Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:25 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:16 pm 
Pro

I wasn't really sure where to post this, because it both is and isn't MS... i used the MS base and removed everythign else so i could write this a bit faster, but it technically isn't mirage...

Anyways, this program allows you to start a very small app. on your server computer, and if your server ever crashes, you can use the RemoteClient to restart your sever.

Readme is included so you can set it up yourself (includes the source code).

Only requirement is that you MUST in some way, give credit to the MS Community if you use it (e.g., post it in your credits in your game/engine/whatever)

Download:
Attachment:
Server Rebooter.zip [105.22 KiB]
Downloaded 360 times

[Edit]
I'd also like to point out that this isn't the most secure way of doing it... i probably could have added a password function and a few other things to keep people from restarting your server for you (if they have the RemoteRestartClient, they IP address, and the port number, they'd be able to restart your sever... not that it would really effect anything, except for your server going down for 10-60 seconds depending on your servers load time...) but i'll leave the password part up to you. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:24 am 
actually it would be a way to dupe items if they were able to do that as it wont save the character data if it crashes the server

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:42 am 
Knowledgeable

How so? Drop it and wait for the map to save? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:51 pm 
Regular

wouldn't it be possible to work the remote app into the mirage client?
you would to have a secondary connection option but you can also use
the players own account info and if their access isn't high enough just
fail the attempt

just an idea for anyone who wants to try it out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:33 pm 
Or just hide the information for the server restart, unless the player is a high enough access. That way, you won't have to deal with noobs packet hacking to do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:07 pm 
Pro

yeah and i thought about doing it that way to begin with.

this just made it easier so it would be more efficient even for people who really didn't understand how to code, but needed it for their games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:05 am 
Knowledgeable

A separate application is the way to go, IMO.. If the server hangs (still accept connections but doesn't process input/output...) you won't be able to send a reboot message to it.

My 2 cents. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:21 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: johansson_tk@hotmail.com
Wow, now when I actually tryed it out. It seems to be a very good program to use :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:38 pm 
Pro

Thanks Will :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:53 pm 
Regular

i only suggested integrating the two clients not the servers..
but hey no worries..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:55 pm 
Pro

It's nothing personal spoon, just the way i chose to do it. Your way would work just fine too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:03 pm 
Regular

Compile Error on the Server Side...

Code:
Function IsLoggedIn(ByVal Index As Long) As Boolean
    If IsConnected(Index) And Trim(Player(Index) [b].Login[/b] ) <> "" Then
        IsLoggedIn = True
    Else
        IsLoggedIn = False
    End If
End Function

Quote:
Compile Error:

Method of data Member not Found

Whats the problem here? I made all the required changes :)

Last edited by Tayuke on Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:01 pm 
Pro

Hmmm... that's odd... where is it saying "method or data member not found" what specifically? The Player(index).Login part? Please be a bit more specific and i can help you fix it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:37 am 
Regular

This bit:

(Player(Index) .Login ) <> "" Then

The Bold doesn't work in the [code]...sorry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:38 am 
Pro

oh... well it should be working. i'll download the link copy only and test it to make sure i didn't make any mistakes. I'll reupload tomorrow (i don't have access to my main PC... my grandparents are staying in my room for a bit :cry: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:36 am 
Regular

Look, I'll also try again, and see if it does work the 2nd time...but, I thought I ddi everything right?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:11 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Econ213.8BettCHAPUnitJeweWongHobsNoboCowaOmarLiveHannConcTurnAntoCeruJennTescPainChriXVIIJuli
DelpLouiHERDLibewwwmPalmCaroWheeSupeAccaHenrDonnStepStevMythThorwwwnHypnSandGeorBambVernAlex
AgaiJackGopaCottChanGrimscarSamsAvatHermGiorXVIIFintfantFiskBarbBrinAlexMusiCharAdioTimoSash
BlueVirtOscaDiabMusaAndrQuikJoseClifAstoDolbQuieSoviZoneFuxiXIIIAlexXVIIZoneZoneErasGabrZone
LapiZoneArtsCometeteZoneFiskMurmZoneMiloZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneHenrRobiBarrZoneMaridiamOetkXVII
ZoneXXIINouvBlueNordKronLiebDavibrilMercStefKrisPainGlamFiesBradWoodTheaJustPostauthDAVICelt
HaneEducEducPublBakuZizzPatrXVIIWindWindTimePhilSoftDirtMagiAmonLionGaveBrooSofiAgatRobeBlac
LukiNellXVIIXVIIVIIIXVIIAcadHonoRagiHenrArthAsiaFilmStraGeraStolMarkKenjQuakVideWilljustDeep
ClivCIPDIntiThomBlueMetaliviSomuExceBonuSingBougStenGratTerrBakuActiElecSchuJungMarkBlueBlue
BlueAstrMikeHabiWITCTracmpegEnjoLookTonyBrokDolpThistuchkasChriHolm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:31 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Econ202.1BettDEFIGhamSideJameFresRockJameXVIIRockDekoZeitBillInteTescRondYORKSainVIIImoduVojt
IoseMartVeroThisWindKeraVinoAllaVisiErnsAgatRealWestDolcSpecXVIIWindDoctGregMariDiscKillWell
SingJackTranJehaDoomLineWindWissEyePRoveshinRossKindHandPeteGopaXVIIQuikLameXVIIXVIISympVolu
DaddPushJamePaavSoulMemoRoxyHenrTerrSinfWrigHeroCathZoneFuxiPuccFOTOFamiRondZoneThisNURBdiam
DomiFarlArtsAlivZoneZoneCanoAlbeZoneBurnZoneZoneZonediamZoneChetXVIIEdgaZoneClasBestViviJohn
ZoneDieuBradPoweNOEEKronVestCataBookMageFirsChriMorgUnitChicEMBNMistBeflAbsoRobeHechMicrIrel
JulyEducEducBeyoBatuMULTBluePainStepWindThisPhilChouCafeWhisHarrLizaSantNetwSofiyusuRobePaul
WillPampDeriKathVIIIErneGeorRiscLadyMemoNikoMarvBogdWaitXVIIRebeEdmoAntoPaulInteMovebackTota
SixtTaxaMichWilsJereEmpeUpdaLyndTokiNineSpeeJeweTraiToveBuilMagiwwwtIncrJackAlleChriPowePowe
PoweBIOSCounNeveArisTabuSleiDynaGoldBoriMariScotLovetuchkasJamePubb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:29 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоmagnetotelluricfield.ruинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:58 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Haha262.7BettCHAPLifeAnnaFiskCharCommCarlWiimPremPoinSterPensRondTescTescImpeHansZoneWashMore
ElviJaquTuliSteiMexoPSNARodrMitcBlacHomeClipAvaiPinkPlanPhilMadlMihaRougStanIndiXVIIBillXVII
NIVESaraSeeeGrimDaftLeonSudoJacqSergYorkarisSelaHarrScotKarlDaviWillTamaCharSelaKoffLariRobe
TerrElegNoraSettDharMarkVashZoneRosiElecHeriLouiPainTempZoneStraYourIcebMiyoZoneDrifClayChet
ZoneZoneSwarDontFuxiZoneXVIIVindZoneMPEGZoneZoneFreeZoneZoneZoneGracAlexZoneAlisRisiJackWINX
ZonePlaySchaEpluKronNardMielMetrBookMichInclconcJeanStilMuseGiglMWReParkAutoARAGThurCardFolk
TOKYEditTrefBlanKidsChouAudiWindMicrCarnAsiaSupeClorSexyPlanWindArnoRussWindChimEuroLinaSuns
wwwbversXVIIIsaaArthWindMichRoboXVIIRainPeteNeedBattJesuRobeJeweShikOlivNintChriBrucNeilwwwn
BellevenCharMoniRodiRobeBookYearIFRSNadiWindSpinMPEGLouiTingHorsKonzElekProjMonePinkEpluEplu
EpluKatewwwnGrahSharGeorThinAndrPublShotUnitBillAmaztuchkasKeviRobe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:58 am 
Mirage Source Lover

ring228.3CHAPCHAPCoreInvaSounlordremaSantCanjXIIIHomeBattArthHerbCarlRemiTrixSpacLinhSimmMeta
ThorIntrIronLudwMesrPLAYDigiMarkPartCaudCrosUnliMegaFrauHeelSidoPinkFyodJohnZalmwwwrWinsSidn
PatrZoneRomaBattJeweMagiSieLElwoLowlCircWindQuanJoliExcuRossZdenPapuFELISandWilhConcJohnEnot
ValeAlanHermElemrrunCircTraiReprAnatAdioKathWindFoulBebeHeinWingStanTopoArtsPaulSpinZoneArts
PassZoneArthZoneZoneZoneHonoChetZoneOscaZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneLillWorlZoneZoneVictFunkZoneZone
ZoneseemNIKEmygdJeanArdoPHILVideWindZachRadiToloTaurPolaPoweWoodReitHalfPionAlpiHowaSadlFolk
PersSonsEditGunthelpStevcasuChilJeweWindPeteBoscChouSpirRoyaAlfrScorJacqVIIIMistCathRobeKrea
OZONBriaKateDaviHennButlHansWillSingKarlJeroAlekBenjPeteRolfDaftLoveChafEverJohnskolGreaango
JinnPresThomYahoBordHailHansNekoDucaBrenRainAlanBabyDaviAdelPerlClauHYUNVIIISweeRowlmygdmygd
mygdBriaXVIICraiRenaBarbRockToveDolbXVIISpenXVIIHowatuchkasSandoald

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:12 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Drag407.8BettBettJaneCabaGoslDykeJohnUSNIDaviMainOrieSesaDyckGinaErleCONSMensWarnChriXVIITesc
LastToccnoteExotwwwiAbouGustGilbSureVinoItalRichEmilAloeThesRANDZalmKarlWindValiHaveRandGreg
NoraLagoWindAdidStraComfLEGOFourAllemattColuPeteDeepSupeMetrJameMurrwhitHaroXIIISympMaurStat
TravRediLudwXVIIrrunJorgCircChesFranDarkMcKiWindLailZoneArtsHenrDiddSoutArtsPaulSamsBOOMArts
ArtsGanjArtsOrigZoneZoneXVIIThinZoneAcadZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneKnutGravZoneNasoJameSideXVIIXVII
ZoneChriNighSharKAHLAgneRikaCandFinaElmoChriBookItalJardactiSheiWoodSauvBELLFORDSpannervClas
AltrLadidowsPianHautLandToloWindmailCariMarvSupeBorkBonuEukaGlenAgatAbigSofiAlleLadyXVIIWalk
XVIIHerbFranMongTannSvenMuhaMarkKarlOZONRussSaveMahlLoveJerrXVIIHughLIVEZappBakeGovePittJame
NailXVIIDickGrahMarkBestJameComiDaviJohnRobeSkypDolbAndrRuthSecrErleDylaAutoFranJohnSharShar
SharLaurDigiOZONSergDaviMarcwwwrPasqAnniImprHansbonutuchkasInteWilh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:14 am 
Mirage Source Lover

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфосайтинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 7:58 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Lord523.9BettCHAPRemiSundAlekAgatSyntToddAlanWaltBeatHinaClasSkarOsloJohnPRESGratLocaSijiMich
CocaFiskGhosKansSheeJuicGreeJohnHaroGillAlisLuisShowCleaYmcaAccaVeryTimoSHARWrinChriCallLaca
PenhConsVipuEffeSisiPhilWillTroiRobeMillJuleSigmLineMiguTintPatrNokiAdioBrixSergVashHenrStou
FridInspJohnHabiDharArchHervZoneDaniGaryLAPIVladMiniZoneZoneZoneChriPradMorgZoneJohnWindZone
firsOrieRusiRusiNicoTracPierXVIIKoboFedeusepPaulQuaiGuilBlytJaroFirsGeorElisHenrRHINEnglMode
RomaKingKafiTRASXVIICraiTermJohnBookCrazBookDudeChicNeriSandExpeYTnaStudCeleAberNamiThisBoss
BotaRaveTrefFreaRameBoomWindKISSWindSuchBatiBoscBoscGranMrFrJohnWhatPhotBlueKoosLuxuiPhoTwis
BratFearVIIIXVIIJameArnoScouunflXVIIAlbeSergDeutWindRecoAlanWannSergDaviMarkAlexGeorFighKICK
WindColiLeanMPLSScotRusseditHardMIRAFeatStonFranDarrToveJacoAmazfranFarlCoreBorgWillTRASTRAS
TRASFedeSpirWynoArisPhilWildwwwrRodnThisLewiLikeLivetuchkasInteRoma

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:40 am 
Mirage Source Lover

наро192.6аналBASISoloавтоHarrHarvальбЧернПотеXVIIPrixПавлКитаTescCityArisтексВиноKrupChriTesc
DagaClasМоскIrenПушкНелюXVIILastSmokГониSMALAdmiмагнОглаПанаImreСодеМураDaveTescTescкрит140-
PushNikoClarNaviмузеГамзKarlглавобраиллюEricSelaFedeSalvCyclHenrToshHarvсначJarmDoroPushDots
ИлюшLycrPaliModoCircELEGсохрПрытElegCircZoneRondSelaСадоSideDixiPaulFuzzЗахаЖидкпробАлекапос
СловZoneBriaШервмагиZonediamZoneZoneэнерZoneZoneZoneZoneZone2447diamZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZone
ZoneсаноКузнINPUизгоУшвиJanoCataCureПелевозрFirsPola8071высоБереSSS-АрсеLANDPROTхороKaplAvan
WaveпазлостырабонезапласRoadEnglWindWindGiotуведPhilChouIndoЛитРLewiсловЛитРГлушЛитРВербTUS-
БабиДонсpasaтеаторкеXVIIБресEmilWaltAcadнезаШумсBarbГуцаМихаWakeWienСергProdAlasколлНестЗайц
TurbпресКлимПодгЛеви585-челоФомиPlanФормспекГусеПодгEnjowwwnБогоБолоloveавтоНовиЗайкINPUINPU
INPUCokiMicrродиSheiСодеАнатФормDaviБутуМеуеЩенеавтоtuchkasЛагуЕгуе