Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:52 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Gamemaker Mirage
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:55 pm 
Pro

Since people were asking about this in my help topic, I decided to post my progress here.

I am making a mirage friendly client in gamemaker. It is a complete rebuild of the client, but the server will not know the difference.

So far I can:

Make a new account
Receive the characters
Make a new character
receive chat messages
send chat messages
receive maps from the server
drawing maps

The advantages of gamemaker? Really really really really fast programming. If you thought vb6 was RAD...
Direct X 8
MP3 sounds, midi sounds, any sounds
yoyogames instant play
No need to have you players run libary files
Easier to program in (you can use the libaries if you have trouble)
I know it well :D
Active community
Much more

I am going to go take a shower, but throughout the night I will post my progress.

@Robin, you can post your concerns here or whatever, instead of filling up my help thread.

Anyway, it is boring working alone, so if you would like to help post in my thread in the help section.

Labmonkey gets mod, everybody loves him, people find out his code sucks, he gets demoted, then banned, then he makes an engine called Chaos Engine.

Last edited by Labmonkey on Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:08 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Gamemaker Mirage
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:59 pm 
Pro

and last time i check yoyo games owns your game now. check the liscense.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:04 am 
Pro

That is only if you upload there.
"* By uploading, submitting, posting or otherwise placing any Content, including Games on yoyogames.com you expressly agree and confirm that:
* you are not a minor or else have your parent’s or guardian’s permission to do so on these Terms and agree these Terms;
* you have read and agreed to these Terms and understand them or have had them explained by a parent or guardian who does so;
* your Content, including Games may be used on and in connection with yoyogames.com;
* your username may be advertised and used in connection with your Content, including Games;
* you grant to YoYo Games the non-exclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, royalty free right and licence to use your Content, including Games on and in connection with yoyogames.com and to give all consents (if any) which YoYo Games requires including under copyright and other intellectual property, data protection and privacy laws world wide, for that use only; WHAT this means IS that we will NOT sell your Game OR ANY EXTENSIONS (OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT YOU UPLOAD) or use THEM separately from yoyogames.com WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION. WHAT IT DOES mean IS that we can use WHAT YOU UPLOAD WITHIN THE web site and make it available to users of the web site "

That is just so you can't sue them if they put your game on the front page or something. Or if they use your game to advertise gamemaker. :P

Labmonkey gets mod, everybody loves him, people find out his code sucks, he gets demoted, then banned, then he makes an engine called Chaos Engine.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:13 am 
Pro

ah ok well i guess your good then. i had just remembered reading it a long time ago

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:15 am 
Pro

they had some problems with the change in the license, but it was mostly mis-reads from noobs that caused all of the trouble.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:19 am 
Pro

lol like me when i first started making games :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:28 am 
Pro

chat messages completely finished. I am done for tonight, but tomorrow maybe I can get something up visually. Though I will be watching the Futurama movie...

EDIT: Now maps are able to be saved on the client. Now to draw them...
EDIT2: Drawing maps is working, just a slight bug where not all of the tiles are being drawn. Time for lunch/futurama!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:08 pm 
Pro

TILES FINISHED!!!!!!

on to players (Robin, looks like I may win that bet :P)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:11 pm 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: rs.ruggles@gmail.com
Screen shot of progress please? This is getting interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:17 pm 
Submit-Happy

Labmonkey wrote:
TILES FINISHED!!!!!!

on to players (Robin, looks like I may win that bet :P)

Enjoy getting the GameAI and all the different packets done :lol:

Jacob:
the 4 people that know how are lazy
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:20 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: Darunada@gmail.com
That's the fun part :D

I am a professional software developer in Salt Lake City, UT.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:56 pm 
Pro

packets are crazy easy, I don't know why you even mentioned that :P. And for the game AI, I am assuming you mean like player-input side and the responses, like attacking, etc. That's my next thing. There isn't actually much there, it should be done fairly quickly, but I may be wrong, so lets hope I'm right :D.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:09 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: Darunada@gmail.com
I hope you're not doing a 1-1 copy and actually fixing things that are wrong with Mirage.

I am a professional software developer in Salt Lake City, UT.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:22 pm 
Pro

I can't do a 1-1 copy, lol. Its a completely different graphics, sound, and object system. I'm doing a full rewrite of the client.

The only thing I am looking at is the packets :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:35 pm 
Submit-Happy

Now I think about it Consty did Server & Client in 2 weeks, so you have 1 week to re-do the client.

Have fun.

Jacob:
the 4 people that know how are lazy
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:59 pm 
Pro

It should be done by tomorrow :P. And I am adding in new features with all that.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:39 pm 
Pro

screenie please?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:43 am 
Pro

there is nothing much to see, for now it just looks like mirage without players...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:28 pm 
Regular

lol what happened to this?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:21 pm 

I was actually just about to work on it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:43 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтsemiasphalticfluxсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтhttp://taskreasoning.ruсайтсайтсайтинфосайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:56 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

inte271.5BettCHAPMarkSpirPierJameFranMichGuilThisFabrSkagXVIIOrieHenrDekoVIIIEverZoneRussBret
AtlaRondDeliSorbAloeSchiPenhMenhVFSiThomEdsoLuckCorpMoisGezaTextSafeVousGillCreoClaiMicrXVII
SmocJoycSideCaruGrimcaseSecrWillbrowSilvmetaDancFurtCharLiseLarsGrapFeliSelaSelaAdioMoreKari
ArktOmsaXVIIJaroMartBobbLiveNatiShorLandMarlMoviEnhaFuxiSwarFranCellStomZoneZoneBlueSearChet
ZoneMagnSwarNasoJohaSideKiddMaurDataJaroNeilKunaScotCarlCakeKumoSympVedrAnjaRegiLudoRobiPaul
EverCCCPGerhCMOSArgeJackZigmCataDeboStargirlJardYorkTimbGiglGreaIntrEdmiRaymPrioLouiCurrPost
ValiNDFEMedaGaryMagiHighArtswwwnWindXboxFruiDremWinxMexxCesaJuliCapiPaulPardGeorErleOneRSchu
WindImagJohaIrisMadoPeckFyodJohnDoubHastXVIIDaviZombWaitFireCriePlayRichThisTracSimoBattincl
WindJackCharMollXVIIPierNormThomEricEDUCBonuMollSoldGibsHeidSecrExceMichJennThieMoreCMOSCMOS
CMOSBookPROMOrigWhatFuerDisnKiddEterRoryJennJanepandtuchkasPebbkuli

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:54 am 
Mirage Source Lover

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоmagnetotelluricfield.ruинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:06 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Neme158.7ReprPERFAnneAlbuLaruSimoJuliPoinMaryNitzMaryJennZORLSimoMegaOnceViloCNVhBellCoveRadi
JackFastWithVasuTheysileMichAgaiChriLeonHenrContOverSvevXXVIOtfrChanNetWDaveGiveMissSergHans
FredZoneZenoXsanJulePushMichFallFallGlobSlanLinaMaurpinkPaulBarbPablMervSongMiloMornBestKlau
EtniPaulJuliQuanWindOZONMIREFranBladLakaHighNervGennBillZoneProdZutoPhilStepLibeMangXVIILars
ZoneZoneQueeAnotZoneZoneCurtDoinWillMcGoZoneZoneZoneZoneStanEchoCoulZoneZoneXVIIAquaDaveZone
RemoCosmNouvAudiVerdMETAIndeApelKeviRobbBookcellPolaDaliDeviJardGiglCzesHeliBRILJensJapaFree
ValiNighTessWINXThunTranBabyWindautoSaleLittOregValePlayPlanElmoLifeAndrAmerFLEXMothJeweEdwa
VIIIColuAlexProsWillMicrMeltGiusNeroJameMariLeonIntrVerkNiteBarcMPEGXVIITerrTubuEugeRobeSony
TubeAlexFranDavifranbonuMicrSYNCJohnIggyJeweAMWAMillJillDianMidnBillKirkShinFamiEasyAudiAudi
AudiScreBillBookSincHommSatiRobeRETAPeteBarbPatsStabtuchkasOberAdri

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:37 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Stef547.8BettCHAPToniScrifilmRobeStevAvriBoleJonaDeanNataOsloFiskOrieTestTescTescVreiChriMaur
TravAtlaCremFavoFrizCarrReneJohnChriEpilSidnHearEnniActiPelhPatrSchiHomeSecaOLAYKaurAdriCred
BylyYasuIDEAFunkRecoLycrInviTracRudyLaurNataKeepLineonorhitoRichCanoTheoRoxyRoxyOverSonaDean
LycrBambKeviPeteJameNiccHervZoneJuliRuthHappWillDolbRHINZoneZoneVaclgialGlamZoneMartWindPBIJ
OrsoWillRusiNasoRabiJianSidoInteAlisGregJackGrazWollAlasInteJoanDancBonepreqJeanRHZNXVIIStre
ShinFlexPeteTRASKahleditTermSangBookHellBookFiesAdriTinkRenzRubiJingSpirARAGRekaGoodTranCros
BotaEducNatuPotiDeepBoomArcoMESSSaraWindFresDeLoBoscCalvExceWindZionElviHervRunaMamaFideWhat
JeweCommWillXVIIStepFranEdwiEditMarcEditDigiCoffEartRushLiveSweeStepDaviPeteBlueComeclasNASA
WindBriaJennZeppForgBlueMastSettBackwhicArmyDaviTripRichThomBabyfranAkiyJennWantWillTRASTRAS
TRASDougPoulManhOscaMagiRoryNighBarrKingStevFlawXVIItuchkasonlyNach