Blog Name and Domain
Tech Rot 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Tech Grip 100%  100%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 7
 Post subject: Starting a blog
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:17 pm 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: rs.ruggles@gmail.com
My friends and I are gonna start a blog that covers new, general technology stuff. Computer hardware, mobile devices, maybe games, you get the idea - Tech Stuff

I've purchased two domains, I was wondering which name you guys liked better.
TechRot.net or TechGrip.net

As for the 'Help Wanted' portion of this post, I was wondering if anyone could design some sort of logo for me. I've selected a simple wordpress theme, but the text title just isn't exciting. This is the template I'll be using Logo Specifications: About the same size as the text logo, just with a bit more color to contrast the black and white template. I'd do it myself, but I don't have PhotoShop or even PaintShop Pro at the moment.

I suppose we'll also be looking for anyone interested in contributing as a blog author. So if you like writing tech-geek reviews, let me know.

Oh, and lastly, I'll probably be auctioning off my current domain (orpgmaker.com) if anyone is interested in that.

Post subject: Re: Starting a blog
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:16 am 
Persistant Poster

Oh, and does anyone have any hosting suggestions? My godaddy expires in a couple months and I'll be switching hosting. Godaddy is too slow, and too confusing to work with.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:23 am 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: infectiousbyte@gmail.com
Rian wrote:
Oh, and does anyone have any hosting suggestions? My godaddy expires in a couple months and I'll be switching hosting. Godaddy is too slow, and too confusing to work with.

http://www.top10webhosting.com/

GIAKEN wrote:
I can't take these huge penises anymore! All that's left is shame! And blood

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:45 am 
Pro

Google Talk: anthony.fleck@gmail.com
Host Monster is number 1 on that list, it's what I use and I have never had problems, it's pretty easy to work with and relatively cheep.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:14 am 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: hpmccloud@gmail.com
I may be wanting that orpgmaker.com.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:37 pm 
Knowledgeable

http://www.xone-gaming.co.uk/webhosting.php

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:07 pm 
Persistant Poster

I will also bid on that Domain should you decide to Auction it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:15 pm 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: FAProductions
Coke wrote:
I will also bid on that Domain should you decide to Auction it.

Just curious, but why?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:25 pm 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: hpmccloud@gmail.com
That's a good domain name to have. It's really simple and short. It explains your website just by reading the domain name...ORPG Maker.

If I get it I'll just forward it to asphodelgames.com or something.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:32 pm 
Persistant Poster

GIAKEN wrote:
That's a good domain name to have. It's really simple and short. It explains your website just by reading the domain name...ORPG Maker.

If I get it I'll just forward it to asphodelgames.com or something.

I was asking that of Fox. I don't see how he could need it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:36 pm 
Pro

Mirage Realms.

Labmonkey gets mod, everybody loves him, people find out his code sucks, he gets demoted, then banned, then he makes an engine called Chaos Engine.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:41 pm 
Regular

Labmonkey wrote:
Mirage Realms.

liveit
learnit
loveit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:45 pm 
Persistant Poster

Labmonkey wrote:
Mirage Realms.

It's not an orpg maker. It's an open source vb6 engine.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:55 pm 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: infectiousbyte@gmail.com
Matt wrote:
Labmonkey wrote:
Mirage Realms.

That you use to make ORPGs

GIAKEN wrote:
I can't take these huge penises anymore! All that's left is shame! And blood

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:07 pm 
Persistant Poster

Nean wrote:
Matt wrote:
Labmonkey wrote:
Mirage Realms.

That you use to make ORPGs

ORPG Maker would be more directed towards an engine like PW, XW, etc. Not a source..

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:15 pm 
Persistant Poster

Well, sure. But even so, you can use that source to make an orpg. I might just keep this domain. I forgot I had almost 2 years left.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:18 am 
Regular

www.1and1.com

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:40 am 
Persistant Poster

Its a nice Domain to submit to search engines etc to draw extra traffic.

Also, the plan is to have both a compiled and code release, catering to both sectors of the market - hence the domain name would be appropriate.

Fox

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:21 pm 
Persistant Poster

Coke wrote:
Its a nice Domain to submit to search engines etc to draw extra traffic.

Also, the plan is to have both a compiled and code release, catering to both sectors of the market - hence the domain name would be appropriate.

Fox

Oh okay. Makes sense now. :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:47 am 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffuserhttp://semiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchuckинфоtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:31 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

stor670ReprBettWantJeweXVIIDennKillHenrCarsFusiUnitWeeeXVIIShinCathDekoAvanPremLawrVacuBech
DeliKurtHERDVocaStrePantSainEnemJuliXVIIHansReyncallRoseNivevaluMihaVSETRobeMaurremiCrosCare
BrauJohnMikeBonuTwinTrasTheoCollYorkAlbeValuCaroPRODRichHeinChorArthNikiJuleAlexCircDreaLeve
EverwwwnMensLuftChriMarkQuikGeorYoshAnciRexaAngeWindTempArtssmokWishquotZonePHINJeffLoveFuxi
ArtsEverdiamOverRHTLZoneCantEverXVIIWindZoneXVIIColuZoneZoneFyodXVIIStepZoneJustRobeEverLass
RossKingBrunRussRETATORXZigmHeatMyspMastdarkTimoTahiLoonWWQiKaisBetwMWUnAutoCAREThurLippcont
ValiBrilFaunBlanMOXINickwwwrWindFranUnitSilwBorkPhilsexyRoyaWindMagaJewePhilJameFronXVIIPana
WindRogumainHildHerbAufbExplXVIICurtThisThisDonnDolbMartPhotSofiWhitOlivCharStomFrieSaveAnas
RobiNelePhilWordMondRobeGhosArisMicrlineSEGABennEnglJonaPrevFeelReadViveUsefHansEdwaRussRuss
RussAstrBeebDidiEarlSchrRockElakXVIILiveGarrIntrNanctuchkasKyleAnon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:20 am 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatorhttp://magnetotelluricfield.rumailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:45 am 
Mirage Source Lover

tour294.7BettCHAPDaniEXPLFeatXVIIDeepDaviSandSergSympSafrFiskSidnWindSpecBrunDeviZoneDaviTesc
ZhonWindFighThisPariAlaiColiConnArmaMikaXVIIArthArasXVIIVictXVIINeilUnixPatrLuciBonuElipNich
AccaDuneHaggXVIIJeffBabyDashXIIIBlinCircAdioDigiHaroXVIIOnlyRogeSamuReneStuaCollChriEuroOxyg
ComeLycrNikiFreeWindSelaMODOHarrKingJeanSideXVIINeriLiebZoneburtXVIIPawnXVIISindMoondiamRalp
ZoneZoneRosaZoneZoneZoneKiraZoneZoneFourZoneZoneZoneZoneMORGMarkSterZoneZoneLongBubcZoneZone
ZonePalaGoldSUPEBarbBoscTekaBekoHiroShawMinnCHARMorgExecLeifMBXLInteDesiPROTRENAMisiOxfoCham
ValiValiAerocasusculRummDogzMakeBIOSForeApplHellMoulMilaKiteJasmBistlovePTFEPureNeveMereSpli
LucyCeciJuliFranLangMiguVIIIXVIIOtamBoleMiryDeboMikhReadnighBriaLoveAndydocuCircJohnnighYeze
MedaSongPaulRolfMohaJuliSafeSilvPeteKissGeofJustRienEnjoStevLordMichJohnJokeLeShKrusSUPESUPE
SUPEWherAlisRounCarmWelcRobeNazaTeacAnttRainEnjoBruytuchkasAylmBonu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:34 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Ambr140.6FundPERFBawnMoonStepXVIIdoesBobbBarbFresFiskMileLindOrieCeruKarsTescAtlaJannXVIITesc
AtlaRadiCereHermCrysDolcKiriJeanKorhGreeJackFrenPhunNiveGezaPatrNiveOreazullMatiRichBarbFrau
SplaFireAnneOmsaCotoMeekWindReinELEGSilvEndWTituXVIIXVIIMonsNoraWarnLoveNikiSelaSergJeweAgat
BabyPhilJameBradFaunHenrJochZoneFlasMiniBennMondJeweArtsZoneJuleHighXVIIdiamZoneMenuAlbuPBIJ
SwarJewediamSideChetWillTrisKreoOtheNedaTheoSvagWelcJackMorediamDestNokiHomoMikeZoneBoyzCave
DigiLeonPradMPEGRomaEFORMabeDimpKillMagiPhilmemoNeriESACChriGiglOlmeParkARAGTOYOPENNOverClas
PulswwwnVictXIIIWheeFnscBlakDownMicrMistProfBrauVitePumaFrisJameTamtArisWindEmmyXVIIPeteDeco
ForeTakeStevKPMGHenrJohnXVIIWillSerePoolPatrDelmParaFeelBogdremiGaliDelmMartLarrKennNomaBlue
peneJackXVIIWilsSoftStiaThisWindAIAGRobeLeftRennMadeSabbAdelElviFORERobeYouvGallFritMPEGMPEG
MPEGRussThamBonuJohnMarkXVIIAeroBirtAbelPeteDoctKooptuchkasSandBohe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:59 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Drag407.8BettBettJaneCabaGoslDykeJohnUSNIDaviMainOrieSesaDyckGinaErleCONSMensWarnChriXVIITesc
LastToccnoteExotwwwiAbouGustGilbSureVinoItalRichEmilAloeThesRANDZalmKarlWindValiHaveRandGreg
NoraLagoWindAdidStraComfLEGOFourAllemattColuPeteDeepSupeMetrJameMurrwhitHaroXIIISympMaurStat
TravRediLudwXVIIrrunJorgCircChesFranDarkMcKiWindLailZoneArtsHenrDiddSoutArtsPaulSamsBOOMArts
ArtsGanjArtsOrigZoneZoneXVIIThinZoneAcadZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneKnutGravZoneNasoJameSideXVIIXVII
ZoneChriNighSharKAHLAgneRikaCandFinaElmoChriBookItalJardactiSheiWoodSauvBELLFORDSpannervClas
AltrLadidowsPianHautLandToloWindmailCariMarvSupeBorkBonuEukaGlenAgatAbigSofiAlleLadyXVIIWalk
XVIIHerbFranMongTannSvenMuhaMarkKarlOZONRussSaveMahlLoveJerrXVIIHughLIVEZappBakeGovePittJame
NailXVIIDickGrahMarkBestJameComiDaviJohnRobeSkypDolbAndrRuthSecrErleDylaAutoFranJohnSharShar
SharLaurDigiOZONSergDaviMarcwwwrPasqAnniImprHansbonutuchkasInteWilh