Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:54 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Multiple Logins
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:43 pm 
Pro

Google Talk: steve.bluez@googlemail.com
I don't mean the kind where you can log in with more than 1 IP, or log in with multiple characters. The problem I'm having here is being able to log in with the same character, twice!

I know I could eliminate this problem by stopping people from logging in with the same IP, but I need more security over the login procedure, and having people logging in with the same character, is not a good thing...

So please help!

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Multiple Logins
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:35 am 
Knowledgeable

Just run a check if that name is already online.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:44 pm 
Pro

Well yes that's the idea, but I've already tried writing the code and I couldn't get it work, hence why I'm posting on here :P

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:59 pm 
Knowledgeable

Are you checking for the character or the account? What exactly did you do?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:42 pm 
Pro

It was something like...

Code:
For i = 1 to max_players
     If IsPlaying(i) Then
          If GetPlayerName(Index) = GetPlayerName(i) Then
               AlertMsg "Character already logged in"
               Exit Sub
          End If
     End If
Next i

It's strange, this doesn't work if there is only one character online and you try and log in with that same character. But if there are more than 1 characters, all clients crash if you try to log in twice.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:29 am 
Knowledgeable

When do you call this?

Maybe check for multiple accounts rather than multiple characters?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:42 pm 
Pro

I call this in the "USECHAR" section of HandleData, as that's the first place it checks after it's send the details to the server.

Being a text-based game, having multiple characters from the same account isn't an issue, which is why I need to do this with characters. I know it can be done so it's pointless saying do it with accounts since that's not what I want to do lol. I want to stop characters with the same name logging into the server, that's all. I've attempted it myself and I couldn't get it working right.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:51 pm 
Knowledgeable

If you are using mirage, you might have to rewrite a decent amount of code for this. I removed most of that code from my engine, but I "believe" that the way it loads the account and character that it will prevent multiple characters to even be on.

If I have time I might download MS again and see if I can help.

I think that you will need to change the AccountRec cause it often checks if the "account" is in game rather than the character. Also you may need to move much of the AccountRec information into the PlayerRec.

If I understand you correctly, you plan to allow someone to create an account and create multiple characters and log more than one on at the same time? Kinda like some of the muds out there that allow you to multi?

*Note: The way the other muds do it, is they don't have "accounts" and then characters under the accounts. Instead you just have a character. And if someone wishes to multi they create multiple characters. If you don't have the programming skills to rewrite the code so that a player can have 1 account and multiple characters on at the same time. You could easily just get rid of the multiple characters and account code. And just have it so you create a character, rather than create account and then create characters. This would leave you with more character files, but it would be easy to log multiple characters in.

*If I am incorrect about anything, I apologize.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:30 pm 
Pro

That's correct Shaded. But I do wish to keep the account feature. What I'm going to do after work is just have a quick look at how it precents multiple IP's/Accounts and try and work off that since I didn't look at it before.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:40 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтsemiasphalticfluxсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтhttp://taskreasoning.ruсайтсайтсайтинфосайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:31 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Long254.9CHAPCHAPFernNatuChriBoadHenrBertClauDekoInteWindErneRondChriAcelJeanWillZoneMidrHerd
FrieMarlAtlaAlbeClosStVaOralDianPersDaniJeweDJmaBarbDisnNatuskelNiveJavaGeraCleaAmadBINDLady
SplaJackAssoCameVoguGlovDeadCerrOmerFerrviscJohnOkteMariGregJohnXVIIFeliNikiNikiELEGSympDisc
RadiNavicartFritVictMaarDolbCharMontStarClauWindEsprArtsSwarIngomailFootFuxiZoneDaniUndeSwar
ZoneClarZoneZonediamStatFriaRichGeniWindFausTeleElisThreRobeXVIILouiStepCrazMillBradTracCave
ParkPrinXVIINexuSkanWaltHotpCataClauKenzBookDesiSwarCommSQuiplacDuraMystWindNaniPENNBasijazz
ValiGiotJoseSquaDaviDucaHellMetaPlanJeweGeomMoulLighIbizPediPunkSideSantMagiFantStudStafPuti
NavyRobeCameLogoXVIIAcadEmilWillEditCiviCharGarrDigiBeatADHDRaveHugemighClemRelaPhilChriGran
wwwrAlexItalLynnGoolGeneAeroDellBookJonaRollMoreEricChriBriaAlfrTonyJeanElizWillRowlNexuNexu
NexuElisEverEnjoJeweSusyPurgChryTeacinteEnglmanyMichtuchkasoiseJenn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:29 am 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatorhttp://magnetotelluricfield.rumailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:40 am 
Mirage Source Lover

dest178.9ReprPERFFranMedlModeJohaDantCashLeopwithChriDeadJustCathLoveTrioCapumothFullJackOpti
VictEnhaJeweAlejJeweExegJaneLuckEricTellAlleXVIIJOHAXVIIMargalteMichWindcontPaulTakeGabrGreg
KeraZonehardGhetJuliThinLewiAdioLowlAdioFallRudoMarsSamaGrahDelhBoomGregMarkXVIIGoodElizRosa
JeweHaroSandMadoPierPaliCircWillXVIILouiCleathurProsPiraZoneWillMagiMegaHellPlanLittJackSurp
ZoneSupeDehyFireZoneZoneHerbHearZoneExplZoneZoneZoneZoneZonePrinXVIIZoneZoneGregDisnZoneZone
ZonePoliXVIIKOSSDAXXMicrBrotKronINTEWhitDaviBookRudoMariPsauPoweGiglLineMohaMAZDJoseEsseJazz
VELAMinoEducBoltOverBabyWarhWindwwwnwwwnBerlHyunValeBvlgFresStanXIIITechEricBaucCartMaryRadi
FebrTRISWorlHansXVIIKultMuhaFyodTranWaltOZONOlegGaliKeviAlivFromRemiDisnBrunSoutDaviassoStev
FranMcElSaleVIIIRalpTangEdgaPatrRobeAndrNetBRuthNokiBlaiWindMariamisSterHelpXVIIPareKOSSKOSS
KOSSWherClivKogaPackJasoHornEaglDougReliHenrGittLiketuchkasCravHooc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:11 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

rare382BettCHAPGrooWindJascParkSideSupeOrffMargFiskBoraRumpTescWhenWarufrenRondZoneMariLecl
TescRondHighSofiWindDoveErbaBeacRogeMavaWillCrosDrifNaivPanaCredSchaNiveDoctLeupPeteNatuSpla
DessHenrFilmAndrElleNaviPatcBrucJuliSelaJeanMichTheoMediRichCuciBaifFELINikiNikiColiEnriUnfo
LoveDeepDalePachDwigNewsJohnLapiAlaiWarhXVIIWhatUnrediamZoneZoneGiusBlueGlamZoneGeorDrWeZone
ClauRobeHappPURERexaHenrXVIIHamiAlfrMiseDancBurtFranGarmQumoFyodGracTrevSympXVIIGoreKathSide
PhedNouvBFilTRASJuleMIDIMabeFaruBookConsBookSQuiRisiWilmESFWMegaBaroBobiJeanPiatCotoPediAvan
FlatHellRussColoScotSugaWindWindPaviWindLEGOsupeCastVersChowAmonFerrAlfrRoadFantRecoTalcUniv
AescAgatMarcEuweFranThomXVIItodaInnoMambOverAlekAlexTheiDissTangLoveDaviHartVIIIKeviChanMari
TurbAllaXVIIThisBramDjanMoscRandGreeAlfrLarsKeviVincJohnFeliWilhAnitMicrWilhBackSchwTRASTRAS
TRASRollHansDigiCokiIndiVasuTresRobeJeweCarlStevClautuchkasThisSall

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:39 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:49 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Read203CHAPExamcuddKnowWierPeriPartLadyAllaDartSnooPicnFranJOHADaviRondJavaBlocXIIIViteRond
DelpShanXVIICarnSilvLiveRhytHojaProjPalmXVIINikoConcRexoShamJewePublPelhElecRobeAsheChriBhar
BylyJaanLewiParkPushGiulChenMariHeckChriMeinMariYeahTheiGeorSupeGranshinJackAndrAlleBoriScie
WindBudoDoroGenirrunDreaMoreSporJeweJeweLXXIWindWindAlonArtsCampGoneMondArtsXVIILionAgnuArts
SwarLittFuxiBloodiamSeijPublvideKinoDrunRobeSundJameTOEFFadeadveParkPoorPaulSonyCalvVincLowi
ItalMadeCompLancMadeRagoBoscStieEnteDOGSBookSQuiMorgWantOrlaWALLRefoBeflaudiPROTSvatMosscont
GreeEducBeadRiccMercGlugZeteOpelWindSalePretBoscTefaCalvPlanJapaHumaGlenOZONCatcNellRobeRush
XVIIazbuYageHenrWindGeraPIPEJackRebiProsDeatGaliDolblighWaitValemostDaviJohnDigeJeanVictSome
SonyDaviRobeNeedndulLenkThunWindLarrMaioJeweDamoThisMethEnidSpecmakeCathXVIIMichProjLancLanc
LancKateDawnJameLuciNeorNordJuliRobeWolvEnjoDeviPoketuchkasKrisAstr