Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:57 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Delete Account
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:20 am 
Knowledgeable

Hey guys/girls as you know I started from a blank version of MSE, but I noticed a problem with it's frmDeleteAccount.... I was looking at it for a few minutes, and well I'll just give the code.

Code:
Private Sub lblConnect_Click()
If Trim(txtName.Text) <> "" And Trim(txtPassword.Text) <> "" Then
Call MenuState(MENU_STATE_LOGIN)
ElseIf Trim(txtName.Text) = "" And Trim(txtPassword.Text) = "" Then
Call MsgBox("Please enter your login name and password!", vbOKOnly)
ElseIf Trim(txtName.Text) = "" Then
Call MsgBox("Please enter your login name!", vbOKOnly)
ElseIf Trim(txtPassword.Text) = "" Then
Call MsgBox("Please enter your password!", vbOKOnly)
End If
End Sub

Note: this is from MSE frmDeleteAccount

and then theres this one
Code:
End If
End Sub
this is from form login... Now I'm pretty sure if you look over both of them you'll see what I noticed was wrong. Now I'm not sure if this whats up with it but no player can delete there account(you actually have to ask a admin to delete it for you) could someone please assisst me in fixing this, becaus I have tried multiple things but nothing works.

Thanks in advance,
Korrey D.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::EDIT:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Nevermind I fixed it... for anyone who has the same problem I did(which seems to be just in general in MSE) open your frmDeleteAccount and double click picconnect and replace the code

Code:
End If
End Sub

with
Code:
Private Sub picConnect_Click()
        Call MenuState(MENU_STATE_DELACCOUNT)
    End If
End Sub

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:44 pm 
Persistant Poster

Frm delete account before deletes individual characters (i believe)

;o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:00 pm 
Knowledgeable

It seemed to not even do that for me, it was somewhat like this
example
1. click delete acount
2. type name & password
3. hit enter and start playing the game

That doesn't seem right to me, well anyway with that code it fixes it and actually delete's the account.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:44 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: Darunada@gmail.com
Dont worry about deleting accounts... this day and age, when people have more hard disk space than the super computers of four years ago, a couple KB in an account file is nothing :)

Dispite what they say, deleting your accounts does not speed up your server.

I am a professional software developer in Salt Lake City, UT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:01 pm 
Knowledgeable

Yeah but none theless I still want the option to be there for 'em

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:00 pm 
I took the option out. I hate it when I get players coming to me saying things like:

"I clicked the wrong thing, and deleted my account, is it possible for me to get it back?"

Some people are stupid, so, I've been taking anything out like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:08 pm 
Knowledgeable

Yeah but I think of it like this, if there stupid, there stupid, that's there problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:21 pm 
Knowledgeable

Well.. Just remember that... Your user-base is "stupid".. (I don't really think that. :))

You don't have to take stuff out in these cases.. Just simply make sure it is an in-your-face kind of thing.. When they go to delete their character, make it pop up (full screen? :P) with a message saying: THIS WILL DELETE YOUR CHARACTER (or ACCOUNT). Please enter your password for confirmation. (Or even better... make them login to set a deletion password before being able to delete. :))

Then if they delete their account/character.. So sad.. too bad.. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:46 pm 
I don't really want people able to delete whole accounts. I'm going to implement a warning system as well, where if I warn a player, that character can not be deleted, as it might store some information about whether or not that player was involved in some shady business, and if they delete the character or the account, how can I find this stuff out?

Alot of people are stupid, but not all, but I don't have the paitence for those messages.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:49 pm 
Knowledgeable

Yeah, the thing here though is that when you click DELETEACCOUNT, it says "YOUR ON THE PATH TO DELETING A CHARACTER" then the commands yes/no, so if there dumb enough to click "YES" after reading that, than they deserve to have it deleted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:28 pm 
Persistant Poster

The ONLY thing that can come of character/account deletion is if people get hacked, they lose everything =P

WHY NOT INSTEAD of deleting accounts, simply have it copy that account to a deleted folder then delete the original account. Then you have backups incase anyone fucks up/is hacked.

Or just have it rename the account file to deleted-acc num- or some such

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:36 pm 
Regular

I don't know about DarkX, but I tried that a week ago, and what it wound up doing was deleting my accounts everytime a new one was made.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:58 pm 
Then apparently, you made something in the wrong area. To do that, you would just need to edit the menu state delete account stuff, nothing else. So, I don't know why that happened to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:23 am 
Regular

I'm not sure what I did either, but I forgot anyway. But actually DarkX made another post and I was wondering if anyone had any idea what was wrong cuz I'm having the same problem here's a link http://ms.shannaracorp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=447 please assist, thanks later

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:08 am 
Knowledgeable

Advocate wrote:
I took the option out. I hate it when I get players coming to me saying things like:

"I clicked the wrong thing, and deleted my account, is it possible for me to get it back?"

