Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sprites try
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:38 pm 

I tried to create some sprites, it's one of my first tries at pixel art so don't be to hard on me :P .
I like the one in armor, but there is something wrong with the other two, I think it are the small eyes :?
Comment please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:54 pm 
Knowledgeable

Yea, the eyes make them look... scarey? Dead even.

Other than that I actually like them lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:05 pm 
I think they look like they're strung out on crack. Lol. I don't care too much for them, but they're not bad for your first try.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm 

Lol, thanks.
Here is a small update, he looks less stoned now I hope :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:23 pm 
Less stoned? Yes. More Paranoid? Most Def.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:38 pm 

Maybe he looks less paranoid when he is happy XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:38 am 
Pro

wow i definately got you and Vans mixed up... unless i missed something... i saw first try and i was like what the hell? anyways, yeah they're not too bad, try using a lighter shade for the little guy though, he's got that "i'm still alive but really 'dead' look going on" type of thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:33 am 
Knowledgeable

Obsidian wrote:
wow i definately got you and Vans mixed up... unless i missed something... i saw first try and i was like what the hell? anyways, yeah they're not too bad, try using a lighter shade for the little guy though, he's got that "i'm still alive but really 'dead' look going on" type of thing.

Yeah i was going to say the same thing.. But i realised Van is missing an 's'.. But yeah.. It doesnt look too bad.. If thats the type of style you are going for.. It all depends on style i reckon.. Make tiles, items, to suit and it should look fine.. :wink:

And yeah, i love the knight.. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:25 pm 
You should try to make him look forward, as much as possible. Check sprites that were ripped from games for an example, it would look alot better. Also, make the eyes a bit bigger, imo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:55 pm 

Ah, just noticed vans, quite confusing indeed :o , well since his art is like 10x as good as mine it won't be hard to seperate XD.

How about this one?
He looks a 'lil sad now, but at least not paranoid/high on crack :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:33 pm 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: rs.ruggles@gmail.com
I hope you don't mind me playing with your sprite, but when you posted the sad looking one (right above this post) I kinda had an idea. Here's the one I edited very slightly the eyes only. I hope it helps you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:24 pm 

Thanks, sure go ahead and edit it as much as you want, I'm learning from it :P .
The eyes from the one you posted are better, more friendly, thanks.

Some more clothes:
ImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:33 pm 
Knowledgeable

yeh i thought you was Vans i was like wtf your pro xD.

Good work, i attempted pixeling, but i suck :D. good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:34 pm 

Thanks, I'm not that good at pixeling eather (this is the best I can do ), I prefer coding above pixeling but my game needs Gfx to right :P .
I gave to knight a sword, what do you think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:30 pm 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: rs.ruggles@gmail.com
I think that you either should remove the black border from the sprite, or ad one to the sword

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:54 pm 

Well Van i saw your little guy he was how do u say nice looking so i decided to add a touch of my abilities with him and vwala your little bald guy has become the little blad guy with emtions

Lighter Skin More Shadeing:

Peoples Eyebrow:

Evil:

Crying:

Blinking:

and who evers my coder go to my website u'll see the sprites i'll be useing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:08 pm 

Awesome, thanks, he looks really cool now ^^.
I made some weapons for my old friends:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:25 pm 

if you want me to do anything else to him make some cloths or anything just pm me.

http://www.narutolife.homestead.com

Last edited by Soccertise on Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:00 pm 
Knowledgeable

Soccertise wrote:
and it doesn't cost anyone a penny.

Except the poor saps who use Google Adwords to advertise something..

FYI, what you just asked is against the Google ToS.. (In case you were wondering.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:02 pm 
Pro

Verrigan wrote:
Soccertise wrote:
and it doesn't cost anyone a penny.

Except the poor saps who use Google Adwords to advertise something..

FYI, what you just asked is against the Google ToS.. (In case you were wondering.)

That it is. And if they would see it they would remove you account... but they wont.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:05 pm 
Knowledgeable

halla wrote:
And if they would see it they would remove you account... but they wont.

Mwahahaha :P

[edit]
Oh yeah... Don't just assume they won't see it.. Believe me. I know people who thought they were getting all kinds of money from Google, until Google reviewed their account (prior to paying them) and found out they were violating their ToS.. So yeah..

Hint: If you post something on the web, Google's bots can see it. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:41 pm 
Regular

I made some obscure post on the forum on Elysium and google picked it up the next day and sent an email giving me a warning that my account may be canceled if I do it again. I've set it up so that I can't see the ads any longer on the forum because I had a habit of clicking on them myself (also against TOS).

By the way, you can report somebody for violating the TOS. I've done it a few times for a few sites I don't like...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:44 pm 
Regular

nice work, sprites in 32 x 32 is hard to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:51 pm 

Thanks, the problem is that the sprites are 32x32 but I forgot that the equipment (hats and swords) make the sprites bigger >.<
Here is a small update with better shading:
ImageImageImageImageImage
(it's a ninja, knight, farmer, hitman and wizard :P )

Post subject: Re: Sprites try
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:46 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.ruсайтsemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoningtechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.ruhttp://temperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru