Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:49 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:39 am 

Hello everyone i will just get to the point. i am a designer, a creator. not a code master. i have all of the time in the world to just sit at home and work on anything i want. i love games that well games mirage source makes. But there are things i just want to do that would make a perfect game...for me. maybe someone else hopefully i can get someone other then me to play it. but in order for me to be as creative as i want. i need a better engine nothing as far as kick ass features or maximizing speed or anything just simple things here is a list of what i would need.

I need a source with or Engine whatever you like to call it with the following features.
1 Hp/Mp bars rather then the numbers with the % signs. and if SP can be erased please do lol.
2 Guilds nothing complex. just allow dev+ to be able to create a clan. give it a leader and let him add whoever he wants. simple
3 damage above head. OPTIONAL. some people i know dont like it.
4 Visual inventory/visual spell screen/visual equipment. all of that
5 simple little * when someone types in there password
6 Having stats on the side of your screen like on that right area and then just adding little +'s to them you click on to add the stats
7 Customizable EXP/TNL all of that
8 i dont know if there is a way but take lvl caps off and map caps. if you cant have it unlimited give me something to work with 10k at least. for both and for shops. and items. and all of that. i hate only being able to make like 100 thats bull.
9 it would be really useful for not so code oriented mappers to have a little f1 button that brings up all the things like "edit map" and all of that. and for devs have "add guild" bla bla bla "edit shop" all of that just little buttons you can press
10 allow multiple drops from NPCS
11 allow change npc drop rate and increase the EXP LIMIT for npcs to more then 37k...cmon i want at least 5 mill
12 allow stats on NPCs and players to have no limit or at least a lot more then they are
13 add layers masks and fringe 1,2,3
14 change max number of NPCs on a map at once
15 simple commands for mods + /kick <name(reason)> or /ban <name(reason)>
16 also let there be more then 255 sprites cmon man what is that. same with map tiles and item tiles just let me have more of them
17 add arrows if that is possible and bows if possible. i could edit the stats and whatnot
18 make the spells casted be able to be memorized and then when casted show an animation on the NPC
19 add little save password and username buttons
20 Visual exp bar with TNL and EXP numbers above it
21 options box so you can have...options on some features
22 HP bars on all npcs "optional"
23 not sure if this is in there or not but. a button you can press to show all your EQ you have equiped like on a stick figure with durability that changes as it dose
24 warning "weapon is about to break" when it gets to 10 durability or less and every hit after until repaired
25 a Item that lets players change there sprite. which will be given to them automatically at X levels
26 red zone=15% xp loss and all equip items droped. yellow zone 15% exp lost and 10% of gold lost,grey zone = no penalty, black zone = all equiped items. half exp. and 1 random item from inventory green zone= 15% loss exp

this is simply a request. there might be a chance i could pay you. like if i was so blown away by how perfect you got it. lol but yea i would just really like to make a game i have the time i have the ambition i just dont have the brainpower to make a engine that can do what i want it to do thanks for any help. thanks alot

P.S. i know how to edit GUI and all the gui of the buttons and everything and the sprites and all of this i just need the code part done. thank you

****EDIT***** also i forgot but anyway to change how fast the players attack and not the NPCs or both but be able to control them separately like instead of the 1 second per hit now like just a thing you can change for each weapon to make it faster or each npc.

Last edited by Tdiddy on Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:25 am 
Persistant Poster

Considering you have no idea how to code or want to but want all those features I say

1 use xtremeworlds
2 use labmonkeys engine when released

║╚╣║║║║╔╗║╚═╝║
╚═╩╩═╩╩╝╚╩═══╝

╔╦═╦╦════╦═══╗
║║║║╠═╗╔═╣╔══╝
║║║║║║║║╚═╗
║║║║║║║║╔═╝
╚═╩═╝╚╝╚╝ ?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:15 am 
Knowledgeable

Google Talk: aeronjl+mirage@googlemail.com
Doomy wrote:

1 use xtremeworlds

No.

Tdiddy, if you are looking for someone to program then you really need to be showing the skilled programmers what you have to offer. So far all you've shown is a poor grasp of grammar and spelling. Post some of the background behind the game you're working on and some of the graphics you are using. To be brutally honest, not many people will work out of the goodness of their heart so I would consider offering a monetary incentive.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:44 pm 
Pro

Most of the stuff you want is already in ms4, or in my engine. Some of the other stuff you want to do is extremely simple and I bet you could do if you spent a day or two learning to program.
viewtopic.php?f=149&t=5384

Labmonkey gets mod, everybody loves him, people find out his code sucks, he gets demoted, then banned, then he makes an engine called Chaos Engine.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:37 pm 
Persistant Poster

Acruno wrote:
Doomy wrote:

1 use xtremeworlds

No.

Tdiddy, if you are looking for someone to program then you really need to be showing the skilled programmers what you have to offer. So far all you've shown is a poor grasp of grammar and spelling. Post some of the background behind the game you're working on and some of the graphics you are using. To be brutally honest, not many people will work out of the goodness of their heart so I would consider offering a monetary incentive.

well the reason i said that is because he does not know coding or want to learn. The stuff he asked for is basic stuff and it comes with extremeworlds which is accually a good closed source engine.