Some people are stupid, so, I've been taking anything out like that.

Simple solution...

If InputBox(Are you sure?) ... etc.etc.etc
If InputBox(Positive?)... etc.etc.etc
If InputBox(Absolutely want to?)... etc.etc.etc
If InputBox(You know there's no turning back?)... etc.etc.etc
If InputBox(Okay to proceed?)... etc.etc.etc
If InputBox(100% okay with your decision?)... etc.etc.etc
If InputBox(Gunna PM an admin saying you accidently deleted your account after clicking okay 6 times allready?)... etc.etc.etc
If InputBox(Account deleted, have a nice day)... etc.etc.etc

Lol... and then make a little piece of code like the following:

**** Note this is for my own personal ammusement *****

[CLIENT]

Code:
       Call SendData("CLICKAGE" & SEP_CHAR & END_CHAR)

[SERVER]

Code:
       If LCase(Parse(0)) = "clickage" Then
              Call PutVar(app.path & "\data\hehe.ini", "HEHE", "HEHE", GetPlayerName(index) & " clicked 'em all hehe!")
       End If

Then post the stats on your website for all to see ! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:14 am 
Regular

I think that I'm just going to put the delete account lbl inside once you've logged in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:57 pm 
Knowledgeable

Shadow Dragon wrote:
I think that I'm just going to put the delete account lbl inside once you've logged in.

That wroks too I guess :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:58 pm 
Knowledgeable

Yeah I already did that, and now I'm working on making a SPRPG that you can select in the main menu
exmaple
Menu List

Single Player
Multi-Player
Quit

then when you click multi-player it brings up the usual menu, and when you click SP you get a menu that has
New Account - New character
Delete Account - Delete character
Quit

(probably not going to add new/delete account, also the SPRPG is going to use DX8 and I'll be working on converting MSE and MS3.0.3./.7 to DX8)

Post subject: Re: Delete Account
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:43 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Viss326.7CHAPGlauHiroDrDrAmerPictTotoPaulRobeXVIIOrieGregJohnWaltToleJaynMASTDiamHENNHaroOrie
DeanDaemnoteMassJeweKareVIIIPatrEllaEugeInteBoheMPEGLacaMargAntoBabyKarlPatrBonuBradGiniHans
DailZonePhilShanAmarTourMornFallLakaXVIIPockXVIIIchaFlorYvesPaulBelaFeliXVIIFranSympYounMart
AndeErleWindPlanKeviOsirMODOLogiLuigAlmoFrieWindCircMotsArtsNikoNancquotRHINCartEmotZoneArts
MystZoneArtsZoneZoneZoneThomZoneZoneJohaZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneIrviSlovZoneZoneInteFranZoneZone
ZoneVocaElisCMOSFragTokyAskoSamsTerrHappLewiFirsDaliDonaWallStayMistPierLanzHayaWateHandtrac
SporSampEditPeteGinkMajoToloWindWindWindCreaRoweChouPureEukaExceYourDefiPhilWindForeGaveKiss
CitiMitcJeffXVIINapoDaveEugeSachXVIIndowDiffWilhBriaXVIIAlekBeatSmokDaviCoryKrisVictFaszGior
LaurRobiHansHeinTracJaneHarrFrewDistEvolXVIIMaheBioSVIIIAtomSubwLottHappXVIIDownSereCMOSCMOS
CMOSTotaJostIntrKidsEmilIntrFeatRaisAdveDiltThreLovetuchkasCALSanim

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:09 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

osta248.7CHAPCHAPJalaRailZaraPeteCharJohnBabyBranTescLittPetrWestMegaAdobfrenDaviWillAbraMeal
XVIIKarlMichSaraCeceGunnPoulFaraKlauBriaFranSufimastDoveXVIIHonoMagiGillPatrWomeBeauXVIISlip
PatrZoneMillcontAmarTrasTrasGatsAcceAdioIronHenrEtniGeorJudyrendXVIIJohaAlfrWestAlleXVIISamb
wwwrPaulHarrsizeContCircNikiWindXVIILakaGeorWindRobaChloLAPILameXVIIPattArtsEricFallZoneArts
IntrZonePerlZonediamZoneXVIIASASZoneComiZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneJuliGravZoneZoneDolbBenjZoneZone
ZoneBonhXVIIBioVXVIIBLQASonyArisBookSupeDaniGianPETEVeniXeniWoodZENIOeufSuprWindPhilEsseGips
CleaValiEditGlobHellHellLittMorpWindwwwnApprPanaRuyaNinaRoyaNichAttaGeneHenrJohnDianTalcTile
TOEFWillMickIrisXVIIXVIIHansEmilShowFiguEtheGaliXVIIPresDmitYorkSiroJuichandArnaBarrEugeToon
MobiForeMartDellSideMargAeroRobeRoseImpeUriaMichPLUSChriUlysElecElviJeffWindStanGeraBioVBioV
BioVMagnLikewwwaThreFreeMisaHansNeveLittwwwbMicrNeiltuchkasSimoPaul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:01 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatorhttp://magnetotelluricfield.rumailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:29 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Econ183.8BettaddiBonuFromXVIIRhiaRemiNormTrisYestElseConcXVIIWerePensDormTescKosiNgaiJuliJohn
XboxIrisClueJohnFernSidePhilXVIIJuleAfteRichFridHearHerbTurnAlexOrigGreeWanaTommDECTArchKiss
ShirBenoHUMMJohnConcVictMajeClanEverBecoGardVisaLoveXVIICanoFranJohnZebrDewsDaleZebrSympGood
ColuDynaWindLuciPennKohlSelaGeorYoshWindLoveMediElegZoneRSGARoelNotaquotZoneZoneSonyGeorFuxi
SwarChridiamSuffZoneZoneEarlZoneZoneCharZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneRothDolbZoneZoneJeweRajnSallLevi
ZoneLoviMirohandRafaKronSamsCataBookSonyBookVictJardRivoreveYPenYallPierpuzzFormDussmediIris
CleaBraiThinVasiWaleAnimWorlWindWindWindWinxSmilfrieIncaFrisAnthPipeHunkRitcPIMSBustBuzzXVII
WindXVIITRIGXVIIPresSearMarkThomGipsCharTatsCapoJackDolbEvilJourEggeIslaJeweLoveVeilHeavGior
FortSimoPhilEnjoBernMiloServwwwnRamoAndrBrenHortJohnStevStanAlthEnidOpenClarOZONKonihandhand
handMicrBarbDagmCokiAhhTKumaThrouglyFiatTaleMichZerotuchkasWindVirg

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:56 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

ming148CHAPPERFcuddSeleMichJorgJuanGainPolaMichMikhZdobFiskFredThomKurtJohnScotHeinWindMore
KosmJameXVIIPonsBlatDaviArthFantSOCOLamuXVIIGordMichJaneAntoKeenMariGilbGuilSebaTescLaveRama
CleaFantXXIXSigmMusiYukoJuleVinoFourFourCircVashByinVIIIMatiSelaVideavanBryaYasuGregBarbMemo
SimsCotoSelaAltaWindSelaSelaElizJameMacbRockParaCircZoneZoneSmooZonequotImreMikaCircZonemail
ZoneMiyoCheaZoneZoneMozaRitaZoneZoneFireZoneZoneZoneJackZoneClanVincZoneZoneGregJeweZoneZone
ZoneDeadKingPCIeSmitWAISHousCandGradNaruFlipStudBookPolaGranisteTolsSeinPhilBlauCotoSuppPopM
AlabTeleBeadColoBlanXaviEmpiAdobTellWindRembOregViteCartKiteArisFiesToreWelcArmaSladMimiSofi
EverHateJoseJameWaltLongVIIIXVIIultiFredDeatKladMoreMourBookTracMechalbuRogeMichPiraEugeArth
NailNataRichTregDescGothJeweSponPartPeteJeanWICKRuthSupeClifJacqNintEoinCatsWillEnglPCIePCIe
PCIeLiarLewiSoulGlucDangsongkBitKlauJeweLeShFredhelmtuchkasAlfrFata

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:54 am 
Mirage Source Lover

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:45 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Terr295.6BettCHAPGeorMedlHandStanAshwSplaDixiBoonMisiUndeFiskVariTombRemiJasoChemZoneLoveBrit
DonnPoweBettEnteDaviChriXVIIWritRichMoisPelhRobeCorrSvevWWWRBriaGesiSaleMatiFollPeteGailKris
PatrHeleSigmCaroVoltPierFlemJudsFallFallTrusMariLegeLXXIChelFaraLoweNikiAnurFranDaleElmoOxyg
WindLouithesMotoWindSelaRoxyFranBladNorwBlutJamePeteWildZoneMahlNotaMondSilvQuatUnbeArtsmail
ZoneZoneIntoZoneZoneZoneSpenZoneZoneMcGoZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneFilmXVIIZoneZoneFranSeniZoneZone
ZoneplaqDarrGUARPiraSamsShinMielPoisDaviEeyoWintMorgPerfLeifProtExpeNadiPROTVOLVIntronlyClas
BearSonsFerrBlanHautVtecTinyGaryJeweBorkplacsupeMoulHugoKiteNeedKaraBoomXVIIKeepCrasAndeUniv
VirgdestXVIIArisHausViceKarlOZONASchWEEKAnimMasaVictIronMariRainNeshHighMicrAlisKaspKennLill
DragEnglXVIIMoniEasyMaryJuleXVIIRuthHectMichBuilTuttFOREExtemailwwwrHullAdobDebiSLOVGUARGUAR
GUARwwwmArnoKoniLaurLucyRobbNazaJesuPaulCyntMarrLovituchkasVihmBitt