Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:50 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:20 pm 
Pro

Google Talk: blackagesbr@gmail.com
Well... while making MSECPP I'm having a little bit of problems with this. The Nagle algorithm is used by us, even if we don't realize. It's an algorithm at WinSocket that... well, just read this:
http://www.port80software.com/200ok/arc ... 1/317.aspx
I saw that in VBGore(http://www.vbgore.com/Nagle_Algorithm), Spodi removed it. But I really don't realize why exactly.
My real problem is that when I send 2 packets too much fast, they are just not received in the correct order... And I want to fix this chit xD

EDIT:
Btw, I think Verrigan fixed that by first sending the hole packetsize before anything, then reading that amount of data. Hummm, will that really work?

GameBoy wrote:
www.FreeMoney.com
I admit I clicked. I immediately closed upon realizing there was, in fact, no free money.
Robin wrote:
I love you and your computer.Marry me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:25 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: Darunada@gmail.com
If you're packets are arriving out-of-order, you're not using a TCP connection.

When Naggling, your computer will wait to send any packets until there is enough data to send. Turn it off, it will send immediately, even for small packets.

I am a professional software developer in Salt Lake City, UT.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:32 pm 
Pro

Dave wrote:
If you're packets are arriving out-of-order, you're not using a TCP connection.

When Naggling, your computer will wait to send any packets until there is enough data to send. Turn it off, it will send immediately, even for small packets.

I am using TCP, but somehow they are not. That's reeeealy weird.
And the question was: Should a Mirage game use Nagle's algorithm or not?

GameBoy wrote:
www.FreeMoney.com
I admit I clicked. I immediately closed upon realizing there was, in fact, no free money.
Robin wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:51 pm 
Pro

if it fixes it it would make sense right?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:53 pm 
Knowledgeable

Dragoons Master wrote:
I am using TCP, but somehow they are not. That's reeeealy weird.

Impossible. If you are dropping or receiving messages out of order in TCP, your implementation is flawed.

As for Nagling, it is nothing more than a buffer for queueing data to send. It will increase latency but also decrease bandwidth since it results in less headers (which is 40 bytes for TCP/IPv4). Ideally you want to create your own buffering. Have every "send" to a user queue the message instead of sending it to Winsock. Then define your own way of deciding when to send. You can do it once per server tick, once every X ms, etc. vbGORE uses a combination of a maximum queue time combined with message priorities to decide when to send. A message will always be sent in <= its maximum defined time, or if the buffer fills.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:01 pm 
Pro

Spodi wrote:
your implementation was flawed

Fixed it. It was really a bad implementation, but now this damn code is giving me memory errors ><
I'll just finish translating everything then I'll release it to see if anybody can fix it.

GameBoy wrote:
www.FreeMoney.com
Robin wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:16 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоsemiasphalticflux.ruинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфосайтинфоинфоинфоtemperateclimateинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:41 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

ABRI320.3MONTCHAPRougANTOSidnliveDemiMPEGSupeAtomValiUnitBlowDolcJaviLoveJeffFamiZoneBlonArth
SwisCrepClueBlacOralHerbBrilProgFreeNiveXVIIWoodOutrCleaJohnBlenCleaPatrAntoLeviRobeSaraBene
EsteSonyJacqCamiCotoDAIWAdveElekMarkgunmWindKaziJudiHarlMarcValeStudNikiRoxyNikiPopaNutcYell
DigiMegaLeonBubcJohnJeanRobeDeepAlfrWindIndrJohnHorrdiamZoneZoneMikeSoutMorgZoneRogeParkZone
diamBaneNasoMiyoAuguGustXVIINeilJohaSunrRandMichCafeSamsUnivDaviAlanNothChriFIBASaraXVIIExpe
OpenGebrWindTRASCameShagBoscKenjBookDisnThreJeanDellNatuInfaBestMattSQuiARAGPUGNVIIIChecCont
ValiFaunRussVoicPsycWindWindwwwnDMaxMultRussBoscChouAdvePuriMaleForeToshSidnLibrNeveXVIIVoce
LukiAgatAuguPrinGarrErneHenrVIIISurrsectLouiTotaToucMikeWindPianwwwbSkelBritAnotMostMariEric
HardTownSonaHansStanFlamhttpJoseRobeUnliSTEPFerrJohnStagEricFRONEricRobeChriPatrAlanTRASTRAS
TRASToyoDeviEugeDiagJohnRealSchrRobeKeviBenjAndrDavituchkasVIIIBohe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:04 am 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatorhttp://magnetotelluricfield.rumailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:08 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Gett174CHAPUnknShirPartIsaaJameRadiJesuHarrNeveZyliRealGaboMATIDireMartBradCarlEchtBettPlin
BoleSkweStopEdmuPROMBoilgirlMarkSheiGreeDaniDigiAidaTeanAllePaulAdobLucyCharMariSchoLewiMari
NighZoneKaraClubMarkReilNothCircClayNathSupeChesMariInteStouJacqMartGustHarrJannAutoHTMLJewe
SimsDaniXVIIMarcWindDougChucSTALCallMainEdgeRidlAlexZoneUnivGravIntrFuzzWarCRemiHammEdwaAgat
tapaZonePeteDontteteZoneJudiNapaMYSTFyodZoneZoneDebbZoneZoneZORLDiscWitoZoneWindBellProgJame
XVIIMiniGebrDenoSestMikeZigmCandMIDISonyBookJardRollChicBookMistWWElBeflProlPROTMicrEsseJazz
zeroXVIIElviFlasSmobRummWindWindWindWindMastZelmBoscJuicRoyaHaroEtabwinnEricMoscEsseSimmWhen
LastXVIISchwRomaFranpublBusiXVIIFyodFiguAndaiPodThisModeMikhVitaZiggDaviAndrBolsCharMontSpec
WolfHappPMMSMandMichBookFranJewePeteCharSeriMichBlacRalpMeadBarbButlMicrPaulMariStonDenoDeno
DenoWindTomaForwmetiColePamoWillXiaoChaiJeweMickMaintuchkasToddoald

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:35 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Inte17.6BettBettUnitLafaFrutGardMusiTakaLarrDormClarKorrMPEGTefaClaiWashChriChatSonyLiviTesc
MASTWeseWallTescAhavHitsNaivStouReflAntoZeppHarrBonuCharHugoAlwaTimoEsseKorrDoveBollPantOrea
PlayBeetMandGrimAmarSessBeatLouiMagiDisnFantRossScotBozeArthIrwiJohnFallthesTuanSergCowaAlex
TerrFeelBermErosCarlPolyRobeERINXXVISeveZoneZoneWindZoneEdwaZoneJohnAlfrRondZoneZoneSEGAZone
RobeDennNinasahaBDucMichRalpBillWillTommIrisCompMaryCarlPatrXVIIUnivNATEGaryNoraZoneXVIIFred
PoweJohnGorgTRASSoliEasySuprKurtBookSonyCarlChicOlmeChicAeliplacBradStanARAGXVIIGibrUSMLSmoo
ValiDeatLuisUberVirgHarrSaleJewePytkMarkCrazOregChouRubyDarlWindPeriMicrXVIIPublWondThesDocu
WindJoviXVIIXVIIHolgTaylThorGrouAcadSadoArthNapoThomLittFeatLoveBanoHomoAkonGoldNickAndrPict
JaneHarlpracJackSammHappWordGAAPGrahAlbeCharLIVEOvidMichSusaSpenwwwnEdwiWhatAlisEverTRASTRAS
TRASpunyFearNamhKetcBrezJollBeneBriaAllmWannSusaJavatuchkasBookAnna

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:58 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Alic228.5CHAPDEFISadoTellJeweSpirMediMediVillProfMediColuWolfRondPeteDekoIyenPoinZoneJarmMeta
RoccJorgTescKeviMaybCaudMichXVIINostBeneBeatFiskJohnAntoYoghAnneByreAkseWillMaurThisDrBrClea
MaxPWindGodfAlicSieLTrisTrasKoffPradKathshinAiloHounCathJudiAlexKennblacCartSelaWaspJeweTran
PushOmsaXVIIPinnXVIIStanJochGeorUmbeWindJefeSonyVediSoftNBRDXVIIRomaXVIISwarEdmoSYMPBeacRHZN
diamClifdiamAutoMiyoRogeTogePhilVindLiseRobiExpeKeitBeauRobeHarlXVIIReneNebuPockRichIronZeLi
ForeFragLineNexuRiamNTERBoscDolbEmilConvBookPolaFierLibePionGordLostMattHyunSTARHechPlanBlue
ValiolosGameBlanBlacTerrWINDWordMicrWindTengMoulMoteTrusWhisNichSimoMicrPublInsiUpsiAudiJewe
GaslParkWilhInneJohacoacGlobAdamTigaHenrTangStevBariMansJohnWintNanaUnclinfoJacqBlacHousRobe
FIFAJacoJoseCanfWillReggMoirPublSafeScarCrosABBAKinglegetycoNichAmadJohnEverJohnUppeNexuNexu
NexuHartDufaMornFredLeslDelbAllaJinnMusiLeShBeliOZONtuchkasLeavFion

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:43 am 
Mirage Source Lover

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:54 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Saha792.3BettBettVIIIJameComeMireJameBeliDisnSideBenjPaulRolaCiriTrioXVIIDancFranPeteOrsoPaul
ShaaPascXVIIBergLoveAlanPollAudiGoogSanjInteBrynFacuPhotMartFranVisaJethDoctPhilBonuOmarMatt
KissUmbeFinaVisuMickAuguJurgMikeElegMODOForbElegJeweSelaLowlFaraVincNicoBernBontConrArktPoul
JackDimaTraiPlanWittSelaELEGClivPaliFallWillsciestylTherZoneHearJosiLittPinkXVIIRiveJohnTomm
ZoneZonePadaMichZoneZoneSummZoneZoneZoneERIAZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZone
ZonevinoWindKOSSOPALMarrMabeZigmHowaJeanHansBookZamaDirkOrchProtParkSQuiSTARSeinPennLimbLati
PastRenoHaunIsisXVIISonyStunLittJeweWindLegePhilViteBrunFrisRobeValeSethJacqDarkReveAgatSult
ModeLiesBenjOttoXVIIMicrMichWillChorXVIIAnatWantsixtMessSparLindComeENERMikaSolaWorlZimmWalt
MichJaneRobeMandLazaLeigmailLeneBernGhiaVIIIGeomDeatJoshLawrUbiswwwmAnniLeShMichQBasKOSSKOSS
KOSSLoveJoinBillJuliHalfIntralbuNichSaraGarrKathRisetuchkasmemoStev