║╚╣║║║║╔╗║╚═╝║
╚═╩╩═╩╩╝╚╩═══╝

╔╦═╦╦════╦═══╗
║║║║╠═╗╔═╣╔══╝
║║║║║║║║╚═╗
║║║║║║║║╔═╝
╚═╩═╝╚╝╚╝ ?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:32 pm 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: infectiousbyte@gmail.com
Doomy wrote:
Acruno wrote:
Doomy wrote:

1 use xtremeworlds

No.

well the reason i said that is because he does not know coding or want to learn. The stuff he asked for is basic stuff and it comes with extremeworlds which is accually a goodclosed source engine.

GIAKEN wrote:
I can't take these huge penises anymore! All that's left is shame! And blood

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:34 pm 
Knowledgeable

*Slowly uploads Elysium Diamond*...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:41 pm 
Egon wrote:

Don't do it man. We're so close to getting rid of Elysium!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:52 pm 
Pro

At least use pre-asphodel beta version of Elysium.

Labmonkey gets mod, everybody loves him, people find out his code sucks, he gets demoted, then banned, then he makes an engine called Chaos Engine.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:31 pm 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: hpmccloud@gmail.com
No please don't...

Technically, Asphodel was never released as a version of ED.

When I actually release it won't even be from Elysium at all.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:46 pm 
Pro

lol, what do you guys have against Xtremeworlds? It's pretty good for a closed source engine.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:51 pm 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: hpmccloud@gmail.com
I've never used it...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:00 pm 

well Jesus didn't expect to get 10 posts overnight. and yes i have bad spelling and grammar i am in school don't worry about it >.> to the Elysium statement no. trust me i have tried that its bullshit.
Matt wrote:
Egon wrote:

Don't do it man. We're so close to getting rid of Elysium!

^^^
i am with that guy on that.
secondly i will look into xtreamworlds. url?
3rldy
Labmonkey wrote:
Some of the other stuff you want to do is extremely simple
viewtopic.php?f=149&t=5384

i know! lol that's why i figured i might as well give it a shot and ask all these programs what they can do because honestly it wouldn't take you guys long at all. and i dunno if i could try learning code. i mean i have tried following the tutorials before but i always f*%# up and end up getting a runtime error and i dunno what the fck that means.
and to answer Acruno. i have tried to make many games before on many engines MS,elysium,konfuze,elysium blue>.>,elysium diamond...,playerworlds,i even tried vbgore at one points that was a disaster. my point is im starting a new game and i know what happens without me having the right engine i map and map and edit and make story lines then i just give up due to the frustration of not having the simplest of features

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:06 pm 
Pro

http://www.mmorpgmaker.org - Xtreme worlds, currently they are trying to get thier databases set back up, but you can download the engine at least.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:12 pm 
Pbcrazy wrote:
http://www.mmorpgmaker.org - Xtreme worlds, currently they are trying to get thier databases set back up, but you can download the engine at least.

Gotta love how he honestly thinks you can make an MMORPG with that engine. ORPG at best.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:19 pm 
Pro

lol ya, but helps to get people to use it :S

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:50 pm 

the page dost not have the download box. and i looked online and it has no where to download it . and personally i would rather stay with mirage source because i am looking for more of my own engine and i love the community. any help on this tell me. thank you also im looking to make a MMORPg not a ORPG. so if xtreamworlds cant do that we got a problem...

Last edited by Tdiddy on Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:54 pm 
Tdiddy wrote:
the page dost not have the download box. and i looked online and it has no where to download it . and personally i would rather stay with mirage source because i am looking for more of my own engine and i love the community. any help on this tell me. thank you

Then you're going to have to learn to program yourself.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:55 pm 

alright i guess i could do it. anyone wanna tell me what MSE4 already has? so i dont go messing around and screwing shit up?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:17 pm 
Pro

lol, your going to have a very hard time making a MMORPG, even in MS4. Largely due to just the limitation of VB6 and Winsock.

I suggest just trying to make a successful ORPG game first.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:18 pm 

or you can stop putting me down and help me out

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:21 pm 
Knowledgeable

Well, what ONE feature do you want most right now? I'm sure we could get you pointed in the right direction.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:25 pm 
Pro

I'm not trying to put you down, I'm just offering some advice. When I started out, I wanted to make a cool MMORPG, and well... it horribly failed. I got in way over my head and it just wasn't a good game. So, to help other people avoid making the same mistake as I did, I suggest starting small and building from that. :)

As far as helping you out, my programming skills stink ATM, and I'm not all that great at graphics. So I'm not much help to you. But just follow Egon's advice and I'm sure someone can help you.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:26 pm 

visual inventory /visual spell box/visual box with all the items equipped on a stick figure with like the durability that changes as it dose in game. #4 and i would really really appreciate this if you did

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:29 pm 
Pro

Please use sentences.