Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:09 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 280 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:29 pm 
Regular

Project name: Raging Lands
Engine: Elyisium (Apshodel laters)
Team: Me - Blodyavenger (doing simple coding, graphics, game concept...everything? Something like that, yep)

Needs: Programmer

Info: I'm building that project alone and I'm new to VB programing and it takes a lot of time and effort to do game concept and graphics while learning to program as well so I need someone to take over bigger programming stuff like:
-adding more stats and editing their effects
-professions
-quest system
-spell system
-and more (from little to big things)...

I'll be most happy if I get help with at least one of things mentioned.

Reference: I believe that everyone wants to know, who are you working with
<images removed>

Yes, I'm going to use 100% my graphics and that's part of my plans called "unique".

Conclusion: I'm looking for serious person, that would help me with things mentioned and of course , I'm ready to share development ideas with programmer as well. For now, I don't want to release more info to public and I'll keep it that way until we get closer to testing. If anyone thinks, that he would like to join me on designing of this project, then please, send me PM or just leave reply here.
I'm going to recruit more laters for music + map making most likley but for now, I want to make something good to show others before making big recrutment. Questions are more than welcome.

PS: This is not project introduction but programmer request

PS2: If you're not interested in joining for full time, then I'm ready to exchange pixel art for programming

Last edited by Blodyavenger on Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:34 pm 
Blodyavenger wrote:
Project name: Raging Lands
Engine: Elyisium (Apshodel laters)
Team: Me - Blodyavenger (doing simple coding, graphics, game concept...everything? Something like that, yep)

Needs: Programmer

Info: I'm building that project alone and I'm new to VB programing and it takes a lot of time and effort to do game concept and graphics while learning to program as well so I need someone to take over bigger programming stuff like:
-adding more stats and editing their effects
-professions
-quest system
-spell system
-and more (from little to big things)...

I'll be most happy if I get help with at least one of things mentioned.

Reference: I believe that everyone wants to know, who are you working with
Image Image

Yes, I'm going to use 100% my graphics and that's part of my plans called "unique".

Conclusion: I'm looking for serious person, that would help me with things mentioned and of course , I'm ready to share development ideas with programmer as well. For now, I don't want to release more info to public and I'll keep it that way until we get closer to testing. If anyone thinks, that he would like to join me on designing of this project, then please, send me PM or just leave reply here.
I'm going to recruit more laters for music + map making most likley but for now, I want to make something good to show others before making big recrutment. Questions are more than welcome.

PS: This is not project introduction but programmer request

PS2: If you're not interested in joining for full time, then I'm ready to exchange pixel art for programming

Do yourself a favor and scrap the Elysium engine. Use MS4.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:50 pm 
Regular

Thanks for suggestion but I got over with that decisions and I'm staying with elysium.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:02 pm 
Blodyavenger wrote:
Thanks for suggestion but I got over with that decisions and I'm staying with elysium.

Well, there was a possibility I would have helped, but now you're sol. No one here messes with Elysium. If that's the engine you wanna use, head over to Eclipse or OGCore and get yourself a script kiddie.

Afterall, you're not taking your project seriously, why should anyone here?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:00 pm 
Regular

I don't want to start a fight here or anything for nothing. I chosed Elysium becouse there are already many things in that engine, and I need those things since I'm not good programmer (as you can see, I'm recruting one). Let's say that I don't get one that's going to do programing thing with me (who I'm not going to get as I can see) then I can at least have some nice things already in Elysium engine, even if that's not so great engine (by your words...)

Should I wrote all past steps that I have done among engines in one simple recruting message? I'll gladly write whole book of my past steps if that will help. Yes, I was on MS2 already and I changed to Elysium. Why? Becouse that's something that I can work on alone at least (even if project will not turn out so good as I planed).

Tell me, becouse you said that I should move to MS4 then "I REALLY SHOULD" ? Can't you simply accept what I said? That I made my decision? And belive me, it wasn't quick decision. Oh my...

EDIT: Ok, maybe I've lost my temper, but that's all just because of all that engines. When I start with one, I see that there is too much for me and I move to another that is strange, then I reach one where everything is dead and...ah. Look, I don't have anything against MS, I was using it for a while but then again, without programmer, I'm really doomed. I was looking for something without scripts in first place but then again...ah, i don't know.
I'm ready to change engine if I get someone that would be ready to join me and do the programing part in this project.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:45 pm 
Pro

Google Talk: anthony.fleck@gmail.com
I understand how your using Elysium because it's got some features that you need. But if you used MS4 and increased your chances of finding a programmer (Matt seemed interested already) wouldn't they be able to just program the things you want into a faster and more reliable engine?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:45 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: Darunada@gmail.com
It's easy to lose your temper around Matt. I completely understand.

Go ahead and use Elysium, just don't expect us to be able to help you as well as we could if you were using MSE.

I am a professional software developer in Salt Lake City, UT.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:47 pm 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: hpmccloud@gmail.com
Why would you post this here in the first place? You've already got a topic on OGCore and MS doesn't have anything to do with it. :?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:50 pm 
Submit-Happy

You wont find anyone who knows how to program pretty well here who's willing to use Elysium.

There's a reason we're not using Elysium ourselves, you know ;D

Jacob:
the 4 people that know how are lazy
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:18 am 
Regular

GIAKEN wrote:
Why would you post this here in the first place? You've already got a topic on OGCore and MS doesn't have anything to do with it. :?

Well, in first place, I tought that I could find someone here that would like join me, but then again if I think now, I'm sure that I would find that kind of person there already...if there would be any that is.

I guess that I'll have to think about it again seriously :?

You can just lock topic and thanks for all critics / comments

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:27 am 
Look dude, don't get your panties in a bunch. If you like the engine, fine, use it. Enjoy failing. If you wanna take your project seriously, then you'll switch to a much more stable, clean and secure engine. ES is so full of bullshit, I could bring your server down with a vanilla MS303..

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:29 am 
Pro

I would have been interested also, but there is no way I'm touching ES.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:49 am 
Persistant Poster

Perfekt wrote:
Look dude, don't get your panties in a bunch. If you like the engine, fine, use it. Enjoy failing. If you wanna take your project seriously, then you'll switch to a much more stable, clean and secure engine. ES is so full of bullshit, I could bring your server down with a vanilla MS303..

DO I HEAR CHALLENGE? Seriously though, no offense because I don't think you could. Unless you were trying to hack the old shitty Elysium Diamond 2 and earlier then it would be possible very easily...but with the newer v3 (soon to be "Asphodel" because "Elysium" is dead) then it's not possible to crash the server.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:39 am 
Pro

I wouldn't make assumptions of things being not possible..

I doubt there is a way to keep somebody out of something, and I don't think there really ever will be. This new Elysium will crash like any other, it might take more time, but it will if somebody wants it to.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:55 am 
Persistant Poster

Anthony wrote:
I wouldn't make assumptions of things being not possible..

I doubt there is a way to keep somebody out of something, and I don't think there really ever will be. This new Elysium will crash like any other, it might take more time, but it will if somebody wants it to.

Well it isn't possible...I'm not trying to sound like a bad ass but technically it's not possible. You might be able to hack something but you can't crash the program.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:57 am 
Community Leader

never say never

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:12 am 
Pro

Who is programming this new source? Why is it so crash resistant?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:14 am 
Persistant Poster

Because of the error handling.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:27 am 
Persistant Poster

DFA wrote:
awhile ago, i was googling Eylsium, and found
http://www.elysiumhotel.com/

uhh... ??

ROFL lol that explains alot

║╚╣║║║║╔╗║╚═╝║
╚═╩╩═╩╩╝╚╩═══╝

╔╦═╦╦════╦═══╗
║║║║╠═╗╔═╣╔══╝
║║║║║║║║╚═╗
║║║║║║║║╔═╝
╚═╩═╝╚╝╚╝ ?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:22 am 
Regular

Perfekt wrote:

First of all, I don't wear panties actualy. Second thing is, that I'm ready to swtich engines. I'm going to play with MS4 for next few weeks and after that, I'll come around again...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:51 pm 
GIAKEN wrote:
Perfekt wrote:

DO I HEAR CHALLENGE? Seriously though, no offense because I don't think you could. Unless you were trying to hack the old shitty Elysium Diamond 2 and earlier then it would be possible very easily...but with the newer v3 (soon to be "Asphodel" because "Elysium" is dead) then it's not possible to crash the server.

Fucktard. I've done it. Ask Harry. :D He paid me. ^_^

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:25 pm 
Pro

Is this new version of Elysium out to public right now?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:07 pm 
Giaken, do you not realize how easy it is to take a vanilla mirage, and edit the packet being sent to a server, and store a value clearly too large for the server to handle and try to save it?

Simplicity at it's finest.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:47 pm 
Community Leader

Blodyavenger wrote:
First of all, I don't wear panties actualy.

You're missing out! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:15 pm 
Regular

You think so?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 280 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next