Hotel Map Moral

Very fun and easy

CLIENT SIDE:

modGameLogic, under:

Code:
' Party request

add:

Code:
' Map inn If LCase(Mid(MyText, 1, 10)) = "/sleep" Then Call SendInnSleep MyText = "" Exit Sub End If

in modClientTCP, under :
Code:
Sub SendJoinParty()

add, this sub:

Code:
Sub SendInnSleep()
Dim Packet As String
Packet = "INNSLEEP" & SEP_CHAR & END_CHAR
Call SendData(Packet)
End Sub

In frmMapProperties add to the list of cmbMoral a new line and type on it "Inn"

SERVER SIDE:

In modHandleData, under:

Code:
' :: Respawn map packet ::

add:

Code:
' ::::::::::::::::::::::::::
' :: Sleep Request packet ::
If LCase(Parse(0)) = "innsleep" Then
If Map(GetPlayerMap(Index)).Moral = MAP_MORAL_INN Then
Call TakeItem(Index, 1, 100) 'Change the valeu from 1(ItemNum) for the # you want and 100(GetValue) from the # you want
Call SetPlayerHP(Index, GetPlayerMaxHP(Index))
Call SetPlayerMP(Index, GetPlayerMaxMP(Index))
Call SetPlayerSP(Index, GetPlayerMaxSP(Index))
Call SendHP(Index)
Call SendMP(Index)
Call SendSP(Index)
Call PlayerMsg(Index, "You sleep...", White)
Else
Call PlayerMsg(Index, "You cant sleep here...", White)
End If
Exit Sub
End If

Done!

Can some 1 post an add to this, that if inn is selected on cmdMoral in frmMapProperties it apears 2 txtboxes and on it you type the item and the value that you wana get?

Server and client, in modConstants

unde:

Code:
Public Const MAP_MORAL_SAFE = 1

add:

Code:
Public Const MAP_MORAL_INN = 2

NOTE FROM GRIM:
REMIND EM LATER TO ADD THE UPDATE REQUESTED IN THIS TUT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:48 am 
Banned

I shall update this tutorial for you!

ALL SERVER SIDE!

First, Let's add a new nifty function that could be useful elsewhere!

Add this to ModGameLogic

Code:
Function GetPlayerInvItemName(ByVal Index As Long, ByVal InvSlot As Long) As String
    GetPlayerInvItemName = Trim$(Item(Player(Index).Char(Player(Index).CharNum).Inv(InvSlot).Num).Name)
End Function

Now, The Sleep Request packet. Replace it ALL with this.

Code:
    ' :: Sleep Request packet ::
    Dim GoldItem As Long
    If LCase(Parse(0)) = "innsleep" Then

For I = 1 To MAX_INV
    If Trim$(GetPlayerInvItemName(Index, I)) = "Gold" Then
        If Map(GetPlayerMap(Index)).Moral = MAP_MORAL_INN Then
             If GetPlayerInvItemValue(Index, I) >= 100 Then
                Call TakeItem(Index, I, 100)
                Call SetPlayerHP(Index, GetPlayerMaxHP(Index))
                Call SetPlayerMP(Index, GetPlayerMaxMP(Index))
                Call SetPlayerSP(Index, GetPlayerMaxSP(Index))
                Call SendHP(Index)
                Call SendMP(Index)
                Call SendSP(Index)
                Call PlayerMsg(Index, "You sleep and wake up feeling refreshed!", BrightGreen)
                Exit Sub
          ElseIf GetPlayerInvItemValue(Index, I) < 100 Then
            Call PlayerMsg(Index, "You do not have enough money to sleep here!", BrightRed)
            Exit Sub
          End If
        Else
            Call PlayerMsg(Index, "There is no Inn here. You cannot sleep!", BrightRed)
        End If
      End If
    Next I

Exit Sub
    End If

Tada, now it does not matter WHERE the item is in their inventory, and it makes sure they have enough money to sleep. Please replace the name "Gold" to whatever your currency is, and replace 100 with however much you'd like to charge them. :) This is SOO much better. And tested to work!

Last edited by James on Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:35 am 
Knowledgeable

this never worked for me on the old forum. I'll test tonight, much love
<3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:35 am 

Sorry to necro-post but i've tried this time and time again and it always kicks me telling me i have an invalid packet (INNSLEEP)) and highlights nothing :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:49 am 

taken from elysium tuts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:06 am 
Knowledgeable

I'm sure this was here, years ago

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:38 am 
Knowledgeable

Uarepoo2 wrote:
taken from elysium tuts

No it wasn't this tute was here before I joined, that was before Elysium was made. So SHHHHH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:11 am 
Community Leader

Google Talk: johansson_tk@hotmail.com
Uarepoo2 wrote:
taken from elysium tuts

Haha, I believe this is done by GSD, as many tuts here are. And he made it before es started.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:29 pm 
Pro

Google Talk: blackagesbr@gmail.com
Actualy that's mine xD
I used to make a lot of tutorials a while ago. Now I just don't have time, since I'm in college now.
I added this to my game and made this tutorial from it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:38 pm 

lol any ideas on my error?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:06 am 
This may not fix bug, but im looking into that. This is just another little thing to keep it from being like a Safe Zone map color.

Client Side:

Find:
Code:
If Map.Moral = MAP_MORAL_NONE Then

Replace that whole 'If' statement with:
Code:
        ' Draw map name
        If Map.Moral = MAP_MORAL_NONE Then
            Call DrawText(TexthDC, Int((MAX_MAPX + 1) * PIC_X / 2) - (Int(Len(Trim(Map.Name)) / 2) * 8), 1, Trim(Map.Name), QBColor(BrightRed))
        ElseIf Map.Moral = MAP_MORAL_SAFE Then
            Call DrawText(TexthDC, Int((MAX_MAPX + 1) * PIC_X / 2) - (Int(Len(Trim(Map.Name)) / 2) * 8), 1, Trim(Map.Name), QBColor(White))
        Else
            Call DrawText(TexthDC, Int((MAX_MAPX + 1) * PIC_X / 2) - (Int(Len(Trim(Map.Name)) / 2) * 8), 1, Trim(Map.Name), QBColor(Blue))
        End If

Server Side:
-This will keep people from attacking you while in this zone

Find:
Code:
       ' Check if at same coordinates
        Select Case GetPlayerDir(Attacker)
            Case DIR_UP

Replace the whole case with this:
Code:
        ' Check if at same coordinates
        Select Case GetPlayerDir(Attacker)
            Case DIR_UP
                If (GetPlayerY(Victim) + 1 = GetPlayerY(Attacker)) And (GetPlayerX(Victim) = GetPlayerX(Attacker)) Then
                    ' Check to make sure that they dont have access
                    If GetPlayerAccess(Attacker) > ADMIN_MONITER Then
                        Call PlayerMsg(Attacker, "You cannot attack any player for thou art an admin!", BrightBlue)
                    Else
                        ' Check to make sure the victim isn't an admin
                        If GetPlayerAccess(Victim) > ADMIN_MONITER Then
                            Call PlayerMsg(Attacker, "You cannot attack " & GetPlayerName(Victim) & "!", BrightRed)
                        Else
                            ' Check if map is attackable
                            If Map(GetPlayerMap(Attacker)).Moral = MAP_MORAL_NONE Or GetPlayerPK(Victim) = YES Then
                                ' Make sure they are high enough level
                                If GetPlayerLevel(Attacker) < 10 Then
                                    Call PlayerMsg(Attacker, "You are below level 10, you cannot attack another player yet!", BrightRed)
                                Else
                                    If GetPlayerLevel(Victim) < 10 Then
                                        Call PlayerMsg(Attacker, GetPlayerName(Victim) & " is below level 10, you cannot attack this player yet!", BrightRed)
                            ElseIf Map(GetPlayerMap(Attacker)).Moral = MAP_MORAL_INN Or GetPlayerPK(Victim) = YES Then
                                If GetPlayerLevel(Attacker) < 10 Then
                                    Call PlayerMsg(Attacker, "You are below level 10, you cannot attack another player yet!", BrightRed)
                                Else
                                    If GetPlayerLevel(Victim) < 10 Then
                                        Call PlayerMsg(Attacker, GetPlayerName(Victim) & " is below level 10, you cannot attack this player yet!", BrightRed)
                                    Else
                                        CanAttackPlayer = True
                                    End If
                                End If
                            Else
                                Call PlayerMsg(Attacker, "This is a safe zone!", BrightRed)
                            End If
                        End If
                    End If
                End If

And continue doing that with rest of Directions like DIR_DOWN, DIR_LEFT, and DIR_RIGHT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:56 am 
Gawian wrote:
Sorry to necro-post but i've tried this time and time again and it always kicks me telling me i have an invalid packet (INNSLEEP)) and highlights nothing :?

You get error server or client side? Try going over tutorial again and make sure you did it right.

Post subject: Re: Hotel Map Moral
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:54 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Kbit271.4BettCHAPPregANTOZukoFlorXVIISidnSpirMetaTescWindViteSympTescHilaAbdeElseZoneMistTesc
LiliTescElseWindSplaRaffDoctJeanMarkAppeRemiClarNeedProbYoghSkinLyonWellRobeCleaJeweHoleLeto
SlimBlueXVIINighCaraJoliHalfSanjwhitPradshinSelaTurbCarlEvolHenrOscaAlexJorgSelaCoutHerbOZON
IrwiWindBobbASPLTradWindHappLapiCiroPlayScotHansWindBirdZoneViraAlkaWaltRondZonePrimPriyZone
ZoneZonediamDimaRHTLZoneGeraRunnZoneChriZoneZoneOracZoneZoneZoneReadOrenZoneElleRichRespLemo
ZoneWillDarrHDMIKronNodoElecBesaBookBernYangJoinPinaDigiDistSheiPartFACEWindARAGJeffLapaFolk
ThalEducCreaRobeWinxKidsTellWhipEndaJeweLEGOTaniClorRodiPlanUtelPretIsadJeweWalkAweashirDixi
GoblIntoXVIIXVIISultAndeLuxeconsXVIIDataDonaThisHighKMFDBillUrgeJacqBritSonyMicrGearJeanJenn
HansMadoPainCapoIainGeorLambLawrPresLiveJeweMariDeatXVIISpeeGonnNyneSterAdobMariFiftHDMIHDMI
HDMIJulewwwrHughJacqIbboWannVictPollMARVGuitSqueABBYtuchkasJeweCant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:14 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Jour258.7BettCHAPUltrTranKathHarlIntrXVIIRickProvMeliSifrPensGranTescVisiTescHenrZoneAnneClas
TescYORKElseBorlSilvByzaStevMPEGACCEAhavEverHideLiveTeanBadgThomDomoSkinJackCaraBeteCaroTamr
PhilBugaChilLineArktVoguPushVashKoffsatiAdioSelaWindErneDonafiliXVIISergRafaNikieditJeweHein
SpenSeriMarkEmpiJohnTereEpsoZoneLymaDisnValiWaltToolSideZoneCompLikeAverdiamZonebonuXVIIPBIJ
HappZoneSwarTearSeikZonePolaSmokZoneCityZoneZoneParaZoneZoneZoneCollPulsZoneSvenBonuXVIIHami
ZoneTerrRandMPEGToriArdoMielRalpBookGeraOffiBookNeriOlmePsauProtLineCommHyunARAGExceInteCelt
HojaEditTrefSingBeacBiliBusiWindMicrSpliJohasupeamarChouDaviWindXVIIGladLukiVanbPearLaurGrea
WindWillXVIIHardWernEdwaFataEverTheoAfriMarkBoriSacrchamJeweDancoffeBURLJacoGemmTireGeneSput
JohnDandXVIIRolfVIIIDolbBookEricRobeFyodSeunSonyJeweSomeHalfCOBRWindHybrAdobAntoPONSMPEGMPEG
MPEGToshPROMDianMichRimmwwwiTimeAlesRidiCambHappNovetuchkasJohnTitu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:28 am 
Mirage Source Lover

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоmagnetotelluricfield.ruинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:45 am 
Mirage Source Lover

nikt323.1PERFBettRobeWindFrieAndrBusiAnneJeffTescPensOrieTescOrieThisRivePunkannoZoneBeenRond
AtlaRondTescCarnPenhDoveMemoWilhsunsDoctWhatWillGeorAhavGezaGustSpicTimoAntoAnneRobeSammaliv
JardGuitYureSayiJeweHenrElecLoonWaynVoluEricNeriSomaFourLemoEduaXVIIStepNikiSelachaeGeorTras
ProgSaidIrviBradXVIIIdriApesZoneVentSonyMORGMiddJeweArtsJameSpoiGlenWildRondPHINGoodAllmZone
BertViraRXODWalkSwarZoneHoldIntrJuliEndrZoneShorWindZoneZoneZoneGeorTourPaulXVIIMikaJeweJewe
DaviPeteWeltLancStieOPALBoscOverBoyaChihToloBookPariBLACPETEPolaOlmeFlipWindARAGXXIIPathFolk
VODKEducenfaKarlEpsoFourWindIronWindwwwrMagnBoscBonuCaroEukaAndrViolElenSleePeteStepLewiWalk
TaxmdiskVIIIJennUptoClauXVIIServAcadAlbeGablVIIIISDNGaaaDissNextTerelongFendNickpersNigeEdou
OxfoExceTravLispParaJeffBrooMarkDeutXVIILawrEspaHarrLucaPresJeanmakeWordAutoAndrWindLancLanc
LancIUCNJeweReviLoveFranRockWindWhenGaiuAnotABBYTenntuchkasSaraOnce

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:51 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Cora171.9BettUsinNeedMelaMultWhitMPEGTatsArthStefBlanGayaSophSieLSwisRisoBussHardMichAlanFran
TondFranDomeXVIIDennHereOZONNoriFlasPhilMariAmerMaxwThisVamoPricNumbIronVIIIAtlaOnlyDykeGill
JohnDonaSPADCameFaitWallMotoCircXVIISabrPETESeriJazzPelhAkasAlfrNicoFELIXVIICompTracAdagTowa
PlaiGiocMariZaleReveJohnSelaRogeFredXboxJefeMaxiProsDepeRITZEricPierTokySwarRusiImpoZoneArts
diamNormNBRDLouiZoneZoneBlueZoneZoneGeordiamZoneZoneZoneRondXVIIJaroZoneZoneTomTJosiZoneOrbi
ZoneSuprJungSETUBBucKronSamsCataBookBariXVIIHiddBadiNighDaliJoanFlipMatiPhilWindGoodpulmCelt
CleaAdagASPIPaulLiPoMaybWarhWindWindWindKaihTefaCastChloFrisPretCompvaScXXIITrevIntrIainTime
NortJeffFOREAcadAcadDecotodaEmilHinaProsStarEricShinSystPrasIvanVasiSpacFredPreiSounWillDock
GotoTradPresAMADHalfRogeSybeFEARCarlMerrGibsIndiLouiAntoMarkHawkJeveModeHypeGoodNASASETUSETU
SETUIronHaimErinMystBeacModeProcDougRobeRussMariDigituchkasWindTosk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:19 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:54 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Some534vitaBettHiroAlmoMissJoseWilhFiskSOCOEnnsMeanSharArthWhatBlacTescMagiWindXVIIAlanThir
XIIIMariTescWindPhilNatuPacoXVIIRolaDykePlusFestDollBrilGuccremiMaryAksemicrAyanBeteBeanDisc
BrilLiliCodeFedeGrimLineWindAMILJosiBlueshinGiovHuckAuguAndrMichDeseFeliMickErneRoxyEmilClau
VoguUnreJameGeniReveHoshRingJaroMPEGJuliMollCorePrelFatsNBRBTeddGoneFramArtsRusiModeDaviInte
ArtsZonetapaHaunJacoZoneAudrTribWillJuliZoneZoneEndlZoneZoneForsExceEricZoneJeweLopeLeveThom
SherXVIIXVIIPionGermSaatZanuKrolXboxBabyJohnAlfoHorsPonnRivoPoweKittWoodClasWAECEricThisOper
zeroSantTrefKotlBlanWinxTellWindActiLEGOWinxPhilSiemhappChoiMaskMetaMichMichLadyKonzXVIISigm
wwwrPremKarlHansWillHenrPetaAnatShowMemoDiffValeMohaConqRodiGaliOtarCariPaulJudiCruiCharPete
JeweThomJoseDellMASTPupiMaryThomConcPeteSimoJeffMobiSpidWoulCallMarsRaceViolLosiUninPionPion
PionWindSugaanimSectAestWaynIndeservSeetMoreHaroBecktuchkasUnitDust

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:46 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфосайтинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо