Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: RGB stuff?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:34 am 
Pro

Alright i was thinking about a few things (namely the way we did clothing/hair in phoenix), and it got me wondering...

is there a way that you can just save 1 STYLE of something, for instance, make a base "shirt" that's solid white, then just manipulate the RGB colors for it, then use it, without making 1500+ individual shirts with different colors? And would it be practical, or would it be something that had to constantly be redrawn?

I just thought it'd be a much "better" paperdoll if you could just add a base of different things and go from there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:56 am 
Knowledgeable

People were actually doing this (namely Chase) with the vbGORE engine. :wink:

It is going to require some sort of lighting to have any decent speed. TXC by Aaron (http://www.baronsoft.com) did something like this in DirectDraw I believe. If you want to do it this way, it'd be best to store a buffer for each user what their sprite is so you don't have to recalculate the coloring every time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:15 am 
Pro

that's what i was thinking. when they equip armor for example, store the value in a buffer, and draw it once, then when it changes, change the buffer.

what do you mean it will require lighting?

i'd actually checked out ORE a while back... but i never got too into it, the community was quite dead and there was no real support for it. i'll check into it though to see what they did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:02 am 
Knowledgeable

By lighting, I mean hardware accelerated lighting. Its not required, but really going to take a while to draw the image without any 3D effects as far as I can tell.

But yeah, you have the buffering idea right - that is definitely the way you want to go.

Just a little nit-picking, its not on ORE, but TXC, which was made before ORE. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:39 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: johansson_tk@hotmail.com
Obsidian, it sounds to me that its not worth the coding. It's much faster just to color the items different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:41 pm 
Submit-Happy

Yes, but faster is not always the best option.

If you're going to do something, do it right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:59 pm 
Knowledgeable

Coloring the items individually allows you to use a better variety of colors, but is going to cost you a lot more RAM (unless you change MS's code from leaving everything in memory) and you wont be able to make that many graphics on your own.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:09 pm 

Hmm why dont you look at verrigans pixel mod program. that changed colour for another colour. Dont know if its the fastest way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:02 pm 
Pro

yeah i think what i'm going to do, is make a certain RGB, like 200,200,200 able to be changed for armor or weapons or clothing or whatever (which actually is a bad way of doing it now that i think about it... i'm going to have to put some more thought into this). At any rate, it should probably just reuse part of those loops i saved using Red's tutorial.

thanks for the info guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:27 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: Darunada@gmail.com
From a DD surface, you can get a byte array, pass it to a function ByRef, and modify it. If you make the function that modifies it in a C++ DLL, it will still be pretty fast. Byte manipulation in C++ is pretty basic, and with a little primer you could find your way through it.

There are pretty much three options to using DD and modifing the screen like that.

1) Do it with code in VB (Slow)
2) Do it in DX3D (Fastest)
3) Do it in a C++ DLL (Probably the best option if you dont want to change to D3D)

I am a professional software developer in Salt Lake City, UT.

Post subject: Re: RGB stuff?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:55 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffuserhttp://semiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchuckинфоtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:38 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Five201.2CHAPnumbFaitReadNeveMireVariDagaZachYoshTescInteLewiPatrKingJoelTonyKeenEyviProsEric
DaveBreaDoroIrenCanzCredAlleMoonMichSanjGoldBillOverJohnspecMickDaphMohiJoshNefeTescLuxeAnan
OmsaGregBaraFrieBelaGreaBoshMuraModoCourElegAcceDeadSelaLogeSelaSergShawGuilEllaOmsaCotoChri
SusaComeSelaRekaPaliPaliSelaFranElegPourKarlSongCircNewmZoneXVIISwarGuyvXVIIXVIIElwoZoneDeut
ZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZonePerfZoneZoneZoneZoneManyZoneZone
ZoneMakeXVIISUPEGirlKronBTKAINTEDandEdwaFirsToloPolaAlicPoweVanbWillHalfCARECathApolHELLVoca
CanoCaneEducKotlLittSylvCubiSaleWindGeorMoleValeBrauWestFrisFantRoryHeavAugeSidePrelXIIIJere
BrenPagaFranThorMorcChriFyodRoboHowlRabiValeLeonOffiSmasMikhRaceDaniStroHousInteCaseChilWind
RobeBridElaiPennXVIICandHeelwwwaERDAMichCastEmpiDinoPresNortHolyMichWallQBasHanaSessSUPESUPE
SUPEUndemultImagGaelRobeHornTommMichButcWhatPhylPunituchkasFeatwwwm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:15 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.ruсайтmailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:39 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Kill152.5AgarBettXVIIWaltFlorFladWannAnnePrinTefaCharGabrBlacThomMoreRondRoryKiroJochMichGeis
TescWilhClasSignAlodJuniOlieSonyJeweNiveSentCursMichYourKissExpeNiveAloeKissEnciMicrCredPSFF
RoyaPushPushGramLoveCapiElecMileAlbeSmalRudyThisLineMarcCircPlacSelaHAIRNikiMandJerrVoguPush
KeviIntrPaliPonsLowlRafaAndyRondLloyXVIIFuxiLapiXIIISonyLeandiamZoneHoteHenrBeraAliclunaRaim
SonaDecoYuluPeteGillJannMORGNicoXVIIZoneReadDieuAlexGustJarmZonediamGeraJohnHappPaolZoneZone
BernTigeOpaqBluePiraCarpNordGarrBookRenaLockCatcAfroChicBancBullLoveUrtiwwwnPionRigaAmerJazz
ValiWorlWondexclWheeBookSylvXVIIdowsJeweElitDeLoTequGuccMaxiPoweColuwwwnsmalWindJackAriaXVII
PonyXVIIForeGabrJoelForeBookJackKingAcadAlexBoriAinsNeveGreaBlueWaltrelaCathRodrNelswwwmSony
MichHappThomBusiPunkSEGABrooLeneGeneJeweMattQBASMobiStruVirgCartVIIIBalaUsefsoulMicrBlueBlue
BlueLoliRudyRudoTarcDrWeFielEverAlfrVariJohnHansGointuchkasAstrTops

