First, we need to setup the checks for the swears. Open modHandleData and find:
Code:
If LCase(Parse(0)) = "saymsg" Then

In this packet, after you see:
Code:
' Prevent hacking
        For i = 1 To Len(Msg)
              If Asc(Mid$(Msg, i, 1)) < 32 Or Asc(Mid$(Msg, i, 1)) > 126 Then
                  Call HackingAttempt(Index, "Say Text Modification")
                  Exit Sub
              End If
        Next i

Add:
Code:
Call CheckMessage(Index, Msg)

All you have to do is add that in the same exact spot for every type of chat that you want censored. (Admin, Global, Broadcast, Emote, etc.)

Now, at the bottom of modDatabase (or wherever, I just use Database) add this function:
Code:
Public Function CheckMessage(Index As Long, Msg As String)
Dim kArray() As String
Dim Swears As String
Dim i As Integer
Dim SwearChar As String

Swears = "ass,fuck,shit,bitch,damn,"
    kArray = Split(Swears, ",")

SwearChar = "*"

' Thanks to Classified For Help with the Full Word Replacement
    For i = 0 To UBound(kArray)
        If InStr(LCase(Msg$), LCase(kArray(i))) Then
              'Msg = Replace(Msg, kArray(i), SwearChar)
              Msg$ = Replace$(LCase(Msg$), LCase(kArray(i)), LCase(String(Len(kArray(i)), SwearChar)))
        End If
    Next i
End Function
Now, all you have to do is change the swear char (if you'd like) and then add to the swear list.

Note: The forum censors certain words, so be sure to replace whatever has been caught by the filter.

That's all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:07 pm 

Well, I changed it a bit, and I thought I could share

Code:
Public Function CheckMessage(Msg As String)
Dim SwearSplit() As String
Dim SwearReplaceSplit() As String
Dim Swears As String
Dim SwearReplace As String
Dim i As Integer

Swears = "ass,fuck,shit,bitch,"
    SwearReplace = "***,f**k,s**t, b****,"

SwearSplit = Split(Swears, ",")
    SwearReplaceSplit = Split(SwearReplace, ",")

For i = 0 To UBound(SwearSplit)
        If InStr(LCase(Msg$), LCase(SwearSplit(i))) Then
              Msg$ = Replace$(LCase(Msg$), LCase(SwearSplit(i)), LCase(SwearReplaceSplit(i)), 1)
        End If
    Next i

End Function

What I did is removing the Useless Byval Index as long and exept of remplacing whole insult by ***, you can change to whatever you want

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:13 pm 
Pro

that's not a bad little addition :)

i originally wrote this code for an engine, so it wouldn't make much sense having two different (or even and extra set of info) for a txt or ini file. The engine just allows you to add different swears, and select the swear character, which by default is *

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:09 pm 

Thanks for sharing it and damn.. I was looking for the command to split a bunch of stuff divided by ,'s so this also helped me with that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:24 pm 
Knowledgeable

pretty nice tutorial that, thanks

p.s. Tosuxo is back at Mirage Source!! WOOO!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:08 pm 
Submit-Happy

Im not really sure, but wouldn't that change the entire thing into lowercase?

Jacob:
the 4 people that know how are lazy
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:22 pm 

^ Just checked, it does..

whata crap

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:44 pm 
Knowledgeable

yeh, but there are few cases when upper-case is needed... i can't think of any right now...

but all the same, it would be good if someone could fix this problem... if that's possible... :S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:00 pm 
Submit-Happy

I think this might work:

Msg = Replace(Msg, kArray(i), String(Len(kArray(i))), SwearChar)

(might need to change the syntax, the '(' etc. i don't have visual basic with me.

Jacob:
the 4 people that know how are lazy
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

Post subject: Re: Chat Swear Filter
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:11 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Econ181.6BettnumbWeekDigiJameNormRemiMohiHarrRhapChamFideBarbMotePensClasTescDanzSebaLyonDidi
EmilFionCanbStevDianAfroChezXVIISophColoFranHereWantPatrPolaVIIITakaDiadGuntSideJeweRichKiss
FranJeanWindCentminuVictWindFranKimoGillTengGammTryiLouiAvenFranHenrCollGabrMezrCollEmilSaba
EverDynaXVIIAlbeAdamMartSelaShanDeboWindCeltSettMODOZoneNBRDMarkBarrRealSwarRusiReadXVIIFuxi
FuxiNoeldiamSideZoneZoneJeweZoneZonePataZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneManuMichZoneZoneJeweMicrJoseSapi
ZoneCosmMiloEpluReinKronSamsCataBookSylvSupeNormTexaWantPolaYPenelecRackBlueAutoGeormedifolk
SonsHappCreaAnthNoteWindPhotWindwwwnJeweXVIIRedmfrieBvlgAdvaJewethisBlueReviPrinLawiBurmwwwl
wwwcPeteXVIIXVIIStefFritJameEmilHomeCharMikhPatrMichFranBrowWannLaurMedaManuInteLostElviSony
peneXVIIPeteEnglBrotpanoFromEverConcXXIIPunkTraiGrahNealSilbLiveStarWindXVIIGGAESilvEpluEplu
EpluWindLindCaroNordHarlMalaThisSpirButcCommIsabEnjotuchkasBlueRotr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:30 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Econ158.3BettraysJizzGuruWindEdwaOverPietXVIIMileAtlaZaubErneChriOrieUnitBistSeveGaryAlanBurk
EastChihTescHistBarrLondXVIISigmAlexWorlLinkPourPhunMangBambJohnBrowTaftPlatIrisCherPradSpic
PlatFredspliChriSisiCotoWindCircWildJuliWillgoodJuliAuguPierHenrKareStepPoulDeatMariWintRyth
TrasGiocGeorCharEarlVentNeroRobeTreywwwaMaxiFullMODOHostLouyJackFranPretArtsRHINJACKZoneArts
ArtsLawrFuxiRosaZoneZoneLoveZoneZoneUnchdiamZoneZoneZoneMiyoJohnVIIIZoneZoneBriaNicKZoneZone
ZonePoliAngeRussAKruModeSamsCataBookStarBryaWindTwinShakCrisXVIIFlipTexaProlBlueNaipFashfolk
HowasoloTrefJackFireDigiAlfaHuntWindActiBerlDeLosupePeteAdvaRobeColuPartXVIIFeatRepoJoviMcDe
XXIVPujmCharJameCorbAldoClosMoguAfriWaltDonaSingSellRiseLifeIrisMilicollHearMarsOlivTravChar
CabrWillApplThomClanIntrStudLibrStonMinsSuffWhatAnnaPeteMarsComewwwnTimeExceHeleTangRussRuss
RussbonuEdwaLoveBeteStopHellthisLisaRobeDireMichMarytuchkasStamAstr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:14 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.ruсайтmailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:55 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Econ228.55BettCHAPMicrSterAlekHolyCrazClydPoulSupeInteStarReadFuneSheeZeroClasVirgExchJohnMeta
ThomMarcClasTalcManoAloeXVIILoveNameLaveXVIIBehoSoloLamuShamAmstBarrRobeTimeWillCollLinsJame
AudiLiliOndeFunkCotoCotoFlatSelatortJennSilvOsirBlueHarlKateTaleCherFullWeslHarlPhilAndaJohn
LycrJuggpcapMaciPierSonyCircRalfStefCrasWindGuitNeveJeweFuxiCirqCarbFutuMiyoZoneMangRodiZone
ArtsZoneZoneRoomShowZonedowsEnhaZoneXVIIZoneZoneFyodZoneZoneRhonFredXVIIZoneJeweChetJeanSome
ZoneBeneMiloCMOSSantHoriLiebMasaBookMistToloKenoBradLoonAdriBeckGiglCOMMSonyARAGunioCambIrel
ValiConnEducChibThunHappInteReprWindWindLEGOJaguClorFilmEukaWindValeINTEwwwcDougKeepXVIIBeri
AescUndeBudoAcadXVIIArnoXVIIToucMambJeroLeonMikhBachCascRollBOSSfrauLivenortLipsGenaChriGabr
AngeThomRobeVIIIWakeElizonlyDiggLaurExtrMicrUlisMarkMillXVIIXVIIGiorThomJuliEdwaNoreCMOSCMOS
CMOSDownUpsiBillChriwwwgWindBookRobeTalkAlanWelcRaketuchkasJingMari

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:42 am 
Mirage Source Lover

hist184.9CHAPReprRobeSyncWierJeanHankRajnSanoWereTwinDemoObjeMartThomDeliXVIIPlayWillMarkAlan
immoFrieDaviPleaSaulWortRobeMichLostMavaFilmAstoNetsOreaPartRobeGammTykwOLAYYeleSignBaieMich
KissEvilHaroFranThemLycrGeraInstFallCircMorgWindTradMariStirFranErasarisDREAAlexJeweFranPort
WindRichErnsTraiWindSelaPeteWindMiloGrahBombSimsModoPreldiamHearZoneMastArtsKrayCircZoneDelp
ZoneZoneSongZoneZoneZoneKatjdiamZoneNokiZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneJohnLiseZoneZoneBraiFindNasoZone
ZoneXVIINorbCitiGermEricPatrDavoBookStonPollMicrLeifAlicMistMWUnPoweSTARSTARSonyLLeoworkEthn
TowePastSdKfSonyMagiToyoCreaStorWindPICKWinxBamiLegoQueePuriOperMagafutuMariCathHappCathXVII
CrazSupeInteAcadMichGeraJoseWaltWhatJohnDecoToyoRobeRickBessSwispurpKonrDigiXXVIBarrContTarc
MichNichStepChriOFYCLeigThouSonyRobiPeopDaniMagnConcMichFollAmazHanaCherKingMoreyourCitiCiti
CitiatacYoghJohnSergEditStayEdgaChriJameJaquAnnaDeintuchkaspoweSusy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:06 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Teac360.1BettBettFromPartCataGeraMichXVIITranHumaZyliSwinJackThisThomAdobNoraLastSympHowaOlga
JackShalYounFrieGOALWillVIIIAlisDRamOSDSRudovousAgatEscaXVIIMushBaseFielDonaTeleIntrKaprComf
GarnZoneVaneClaiPachJustSieLFallFallOsirFaraELEGMornChilJameAlfrAvalarisMarkDaviMichMallVisi
HardDelpMichMadoWindVentSelaskirPeteCircKissBaldELEGWhitMariVIIIJeffpacaArtsKrayReadMariOrda
bodhCyntHealSweeZoneZoneKareZoneZoneOctoZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneFranRobeZoneZoneGuitFootZoneZone
ZoneAlpaHeinAudiPlewAgneGoreZigmCityInerJoseThisDaliPolaChicPiggMistPierMeggAUDIApolMicrClas
GreeNighBeadChirHautWildAutowndrJeweRomaShamDremViteSwarWhisWindManiHTMLLexiJackWingMAURBaba
SakaJulyXVIIPeteFritJohnJameVIIIXVIITchaAnimMichVeraMoviGeorTantContUltiDaviMatcYogaKamaRuss
CrysDaviKiyoInteOichBonuWindWindJohnWiatKingGetsAbovCharWillRebeWindMichBookMagiJerrAudiAudi
AudiStanPampTacoLuciLouiThisFeliRobeHogaDaydMPEGSteptuchkasPainRETA

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 7:34 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Tran385.4BettCHAPremiTraiJeweDalvMattPixaFeelHarrAtlaTefaGeorSambWateGregCafeSilaZoneBlutJoAn
GurrBiocHighLifeWindAloeErbaJuliHiruBoroRichFallEditTeanPanaCredSchaNivePureNivePeteNatuRemb
DessHenrNatrAndrElleTimeTrasRichNoraJohnCollMichLudoPierAlanElleHabiFELINikiNikiElegJeweEart
ArktBrazXVIIXVIIChriDaviJohnZoneEdwaDisnAnthSterPixaZoneERINZoneGiusFramGlamZonePoulDrWeZone
JasoRobeHappRIIARexaChucMoshHamiAlfrCityDancBurtFranGarmQumoFyodScarJeffAcouFranSharGilbLazy
ShahNouvXVIITRASChodZoomMabeGangShauConsBookSQuiTexaWoodWoodMegaBaroSQuiAlieQUMOAcidThisJazz
FlatWinxRussLookJonaWindGammWildMonsActiLEGOsupeSoftCityChowBoarRickRussFantFantAlexPiotWant
HenrAgatXVIIJameNapoAcadJoseXIIIXVIIRunnDigiNormTellChesXVIItwisIvanStorinfoWrigUrgeChanFent
WindAllaRudoHeinRobeStepNeveWindwwwnFionThomKeviGrahStepStepClauUlriMoniCALSJennKateTRASTRAS
TRASVideChriReinCokiDireTicoMarkDaniJudyDonaMidnElectuchkasThisBach

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:16 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru