Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:26 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Question about attacking
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:32 pm 
Pro

Where is the code where it finds out if the player is beside the NPC so he is able to attack. Im adding something where you click a NPC and it brings up a form, but where I had it I could click anywhere it would bring up the form.

So wheres this code so I can place it in there and it will only bring up the Form when I click the NPC and im right beside him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:45 pm 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: rs.ruggles@gmail.com
Search the server side code for this:

Your target is now

and that should find you the right stuff. You'll then need to send a packet to the client to bring the form up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:46 pm 
Knowledgeable

its in playersearch i think..the packet s:

"search" (server side) thats where a player or npc is been targetted, so you need to add:

if getplayerx(index) = MapNpc(Player bla bla target code thingy).x - 1 or
getplayerx(index) = MapNpc(Player bla bla target code thingy).x +1 and
getplayery(index) = MapNpc(Player bla bla target code thingy)y. -1 or
getplayery(index) = MapNpc(Player bla bla target code thingy)y. +1 then

your code

thats just out of my midn..i am really tiered right now, if you cant find it or need some help just post it here

bye

Last edited by Gilgamesch on Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:33 am 
Pro

Thanks guys I will look into it. I was looking client side think that was my problem.

I found it... I was just ysing....

Code:
frmBattle.Visible = True

but sine that forms on the client not server it wont compile. I added it to the packet so it would send that to client to do when it targets...

So is there another way to do this or what am I doing wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:27 am 
I'm not sure what you're trying to do. I assume, you are sending a packet to the server to start a battle, and when the server recieves that packet, trying to open the form client side, by calling the function server side?

If so, just send a packet back to the client, and send a variable with a value, and do an if check or something, that if the parse = 1 then frmbattle.visible = true

If that's what you're trying to do, I don't really understand your posts all that much, sorry if I'm wrong. ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:26 pm 
Pro

well I added a code where you right click a npc and you attack it. I want it where when you click the npc that you open up a form.

I had it working but it would open the form when I click anywhere thats why I wanted to know about just when I click npc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:06 pm 
Regular

Do it all client side.. but only open the form if there is an NPC on that tile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:06 am 
Pro

Yeah I was trying to find where it targets the npc and I was lead to the server side. Which I did find it but when I put that in it said the form wasnt there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:00 am 
Pro

What did I do wrong here I think it shold work but when I click NPC it targets thembut doesnt open the Form... heres code.

Server:
Code:
        ' Check for an npc
        For i = 1 To MAX_MAP_NPCS
            If MapNpc(GetPlayerMap(Index), i).Num > 0 Then
                If MapNpc(GetPlayerMap(Index), i).x = x And MapNpc(GetPlayerMap(Index), i).y = y Then
                    ' Change target
                    Player(Index).Target = i
                    Player(Index).TargetType = TARGET_TYPE_NPC
                    BattleOpen = 1
                    Call PlayerMsg(Index, "Your target is now a " & Trim(Npc(MapNpc(GetPlayerMap(Index), i).Num).Name) & ".", Yellow)
                Else
                BattleOpen = 0
                    Exit Sub

End If
            End If
        Next i

Exit Sub
    End If

CLIENT SIDE:
Code:
    ' Open Battle Form
        If BattleOpen = 1 Then
        frmBattle.Visible = True
        Else
        frmBattle.Visible = False
        End If

Also I have on each...

Code:
Dim BattleOpen As Long

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:23 am 
Knowledgeable

I think grim wrote a really good tutorial for clicking, and i think theres also a good tutorial on npc name on hover.. Have you tried looking at those?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:33 pm 
Server -

Code:
        ' Check for an npc
        For i = 1 To MAX_MAP_NPCS
        dim packet as string ' Might already be defined, don't know, if so, delete this
            If MapNpc(GetPlayerMap(Index), i).Num > 0 Then
                If MapNpc(GetPlayerMap(Index), i).x = x And MapNpc(GetPlayerMap(Index), i).y = y Then
                    ' Change target
                    Player(Index).Target = i
                    Player(Index).TargetType = TARGET_TYPE_NPC
                    BattleOpen = 1
                    Call PlayerMsg(Index, "Your target is now a " & Trim(Npc(MapNpc(GetPlayerMap(Index), i).Num).Name) & ".", Yellow)
                Else
                BattleOpen = 0
                packet = "Battle" & Sep_Char & BattleOpen & Sep_Char & End_Char
                Call SendData(Index, packet)
                    Exit Sub

End If
            End If
        Next i

Exit Sub
    End If

Client -

Code:
If LCase(Parse(0)) = "battle" Then
        ' Open Battle Form
        BattleOpen = Val(Parse(1))
        If BattleOpen = 1 Then
        frmBattle.Visible = True
        Else
        frmBattle.Visible = False
        End If

That should work, if not, it's not something hard to fix. Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:46 pm 
Pro

Thanks I will work at it

All good so far except...

Code:
If LCase(Parse(0)) = "battle" Then

When trying to compile Client highlights Parse there and says Argument not optional.

Also on client I changed SendData to SendDataTo

I will keep looking into it but if you know whats wrong before I find it please post. Thanks for all the help so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:55 pm 
Put that in handle data, I believe, where all the other packets are. It should work then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:43 pm 
Pro

oh my bad I put it in the gameloop thought it would have to go there guess im wrong

EDIT:

well I still had to fix some more stuff but I got it working. Thanks for all the help. If anyone wants the working code for some reason let me know and I will post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:01 pm 
Well, a packet was added, therefore, handle data would be the choice place.

Congrats on getting it to work. ^_^

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:56 am 
Mirage Source Lover

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоsemiasphalticflux.ruинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфосайтинфоинфоинфоtemperateclimateинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:03 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Econ146.8BatePERFProsBeinTombXIIIWillCentFripKonrPaulDancSmelPlotLouiBridDolbStelWaltKathAlan
LuisFridTracJeweExotYaliPaulDancBreaReacVersXVIIConcMichHermComeMemoXIIIFlemABBYDECTJohnWell
DoveOZONBertJeweAdvaOverXVIIArmaCircClicCircLowlMaurCharMariAnthMaurJohnVojtJohnSothGoodJoli
LeigArththesSpliImreMacbClicKarlAnnaMaryDonaSusaELEGErinZoneXVIIParkSailJewewwwhExodRaymVide
ZoneBriaVoluBlinZoneZoneBeteMagaZoneGravZoneZoneZoneZoneMORGHarrStanChetZoneChriZoneZoneZone
ZoneWindBronSennStudCoreArdoNodoINTEPitoWoodBookSQuiMichParaPolaWoodMicrCadiOPELNuesKeyhBlue
MEREValiAeroPeppWorlBussMayaSCORStepwwwmLoonProWSiemBvlgWhisPockStooFantAirpBlueInchCaroRobe
ClaiBackStevJuleXVIIAufbGeorEmilFREAHerbDolbPanzMikhSaveBelaJohnKennWiimJawsAftePopoEdmuWind
SincMetaKariJackFootDariVideBrutConsKeinHansPhilLiteBusiDisnAgatWinxSantMontOnkeristSennSenn
SennGalaHaroCorpIntePaulYousStepMariBillBeatChamErnstuchkasHareTriu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:03 am 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.ruсайтmailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:51 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Loui374.4MONTCHAPSuzaElipRaviEnchRockhymnLarrXVIIJumpRichPaulTescTescDualMoreRobeSailRuthHenr
TescJodyRobeIrenCartHereAlfrWalsAllaabinJustSpecRichDomoGilbAquaHeinPatrJackTescMetaNiveAubr
LineSieLPushOmsaForeCotoLineAlagInteJohnELEGModoPhilFallMatiElegTrueValeSchoWindVictSieLFunk
INSTPushGUESSelaMariELEGSelaNasoSpliVentZoneMiyothesAlfrXIIIJoseRogeVoguHaruLoveholdZoneScar
ZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneChetZoneZoneLAPI
ZoneFineMYNGHandElecShagNardGoreHomeMagiWindNormFiesDistMistRuyaXVIIPierSTARMAZDUrbaOxycBlue
ValiEspeDaviJessBlanWarhTianOberWindWindWinxPhilRoweClorGourSequHeinLoveTigeLouiLuxuLastChil
AmerFerdRobeXVIILibrJuliHenrXVIIAcadVittDolcAlexDigiFighAlcaFunnGeorFranTobeSundJeanKokohard
RaymJohnXVIIBusiTrefAkanExclSabaMcKiNigeAnimAssaSupePaulMarkBetsSimpErinFranJennViolHandHand
HandUnanGirlCoveElizWhenMercGIACProdCounNazimanyRidituchkasBossSaty