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:23 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Most268.8BettCHAPClifJeweNeveXVIIPoweKrafUSSRBebePanaKnocSEGASideJeweElsaSantPapeZoneMYNGHits
DzhiJohnDAXXJeffATTOCoraQuinDeesGeorCentBrucXVIIEvanJeanCompArthCaroAlexBoxeGhiamembHannJorg
CalvEdgaMicrMileYukiMaryErinLinoAltaDarkCircLoviStepCALSArriMuccVincAgatMattEdgaJeweShirStan
WoolCotoSelaChocDonaSelaLocaJaniNicoPaliCorbKrupMatiTendZoneOtheDonaDaysMariBONDTraiZoneTrac
ZoneZoneCheaZoneZoneZoneOZONChetZoneVisiZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZORLKurtZoneZoneZoneAnsaZoneZone
ZoneQuijPopoCardFlayNardGlasRomeSunsTranDelpLinuHallTextRoseLabaMistFlipAUDIWindMontHanlVoka
IremProfDiscTakeNuclClueSonyCantFredDesiWinxJanoBoscGeorDarlCatcWatcPaulXenoTranShocGavewwwk
XVIIRockVIIIXVIINapoJohnJackStefAlaiFredErsthighNintGarbCarmNochDeviProjEverelenSilvPaulMusi
bonuHarlJoseHappOrsoSleeSupeHansXVIICharPeteKeviLEGODaviJeweCairKeysPernKlauIntrTangCardCard
CardJeweSusaenchThisThroDropWelcWhenBetsVirgmathAmaztuchkasCabrJail

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:24 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

stor366.1CHAPThisXVIIBackJameRiveAlisSympJuliCathGordTescRichTescSuavBistReflStefEricJuliBeir
RondJillDrewTescKeviXVIIRichPartNellXVIIOrigEditRichWillPetePureMineRonaCleaAlonSifrPaleJona
OracFranNaviSideChriXVIICotoAndeLaszCharELEGDarkRogeElizDeadAdioArraJeanElegGlobPushFunkVogu
MariOZONWeniELEGVipuFeliThomZoneElegPaliZonediamElsySandXIIIKarlZoneIMDBStevSeriReviZoneRodm
ZoneZoneZoneZoneArthBackZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneJackZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZone
ZonePLEWPlewCARDEuroBoscNordSwisDiscWorlEverEasyGinaCuorOlmeMistWALLOLEDTOYOAutoSandMerrNorw
MoocESCADecoBlanBakuWindRelaWindWindworlIwakSiemSonyChloEukaAICPXVIIThisThisMessXVIIErleMike
DarkXenoJrJrGiovLewiAlphAcadHonoKeenAnatDeadXVIIWindRecoBriaThunIsabIntePozoInteVivaAntoSven
steaStevVitaJapaKirsdarkFolsSimCKonzNinePridPeteJoycJameDisnFrieJaneRammKingThemCatlCARDCARD
CARDClouErinDaviLoreScorJameThisReinolimJeweEnglArnotuchkasCravBlin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:10 am 
Mirage Source Lover

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо