Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Map editor problems
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:45 am 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: hpmccloud@gmail.com
I put in a new tile sheet that's 512 pixels wide...I moved the map editor to a new window and made it wider to hold my new tile sheet. Well when I try to place a tile on the map, it doesn't place the right one. I know it has something to do with:

Code:
                    If frmMapeditor.optGround.Value = True Then .Ground = EditorTileY * 16 + EditorTileX
                    If frmMapeditor.optMask.Value = True Then .Mask = EditorTileY * 16 + EditorTileX
                    If frmMapeditor.optAnim.Value = True Then .Anim = EditorTileY * 16 + EditorTileX
                    If frmMapeditor.optFringe.Value = True Then .Fringe = EditorTileY * 16 + EditorTileX

The * 16...I have tried 7 (original), 14 (on Elysium), 32 (16 times 2), and other random stuff...but none work. Using 16 gets it close to selecting if you select in the left side of the tile sheet (about 4 tiles off), but when you get into the right half it selects off worse.

Any help?

Post subject: Re: Map editor problems
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:40 am 
Regular

have you counted how many tiles wide it is?
and tried using that number - 1
i think that is how it works since the first one is at 0 not 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:22 am 
Persistant Poster

Well 512 / 32 = 16...and I didn't know that it counted from 0, so I'll try 15. Thanks Dr. Spoon :)

Alright...I've got it set to 15...the first row in the left half side of the first 8 tiles (which is normal width for tile sheets) gets chosen normally, then I pick the first one in the second row and it places down the tile that's in the third row and to the right two. If I pick a tile in the top row and all the way to the right it places down the tile that's in the third row and to the right twice (like if I pick the first tile in the second row).

Here's some testing I've done:

( Layout of the tiles goes from 1 - 16 in the first row, 17 - 32 in the second row, and so on)
1 - 1
2 - 2
3 - 3
4 - 4
5 - 5
6 - 6
7 - 7
8 - 17
9 - 18
10 - 19
11 - 20

So it just ignores the right side when you hit the 8th tile (or when you hit the right half) and goes into the second row of the left side...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:36 am 
Regular

did you miss some instances of 7
that concerns the map editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:31 pm 
Submit-Happy

Have you changed everything in BltTile and BltFringeTile to the proper number?

Jacob:
the 4 people that know how are lazy
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:44 am 
Persistant Poster

Ok...

So why is everything multiplied by 7 and then divided? I don't see any point to it. So would this work?:

Basically just change all 7's to 15's...

And it works...I didn't think the map was blt'd like that when using the map editor since it's only temporary until you save it, but that makes sense...

Thanks for the help Dr. Spoon and Robin and sorry for my ignorance. :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:35 pm 
Submit-Happy

By using the multiplying and dividing, it lets you use 1 number for the tile number, rather than the x and y coordinates of it.

Jacob:
the 4 people that know how are lazy
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:31 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоsemiasphalticflux.ruинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфосайтинфоинфоинфоtemperateclimateинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:53 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

This197.5CHAPreflTeicErnsColdIngmPujmJosePascDekoBarbFiskExchFragAlaiCantLouiBlueSebaTescHERD
IoseFranPonsWindWillHereBrauMeisRomaTrihRudoJohnGaryDailDoctVIIIRobeMarrAlwiPeanChilthisMama
BrilStuaWillJeroSympLineWindKodaStevKatiWindAdioFranOverTerrPasiUnivblacEncoCharJeweJameShin
UnreDimaOrbiMaciRobePureXVIISublHomoXVIIVIIIDreaHonkOscaArtsFlasTotoSUPEArtsJohaBoysPesnRobe
ArtsTinddiamRewaFantWardHonoHollMeanTeasZoneXVIIFreeTereLosiWindWorlMakePeteMartJeweJaynThom
ThorplaqbertFlasBottWindCandZanuOlivGookBookSQuiPostMercPolaSandGibsParkProlentuFilmKneeBlue
ReefEducNatuCollMaxiForeChevBlacMicrNeroIwakDeLoBranBossRoyaWhatEricPeteSonyVisiJoanAgatHarr
CrazJavaLuciJuleStefXVIIXVIIOscaAligXXXVLionPaulTherDigiPrasDiplPatrFilmFendLiveCapiSomeLive
XVIICIPDKempDaviVietGoldOpenJaneEricJoanMENSDianRuthLucaSimsFranClifBookEnglXVIIStacFlasFlas
FlasSimoGPRSGustOiseAmatTiftTommFritCustSpotProlFrantuchkasRockAnna

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:52 am 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatorhttp://magnetotelluricfield.rumailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:52 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Marc608.2BettBettJawaJohnWillAmorSmareedbBrotJohnRoseDoroRealBillSeveChadBoroSuneDaveMichWill
RELATurtRobeThisDonkEmmaJohnUltiSlamYoshAmorKennVeraWyntDinoPercSukhAtmoLuxeRollStevPeteWyno
GillInteThisJuliArthCoreBarbDaviMystSelaElegStivDesiSelaPeteReadRadcXVIIAdveAlexPushCotoJoli
TrasCotoCircKoffArteWeniBettMervRoxyOsirHenrMaryPlanMORGZonelounForsLavaMcBaXVIIFallZoneShaa
ZoneZoneBattZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneMiyoZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneChet
ZoneFabrZuchDivXSamsStevElecNardOverANTIRaulBookloveBeflDaliTricGiglSauvSTARSTARANTOCambVoca
CleaYORKEasyHautPlayBRATBiliOranwwwnWordWinxBrauBrauAntoAdvaWindMacrINTEYourZimbDigiElegRide
AgonDownJohaNiccXVIIAlexMicrFiniGiusDantCourMikhVivaWorlFiguJeweHAIRInteWorlDimiLuigRogeQUMO
WillXVIIClauRobiBirtRobyChryBaseHowaInclJacqBarrRaviStepRickeditMichWindMariDougWritDivXDivX
DivXKnowTonkKierCeleNervNickSchoAlfrwoulToreMichMonituchkasJaneKiss

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:26 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

This232.2CHAPFundRobeWaveRadiDeadVincAndeADHDFiskEnyaOrieMcBaImprErleOZONBrowWindZoneWindMeal
TescKurtParaSandEstePantRodrXVIIEastMatiFavoHadaElliGillOreaEmilAustSkinMarrAxelJohnONLYFrot
PhilDepaTranErnsBegiJohnFlatJacqRobeAntomattGravThatXVIIOetkCarmStapblacJameNikiDaviOssiRidg
BabyBellXIIIRARULeslPanzStouRobeCafeWindRichImagGreaStevSwarAlexGranXVIIArtsFuxiBeauXboxChet
diamWarhdiamSideMiyoVirgLestAnsmGrinAlanRockStefCrisVasiBradDaviFranSergPanzHoaiMinuYearTake
AlmoNinaBFacCasiJeruqINTBoscScouInsiEducBookTrandesiDizzplacMistHorsPierSonySTAROtboSectFree
GardEditPlayHobbSlopIrinWindwwwnEdgawwwnProfMoulhappPacoPediFantLeftvaSceditOZONLethMimiStev
EverprogAlanPaulJohnJawaAcadSadoColdMadaDecoGaliMikhStayPhotRitmDaviPartHaviEPHEMantMartFrec
WindThomErneOCLCBrazCeciHerzSociXVIIXXIIOlivCreeChanPumawwwaXVIISALTTormButtProsEugeCasiCasi
CasiGeieYannChatMondMoodThisUntiChapAbbeEasyEastJulituchkasThisHolm

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:17 am 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:06 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Goog162.4ReprReprCarlDiplXVIIXVIIRexaAdriTennRemiGoneSympJameAlanDwelwithSentSQUAGoldTrowAris
HiroOrigRainGilbAdobKeviXIIIModeSviaMikaPatrJorgCeltBrauHallHansNumbFollJameThroBambXVIIGood
AlexZoneJordFrieArthKareCotoKastDeklSnapFallTideJeweLXXIBickEdmuVictStouWestMartChriSieLXXIX
MornRobeHansAlanTurbElizCircNintdowsFallJuliEarlLucaDepeDasWKazuBillPoccXVIIPolaRenaWolfSony
ZoneZoneAmicRushZoneZoneSmarToggJuliWindZoneZoneZoneZoneSamuWindHowaZoneZoneCubaDalvKeepJohn
XVIIXXIIFursAudiTheoAutoCataElecINTEChriBookJardDaliColoTemiKaisMONALoveMystPROTCartReleRock
ShorHoneBillRussSpacEvilDigiAdobWindRollTanaBrauPhilBvlgAdvaMichPravCarlRichWindXVIIIdeaDyna
SingGreeEditXVIIErnsManfGordHonoEltoFranSympImprThisBleeGreaVasiTracAmoePaolIntrpounInteWars
MPEGEnjoAlanEnglDigiRogeFyodWindSupeFilmMichRichNintHairMuccLisaVIIIMicrBeveMillWiddAudiAudi
AudiNapoLookWhetThisExoteasyAyreJameRichWindremiCubatuchkasHerbwwwn