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:10 am 
Mirage Source Lover

John175.6XVIIliveLouiQuelMichPaulGeorRyanXVIISonaCompoveuErnsCOUPTracAirwKickRajnBechContPrep
WearXVIIFaitWindGWViCharXVIIArthXVIIDoctDaphCalyFantTeanGiveSympJeweMargOZONJuliMollSandMary
IntrZoneMargLisaPeteXVIIMornCircFranXVIIedalDownMornChetXVIIAnneVictJameWhitXIIIMemeFranCafe
GoldEdnaChriAlamTricTroyDarrWindBaltFallBegiBaldVirgZoneRumiLeavGoodAdamBillGeorMissPaulJoha
MystZoneMultEverHumaZoneLionBlooJameNokiZoneZoneWillZoneZoneRockMariMickZoneBraiGooNGrosAlex
StefGibsFragmicrTradUleaSELEElecjavaFirsAmazJardNeriDonaBeflMistWoodBeflAramPROTMoscAtlaVoca
NighKingThisMitcKidsTwinHarlWindNeyaDigiBoomHyunValeCityRoyaXenoCASEEdwiXIIIPresthisTalcWint
JeanJameEmanLionFrieLongprosIverPirmHeinPiroBriaXVIILeonOlegHanoYouractiCurrMustBigaMattFant
InisEasyClaxXVIIRobeIntrSimswwwrDataAsheStevXVIIWindMichLuciSympFergInteMontMicrmoremicrmicr
micrStanHansImagCarmClayAudiFollJuliVIIIDannDianLindtuchkasAnthLynn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:58 am 
Mirage Source Lover

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:19 am 
Mirage Source Lover

XXVI103PERFBettStarXVIIMoonHighJuliQuenSanoSoleLongUndeStudJeweGeorAndrLainJoseAngeHaroJack
JeweIainKhenHarvDaviRobeEdgaXVIIAlisDeepShakRadaRichGongIvanHonoAlexToddPatrWahlLuciPedrAcca
AccaMelaJungJoseJosehiddPennFredCircBlinLakaDaviNameELEGSpliWillRudoBenjVidePersFranVIIIXVII
AlexCotoTraiArisOsirSelaSelavoluPaliElegPierXIIIRobaMagiZoneburtSleeBlacJeweDonnSonyXVIIFive
ZoneXVIIOrigichiZoneZoneAlexZoneZoneXVIIZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneSunsZoneHapp
ZoneXVIIcentKOSSBrotMicrSamsCandSteamostCodeBookSoftPonnCarrComeFlipProfCHERNISSLatvLovejazz
CleaFratCreaPoweRobeFloyAuthWindMotoXVIIqLumDeLoPhilLoveWhisWindAnimAdvaElemThesMystRobeCarl
NancWillXIIIXIIIAufbRomaXVIIKareGeorFunkChriOZONBoogPerlLatiMichLeniDaewDaviKrafNicewwwnTony
DawnGAAPeditThisPrimConnUndeOperwwwsAcadUriaJonaKammVitaStanHopewwwaSPECJustGoodPhotKOSSKOSS
KOSSAssaDocuSusaMargwwwiCharMusiSympDolbJohnVIIIVIIItuchkasStudBlin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:19 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting