Yes 55%  55%  [ 16 ]
No 17%  17%  [ 5 ]
Working on a Engine 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
Studying VB or another language 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 29
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:50 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: johansson_tk@hotmail.com
Who is actually making a game in this community? Please post if you do so. Cause it feels like it's only I who are working on a game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:02 pm 
Knowledgeable

I am sort of working on a game.. But first, I have to develop my own language.. It's going to be compilable (EXE) and scriptable.. And get rid of nasty non-standard run-times. :) (I'm currently in Compiler Concept Studying mode)

Eventually, I will develop a multi-server, mmorpg.. Still in concept mode, but the ideas are coming daily. :P It'll be 3D, and fully customizable. So yeah... Maybe I'm not working on a game, but I voted yes anyway. :P

Last edited by Verrigan on Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:26 pm 
Knowledgeable

I guess I could pick number #1, and #3. But at this minute, I am working on an engine and map editor for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:57 pm 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: rs.ruggles@gmail.com
I vote yes, but I don't know if it's a game that I'll actually release. I'm really just working on my programming in general, trying to gain more knowledge, but I'm doing so with mirage source, and I COULD turn it into a game if I chose to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:06 pm 
Pro

Nope. I'm working on a firefox extension :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:15 pm 
Regular

lol, i am but you will, already kno that ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:41 am 
Knowledgeable

well, i was making a really large set of graphics for a friend's game, but his computer cant handle 'em, so he's gone back to 32x32. So all i do is hang around until the game's ready for distribution :cry:

and im learning Visual C++

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:22 am 
Me, Sonire, and Spoon, are working on TPO still, it's slow, as we all have something eating away at our time. But as always, Sonire forgot to mention the game.

Red, if you need a project for GFX, we need a gfx artist. Sprite sizes are every possible combination from 32x32, to 96x96. If you want to help out, pm me an example, or add me on MSNm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:44 am 
Regular

I’m working on two projects, a game, and an engine. My engine name is *NOT TELLING YA* and my game is ‘Universal Online’. Basally, UO will be build of the engine I building…through, I’m having trouble, cause the source code is became a bit buggy, and I just started form scratch last night…but hopeful, the engine will be released in a few weeks. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:16 am 
Knowledgeable

I plan to make a game... some day... still trying to finish the damn engine first. :roll: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:32 am 
Regular

Spodi wrote:
I plan to make a game... some day... still trying to finish the damn engine first. :roll: :wink:

Good luck. Isn't it like version 0.0.2 or something? You've got some work to do...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:44 am 
Pro

Google Talk: blackagesbr@gmail.com
I'm still developing my old first game(Black Ages). I don't have much time so it's going veery slow, but it's going to be done in a few month.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:09 am 
Regular

pingu wrote:
Spodi wrote:

Good luck. Isn't it like version 0.0.2 or something? You've got some work to do...

0.1.0 ;)
And it it depends how much each feature / bug etc takes to track down / add / fix.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:46 am 
Knowledgeable

Yeah actually at the state vbGORE is at now, I can easily use it for making a game. Just... would prefer more. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:24 am 
Knowledgeable

I deleted Eternia source code :D so im not, im actully for hire atm.

Working on a game is very fun, so if somone is reading and cosidering, then do it.

The only problem i had with Eternia was the hosts :*(

And atm im learning php
- <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:48 am 
Community Leader

Woho, and I thought I was the only one out there. hehe.. well Im basicly just working with Key To Heaven and Phoenix Engine.

Key To Heaven is going very goot atm, been fixing up a few things and I will start making spells today, so I might post 1 or 2 later on the day.

Other than that, I hate my school :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:31 pm 
Knowledgeable

I have to vote 'no' on this one.. Although i did help out with Naruto Realm.. But that was a fair while ago.. Anyway, right now i've been pretty busy with university, so havnt had much time to really do much on the computer.. Started skating when winter hit, since my mate and i couldnt skim.. But yeah, since summer is just coming back we should start skimming real soon.. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:43 pm 
Community Leader

Skimming, you mean skamming ;)

I don't have much time to work on my game either really.. School eats time of me :x I would just like to burn the whole school down :twisted: Or somehow program a bug so all teacher come late to the classes all the time. But both those things are impossible, at least one of them :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:06 pm 
Pro

Yeah i'm working on a game... and working on Phoenix Engine... and i'm learning C++... really more of the 3rd one than anything else. I started a C++ class this semester, and i'm taking the 2nd part next semester... it is really boring right now... i could teach the class :( :( , okay everyone, today i'm going to show you how to convert decimal to binary (we actually did that one class... that's pathetic)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:00 pm 
Pro

yeah dont you hate classes that are for people who cant learn at all or whatever I hate when I know way more than where we are

Also I am learning crap but could turn into a game... im doing it all from scrtach so I dont care how long it is.. I just mess around some each night and learn more

Need to find a class for it here at school

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:23 am 
Regular

I'm in a class, where we are making a website for assesment...its kida boring, cause I could do all the things in HTML. and then, thers of cource, the fact I'm making a wbeiste myself

Next year, however, I'll be in a lcass where we are learning VB.net...how broing...through, we gte to make a game, and then show it to a primary school near us...hmmm...i wonder if I can use my engine or game, instaed of having to program the game in VB code....now THAt would be cool :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:55 pm 
Pro

I took VB6 two years ago in my school...too easy.
Last year I started learning java, it was somewhat easy, but I actually learned something.(And made Monopoly for my final project)

This year I have 2 java classes. In one, we make games(Right now we are making Battleship) and in the other, its more cryptography oriented(Or it will be)

Last years java was an AP class, and one of my classes this year is an AP class. Which is great, cause I got a 5 last year(Highest score) and I get college credit :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:06 pm 

I vote yes i am currently working on a game http://www.narutolife.homestead.com its about the hit anime naruto i have some graphics done but need a coder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:32 pm 
Pro

yeah i remember your monopoly game... it was good. i ended up doing connect 4... it was really easy... and i ended up with a 4 by the way.

they didn't offer any c++ stuff when i was in school... they had a VB .NET class which was freakishly boring, and then at the end of the year we started java, then we had like AP programming II or whatever and it was all Java, which i don't like personally.

Anyways back on topic... how far is everyone on their games? are they due to release soon?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:51 pm 
Community Leader

Obsidian wrote:
Anyways back on topic... how far is everyone on their games? are they due to release soon?

Well I have a few things left to do:
- Some small programming
- GFX: Spells and Monster + a few other things.
- Optimizations (byte arrays, Zlib..)

And the last part is really confusing, I just read through Spodii's article on gpwiki.org. And I didn't really understand how to code it. But still I hope to find a way to learn it. So my game is dependent on how fast I will learn to optimize my packet system. :? And I don't really know when that will be.