLambThisJohaLadyAntoLeonCapiAdobWhatThemSimoSNEDComePhilesseNelsDaveRich
WindPetePhilJennLibeJessWindShirInstEDUCEstrXVIIerreRomaImogProsPaulRowlMetaStepJensFLACFLAC
FLACsaloNevefolkFerrKillRockChryMikeThomHansWordYorktuchkasWordOver

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:25 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Star1196PERFBettColiRelaNeveConnAlisAlanDisnPianBradMoreTamaDirtMadiFridInclGeraBernMichArth
MuccArtuDaveJascEnigSusaDefoJeweTimoDeepFonkDustStanWeekStorGuilVisaThomTeamSebaSantWillXVII
AccaClivAndrAnniAudrHyjaArchRobeElegthesEnjoSpliSideSelaLloyArmaJoanXVIIROMATimoRosaWillMela
ShirCotoFiscAlerFallSelaELEGBarbElegElegNeruPablVashTestZoneUsquKnocSakuOswaJoseDownXVIIWorl
ZoneRaymMistAlanZoneZoneOlofZoneZoneLadiZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneMCRGZoneZoneMarcZoneZone
ZoneWFPMMichPhilEazyLHacBoscElecSunsBernMIDIBookDARESwarTropPoweDalvdefiDODGPEUGDOLLHandFree
DaatFratPostcasuHellSylvBabyWindwwwnDorlHumaDremSiemPumaWhisCartSidnMichFantHearspriLighPaul
KareEnhaBornHerbXVIIJohnPratOZONExceMarkJeffXVIIPictEnhawwwpVytaPennWaveFredRajnSilvSeanSven
DeltSusaOrphGillTracSpacJustHortJeweGilbFronCrafOZONAntoMichLuciWindEnjoGeneSpotMySQPhilPhil
PhilTeslmostStelJackJeweTurbJonaHONKLiveIndeMarrXVIItuchkasDisnDays

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:41 am 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:58 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Hewl447.5BettBettCediSnooGuesTherYorkHeavNinaSushGuntThouWithTesclassSamuRosePierClauCBaiBanc
SympJohnIslaPleaPierAccaHaroCoulLuthXVIIMargBastXVIIAndrXVIIElliRudyTheoMartMetaPensSounArth
SamaPatrDoesJeweFritCotoJungErleELEGFranMODOElegXVIIPeteElegSmugELEGCartChaiNevePushRomaOmsa
CaprSieLWeniGirlKoshFELINerrEugeClinPaliZoneRondCircMariChicKesePierWaltStevThemScriZoneJean
ZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZonediamZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZone
ZoneEcceMiloEpluKronEliyTekaFirsCataLaurWindAbelNeriPolaRuthMBXLNelsStanSTARAUTOHeldAmerFunk
CleaValiEasyCommGracWindTrefWindwwwnWindTubusupeBoschappRoyaMMORHenrMicrLaurKingMoreNeedDocu
QuadLiviEuweinduJameXVIIHerbSporRisiFMCGGiovEchoHitaPrimMoinFactfateBellAndrPuccRogeMullJona
BellToveDecoOCLCConcinteAddrtherGranFormAnneFranReadBillFyodWindHanaFrieImagArleSLOVEpluEplu
EpluAgenMontThomLateElliPockTimoNeilRebeMichFirsXVIItuchkasOZONBelo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:48 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо