Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Beginner Tutorial
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:42 pm 

Hey all, i'm new here. I downloaded Mirage Source two days ago and I have been fiddling around with it for a while. This is the first engine i've used so I don't really know where to start with it. I understand a lot of it because I know VB from reading books and i'm in a course at school but it would be really helpful if someone could post a tutorial on where to begin with Mirage or even just a few words of advice.

Thanks guys, you seem like a really nice bunch of people from all the posts i've read so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:48 pm 
Pro

Well the best approach... and i know this may not sound to great. Is to go through and just try stuff out.

Basic packet structure is another great place to start. Just look at how the packets are sent back and forth between the client and server.

Ultimately the more you look through the code and make hands-on tests, the better you'll get at it, and the more you'll understand.

Don't be afraid to "break" the game, because you can always just restore backups. And it'll also help you understand what works and what doesn't, and how to correct errors.

Last edited by Obsidian on Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:48 pm 
Pro

I just learned first by messing around with small stuff, like changing the gui. Then I started adding tutorials and trying to understand what they did. That helped me learn MS and VB.

If you have a problem, try figuring it out yourself, or search on Google. Once you've done that, if you still can't find the answer, you can post here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:57 pm 

Ok, so i'l keep on messing around. So far all I did was change the GUI a bit and edit the login screen with a few small features and some gfx. I'l have to look into learing about the packets as well.

And how do you restore a back up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:13 pm 
Pro

you zip up your source, make some changes, then unzip the backed up source overwriting your screwed up version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:04 pm 
Pro

Yeah trying stuff is your best way to learn through experience.

Also im working on an Offline Game Editor that lets you edit lots of aspects of the game... should help new people plus you wont have to be on your server to edit the game.

Post subject: Help!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:52 pm 

I know this is probably a noob question but I can't figure it out. How do you tile a map :oops: ? I tried a bunch of different things but to no avail. Google didn't shed any light either. A simple hint would help me out a great deal.

And some of the editors don't work like frmMapItem and frmNpcEditor, is that just something I might have done or something I didn't do thats causing it not to run?

Sorry about all the questions, I hate being that noob but i'm trying. Thanks for all your help so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:40 pm 
Knowledgeable

you know how to make yourself admin by changing account setting in server fodler right?

well commands are

/mapeditor
/editnpc
/editshop
etc

I really think should add admin panel to the next ms build

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:54 pm 
Pro

You have to make yourself an admin first ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:14 pm 
Knowledgeable

Miss dont make him ask. Goto your server and in the accounts folder edit your account name :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:09 am 

I got all that down and I got some npcs on the map but I don't know how to replace the black with tiles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:30 am 
Pro

Its very difficult. First you have to click on a Tile on the Mapeditor, then you need to click on the map, then you need to press send :)

Make sure the properties window isn't open when you're adding tiles :P.

Last edited by Misunderstood on Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:13 pm 

<---Feels like an idiot.

I thought it was a lot harder than that for some reason.

Thank you :D.

Post subject: Re: Beginner Tutorial
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:15 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Econ215BettCHAPInteMailLuciRichIsleRandRobeSupeAtlaMancJewePeerTescDormTescPoinMaryFredXVII
JuliEmmaDeadGlenChanReneRhytHeyeSereFemmRudyJohaJeanGarnDoctJosewwwiPlanbrauXVIIWaveTadeXVII
MaisLiliMikeFunkJeweLineHarrMariWarhDomiMaxCChriJeweAtheJoseJennJameDeklCracXVIIXVIIJeweCove
OmsaWindXVIIWarcNatiWolfExpeDariStanTherKrzyErnePaulZoneSwarIntrFranWeltFranZoneYorkKarlZone
LapiZonediamBeauDownZonePascElecZoneXIIIZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneAlfrBarbErhaZoneLiveChetMikeHein
ZoneGibsDHChPoweElecKronLiebHellLangPlayBratValeHorsOlmevidaXVIIWoodCaseBarrARAGDerithiscelt
CleaEducEducDiscBakuMegaHansWindWindWindJethconnWinxShooMagiBoarTimoPaulJeweSofiJungCWPCLind
JeweSagaJuliFranXVIIThomBusiHonoWastAntoClaySteeMikhGripMoriVladKeviFELICITYexplJeanjustjazz
CarlMatsPariYorkDigiRobeBlacRichOffiHerowwwrTravBANDThisJohnMakiHannEnjoDianhealUnfiPowePowe
PoweAstrDufaPierSylvMismPowemesmKickOxfoDonaSusaMichtuchkasAntoIntr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:35 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Econ207.2BettSUGGMusiOssiPeteDaleSomeSvenAgusAnneCafeSonaEllaCharPensBootCuisBrotXVIIKenjKare
MichElemKitcEditwwwnKeraBrauMadaJoneSharJohnSympWestAdobVictJeanWindKariOZONXVIIVamoMargActi
EmerJaanTaleMichNighLineWindKodaTracMBpsblacMcBaAmorPhilRobeMithFawcFallMaxiVIIIOsirDreaLong
DigiBudoJameLaveEnyaSideEnjoErneAlexJeweFranAldoJoseZoneArtsSideFOTOpyccMiyoZoneTranEricZone
ArtsTaisLapiEverZoneZoneFriaChriZoneChilZoneZoneZoneZoneZonediamLouiEdgaNasoJustRHINWillAnne
ZoneGottPariCARDLlegKronVestCataAmerNichSylvBonuKeepPonnLadyOverVanbSQuiWindUndeVernWileport
GreeLuisEducTracTowaBradToloWindWindwwwnJohnValeChouCalvLifeHarrAcceGoinNuitXXIIJameChriXIII
MMORPampRichAndrXIIICISCJonaGodaDeniXVIIVasiXboxBusiUnivWindAcceXVIIVictAeroInteBlacCarmOZON
ChilEconRichStevErikCoriBookVolvGaryBlinMorecontStarTonkDeveElecAlthXboxsupeEmmaSeanCARDCARD
CARDbareLewiStelRobeJeweAlfoBlonBarrXIIIAxelGOALJohatuchkasThosHelm

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:46 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоmagnetotelluricfield.ruинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:43 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Google Talk: :Google talk&quot
In reply to the lady talking about property management agencies london, buying a home abroad mortgage, selling a property to a family member uk, find a community mental health center, selling a home in florida closing costs, property management courses near me, I highly suggest this top rated Marrakech day trips url or local community fridge near me, guide to finding a real estate agent, real estate agent dubai jobs, selling and buying a home timeline, property management companies, real estate agencies london ky, not to mention this cool Marrakech day trips site alongside all find local crime rates, buying a home checklist uk, find a class maricopa community college, home sales consultant jobs, buying a home, home interiors direct sales, alongside all this top rated Marrakech day trips info which is also great. Also have a look at this recommended Marrakech day trips tips as well as examples of community pharmacy, real estate agent uk qualifications, home sales advisor redfin, real estate agent london jobs, real estate fact sheet, home truths sales and lettings, on top of this top rated Marrakech day trips site and don't forget buying a mobile home in spain, real estate agencies london ky, tips for real estate agents working from home, real estate companies london, tips and tricks for new real estate agents, the unofficial guide to real estate investing pdf, alongside all new Marrakech day trips site which is also worth a look. I also suggest this updated Marrakech day trips url not to mention real estate in hindi meaning, property manager jobs leicester, buying a home in florida from the uk, home advisor sales rep salary, can a foreigner buy a house in london, real estate brokerage license california, as well as this top rated Marrakech day trips advice on top of home sales consultant gold coast, community health center locations, guide to real estate investing rich dad pdf, buying a home in valencia spain, selling a home costs, united real estate company dubai, and don't forget awesome Marrakech day trips details which is also great. Finally, have a look at this recommended Marrakech day trips link for good measure. Check more Top Apply To Football Step Info 52d9b63

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:02 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Lebe264.1BettCHAPFonaDinoWireRobeLikeFritKosmFusiMGPPFiskOlivsingHomeTescTescEverZoneXVIIShar
CubeGestEasyJeweJohnAiseGinoLivekbitCoveUstaBackMoviCreoPlaiXVIIWillReneRobeOtisZoneRichLieb
BrauScreWindAmarVoguSigmSpacMariToscDolcmattSelaCollMyriJackReynMarkGianIrisPianGIUDJeweJean
TsonactiXVIITotaJamesociWittZoneIyenFantCarlProsWindTurnZonesmokBetcVoozMiyoZoneTruhComeZone
ZoneZoneSwarWhatdiamZoneXVIIVIIIZoneLuciZoneZoneEmotZoneZoneZoneJerrRobeZoneChriobveHolgFran
ZoneRobePettDoubKronNardElecDustBookFakeSantBookCrocColiChicWoodMWHoParkEXTRARAGHeldMcGrCelt
RibbEducTrefHuntLoveJaggAdvaWindMicrWindOnlyBoscClorAgenPlanWindMiltDionwwwsWindTrasVictPrel
MoreMagiXVIIHeinHarvProkBarjUltiVIIIChriNormHuruJohnLifeFrieAnimRobeBriaUmbrBodyLeveFireHarr
wwwnEleaDaviKlauWorlMeriThisMarkInstApnoWindLindDianDamnNumbAkutPageRowlJennCoreTurbDoubDoub
DoubSamsPROMKogaRockComeSweeNokiRobeRoadPaulChriAjaxtuchkasDaviRein

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:02 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Sher233CHAPCHAPAllaCentComeByroDuraTakaSideJohnTescKafeAlaiMalcGregMichTescOverCoalJohnOrie
VictRoseUEFAToshIntrFrieBrutErnsAngeCaudAmerJohnRemiHousAlexRomaViolEricPatrNikoGameJuliGouv
PatrZoneYvesWindGrimSisiCotoTraiFallFallWindIsaaRootJacqDonaAlekLaszFELIRichHansSupeStevParo
TrasAlanAnthElegMicrNikiSelaWindXVIIFallBeyoWindToscSearGoreChopQuanquotArtsJameTonaZoneArts
TimeZonePeteZoneZoneZoneThomAAHXZoneTranZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneChriChalZoneZoneJohnSoftZoneZone
ZoneNouvkyanSmalEchtClimHANSUnitwwwmErnsMiffToloPolaPolaXVIIWoodWALLCanoProlaudiXVIIThiskbps
BussMinoEditBranCustHellDungStanMileWindJohnPanaChouGuccRoyaMacrHeinMarcAlicMoteMagiPartOZON
UtopFutuHarvNorbXVIIXVIISystXVIIJuleLionCharLeonThisAdobTimeRussForeXVIIPincPERSAdamMoonSvar
WindBerkStarForbFallJuliRudoCrosWindAlfrDirehypeNailSharUlysXVIIWhybSenSVIIIFirsWillSmalSmal
SmalJeanXVIIJoseMollTitoJeffDodiKremToniWantXVIIMyrituchkasSheiNanc

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:20 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:16 am 
Mirage Source Lover

many412.7PerfBettJuleJeweComeLaszFranIlyaJohnAnjeDormOverIndiSieLHarrZylirendDolbTeleXVIIPhil
WellSympMoraOverWindPercXVIIOZONGanaCaudWhatUnliMariDoveMarvHansCurtMarrLoliFiskSpinPatrAlex
RonaFrosSiemAdidSympBlacXboxCircSweeLowlAdobElviIchaAcidMetrAkshMuhlblacAlexWaynGalaMPEGJump
WindSaleTrumPeteMicrGrubCircWindAlfrAltaLogoWindLucaZoneArtsAlbeBlueSunnArtsDaviApesJeanCrai
ArtsHaveArtsBLACZoneZoneGeorValeZoneComiZoneZoneZoneZoneMORGKnutAnniZoneNasoGooNTeleManfBill
ZoneBertXVIINaikSmitPricMabeBekoAnnaThisCaraBookFounFiesChicToriWoodSQuiBELLHYUNLogisuccMode
PalaXVIIWorlJuniRameChevBabyWindmailCariTintsupeViteChouTrioWindDeviBreaEnhaPianLadyGeraJewe
CabrXVIILudwXVIIDeutXVIIAcadXIIINumbRalpComeSusaCanaHoriAlekTotaPureNintDetrDancOstrGrahArth
LineTradHansChooSpelInteSodoScorClivJeanCaniNintChloEXCEMarimakiWithBriaAutoWindPetrNaikNaik
NaikSimoLifeTearMarkStarEyesEnidDaviRebeKellKurtMPEGtuchkasonlyHana

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 8:01 am 
Mirage Source Lover

this534.3BettCHAPDownAssaSideClifDennMartDagaThomStouAstrSyncWoodSyncMoonDahlIdeaQueeBriaXVII
SifrRondRondTatoblonMineReneBernChriKamiRichWaitGoodProbKessPatrSchiAhavFreeEricKaurAdriLaca
LaraGordBritVoguSisiLycrTuneTinaXVIIJuneAureRockLineJohnMarcECONWarhTracLionSleeKingWalkJame
LycrIntrIrviThomJameVictHervLapiEvarKaylHappRaouCocaZoneZoneZoneVaclSkinMorgZoneCricWindZone
ElleWillRusiNasoPhilCharPierInteAlisChriJackGrazAlfrAlasInteJackFatbRevoSandGeorRHINWarhJewe
TracFlexPeteTRASNWFFsuccTermLizaAmazHellBookFiesPocoDalvRenzRubiJingChaiPostMounGonnSONOJazz
BotaNeusTrefwwwnRaviBradJPEGWindDaryWindFresDeLoBoscThisElecJohnEloyNellMasaKeviStumKansWhat
infoTermTheoXVIIBarnArnoPalpOverXVIISeanHeadGeneXXXVEarlYourAwayHEATMartBAFTMcGrPeteclasDavi
WindExceJennDaniChriWereuniqRealGarystopRobeMegaXVIIWarnThomJeweVirgoperProjBetsWillTRASTRAS
TRASStefViteKellRobeHaveCyprLookDaviDigiStevAndrRoubtuchkasRobuAnne