Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: The Pendulum Online
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:10 pm 
A joint effort of me and Sonire.

Here is an early stage of development, with a not quite finished "GUI"

Yes, the game is full screen, the maps DO fit to an 800x600 screen res.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:21 pm 
Pro

looks like it's going well so far. might want to look into semi-transparent forms... that's what i did, and i combined it with "always on top" forms, that way players could move the chat box around, and it looked like the more "professional" 3d mmorpgs out there. i still have the code if you'd like it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:26 pm 
Sure, problem is, my computer just died again, it'll work in awhile prolly.

If you want to share the code, post it, otherwise, PM it to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:29 pm 
Pro

i'll post it when i get home, i'm at work right now and i don't have access to it. but, it uses an API for the semi-transparent forms so i'm not sure if it'll work on Win95 systems...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:40 pm 
Eh, alot of stuff going in the game works only with nt based systems, so, one of the requirements is going to prolly be windows xp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:59 pm 
Pro

there are 2 tutorials to do that here already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:19 pm 
Knowledgeable

What form on top?

Code:
Private Declare Function SetWindowPos Lib "user32" (ByVal hWnd As Long, _
    ByVal hWndInsertAfter As Long, ByVal X As Long, ByVal Y As Long, _
    ByVal cx As Long, ByVal cy As Long, ByVal wFlags As Long) As Long

Const SWP_NOSIZE = &H1
Const SWP_NOMOVE = &H2
Const SWP_SHOWWINDOW = &H40
Const HWND_NOTOPMOST = -2
Const HWND_TOPMOST = -1

' Set a form always on the top.
'
' the form can be specified as a Form or object
' or through its hWnd property
' If OnTop=False the always on the top mode is de-activated.

Sub SetAlwaysOnTopMode(hWndOrForm As Variant, Optional ByVal OnTop As Boolean = _
    True)
    Dim hWnd As Long
    ' get the hWnd of the form to be move on top
    If VarType(hWndOrForm) = vbLong Then
        hWnd = hWndOrForm
    Else
        hWnd = hWndOrForm.hWnd
    End If
    SetWindowPos hWnd, IIf(OnTop, HWND_TOPMOST, HWND_NOTOPMOST), 0, 0, 0, 0, _
        SWP_NOMOVE Or SWP_NOSIZE Or SWP_SHOWWINDOW
End Sub

Google found that ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:25 pm 
I only have one question about that, if you place the form on top, how is a player possed to move and what not? Do you move all that code to the transparent form, or what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:11 pm 
Pro

you can make the form dragable if they mouse down on either of the text boxes, or the form itself. i'll upload the code for you tonight... if i can remember to do it... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:21 pm 
No, I mean, when the player is walking and what not. Since the transparent form will be on top, the keypresses won't work in frmmirage.

Well, to my knowledge anyways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:39 pm 
Pro

why would you want the keypresses to move the character in the textbox?. It prevents them from selecting text with their keyboard and such since the arrow keys would move the character, I think its good like that. But whatever, they can just click the screen if they want to interact again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:15 am 
Um, you always twist what I say.

I meant, if you jsut lay a form over the main form, then how is the game going to process the keys, such as moving the player and what not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:33 am 
Knowledgeable

I think i figgered what i didnt like about vbmodaless

It always activated the window, with the code i gave you it had the option to activate or not. I think its pretty similar to renegades code above

Anyway, about the processing kes thing, you can have the option to not activate the window when its set on top, so the window underneath still has control.

Either that or you convert over to directinput, which isnt that bad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:58 pm 
Oh, okay. I'll prolly be messaging you later for some help dealing with that. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:53 pm 
Pro

Here's the example for semi-transparent forms. the amount is adjustable so it can be more or less transparent.

http://xthost.info/endieko/Semi-Transparent%20Forms.rar

Post subject: Re: The Pendulum Online
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:55 pm 

dose any one have this file?

The link above has gone dead.

Last edited by Blue Fly on Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:07 pm 
Knowledgeable

Blue Fly wrote:
dose any one have this file? The link above has gone dead.

Quote:
Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:53 pm

You don't need a file. Use Search button & look for the Script to do it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:17 pm 

Mattyw wrote:
Blue Fly wrote:
dose any one have this file? The link above has gone dead.

Quote:
Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:53 pm

You don't need a file. Use Search button & look for the Script to do it.

I have tried searching and cant find any example or a good explination of the problem. I can get the box to be semi transparent over the map, but then if flashes every time the map is re-drawn (or built). I know it has something to do with the FPS or that the txt box is a windows fourm control object thingy and the map is not. Something to that nature is the problem.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:23 pm 
Knowledgeable

Convert to DX8.

That's my answer, all WILL be alot easier & look so much epicer on DX8. =-p

Well, could BLT or whatever the text ONTO the Game Screen, then it moves depending on TextBox location.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:17 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: Darunada@gmail.com
If the effect is the same, who cares how it was done? ;)

I am a professional software developer in Salt Lake City, UT.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:16 pm 
Pro

Google Talk: anthony.fleck@gmail.com
Lea wrote:

Aren't you the one who told me that there is always a better way to do something ;).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:00 am 
Knowledgeable

Lea wrote:

Robin :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:51 am 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffuserhttp://semiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchuckинфоtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:57 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Book831.6ReprBettGrooNatuJeroDaleJeffJeanSonyJuicIntewwwdSortRondSveiSongEditQuinRichWindJack
TescXVIIParvChriLacaBylyVinoKlauHenrSharLeigBreaRemiStevPlaiXaviAlanWhitHomoJeweRondABBYSang
BodyKateGodlMikeOmsaJoseJanuMariRobeblacbrowWillClauMortNokiDreaOscaTommMarcNikiOsirJeweLlik
JeweDolcGiacNeedOSCAWindAntoJoseKenjNivaFilmWindDigiJeweFuxiBusiGoodFlyiMiyoZoneEUROStevZone
ZoneSampHappIsisJoseZonePascEaglRichMiloZoneBrenRolaZoneGladVIIIBarbDolbEdwaStilAlbeChupDolb
VignSaviPeteDockAnnoTreeSamsSamsLEGODaviFionZamaDownOlmeForsMistReitBoleFerdTOYORussHistXviD
ApexEditTrefBlanMoxiWindmotiOxfoWindSamsForeViteViteMagiRoyaDailMachRobeXVIITrevJungWolfDigi
CaptParkDaviGenrHeroRuttHonoHenrHappSeenOverRobeHipnDownMicrXVIIcybeJonaWhenPartEricPeteJess
ClasEleaJonaRichMarkGoogLaceWitcConcISBNAcadBenjJohnMichRobeJackEliyXVIIStevFinaLeneDockDock
DockAstrJeweCoveMALTDietSergSoilXVIIYourMichMoneVIIItuchkasTascHect

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:46 am 
Mirage Source Lover

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтmagnetotelluricfieldсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next